• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What verse do you believe should be weaker than it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes when a series goes on long enough, you start to see some inconsistencies in power and general plot induced stupidity. If common enough, it becomes the norm and the verse scales off of those feats... or shit like that. Sometimes the author writes feats and they don't really understand the extent of what it would take to replicate them.

My question is what verse do you believe should be weaker (in-source, generally) than it actually amounts to?

I'll start off with an example. One of my favourite verses, JoJo's Bizzare Adventure is generally MTFL through stands with City Block Level+ tiers, when you do the calculations.

I really believe Araki (the author) intended for part 1/2 is only peak/superhuman at best, and the later parts with stands like Star Platinum to be building level with supersonic speeds.

I mean, lots of the scaling comes from Dio surviving a giant ass ship explosion granting him and a bunch of other characters who fight him and Jotaro City Block Level+ attack potency and durability. Sure he isn't the only scale, but he definitely is a large one, especially for a feat you know Araki didn't really think through.

Base Sonic. I can see tier 2 and 4 super forms, but high 6-A Sonic just seems really weird to me for some reason. It's not a logical thing either, because I'd have no issue seeing him as tier 5 via scaling base Sonic to perfect chaos and emerl, but that wasn't accepted. Also destiny, in particular all the had that oryx has that just doesn't manifest in the game. I get that there's gonna a be a disparity between the written lore and the game, but I was going through the grinoire and was like "wow I didn't know Oryx was broken as **** I thought he was just a raid boss that's only hard because of one enemy"

Dragon Ball after the first Martial arts Tournament. The people just underestimate or overestimate the power levels after these tournament, even in this Wikia, even Toriyama don't understand the true level of his work, not to mention the implications of these levels and feats.

Naruto, Kishimoto don't understand the true levels of the feats in his manga and anime series.

Basically most people with storm calcs and vaporizing people probably didn't intend those to be considered feats of energy, and a lot of storm spells and stuff are more along the lines of summoning an already existing storm. Also, scaling all of a magic user's spells, when they vary wildly in potency all the time. It's already prrpre ingrained in the wiki, and I get why they're done, moreso on the spell scaling though, it's just clearly not what the author intended. Authorial intent doesn't really matter though, it's just amusing when someone makes someone tier 7 whosw clearly not intended to be there.

I kinda feel like the authors of PMMM intended for the guns and stuff Homura uses to legit just be regular weapons, and that we wouldn't translate creating a labrynth or whatever into AP and durability. Multiversal god tiers seems pretty intentional thoigh.

Not sure if necro or not but,

The Flash...to an extent. For the first 3 seasons I was sure the writers had no clue that Barry was in triple digit mach numbers and town level, in season 4 though, I believe the writers were at least somewhat aware of how impressive his feats were.

I actually disagree, I think Akira Toryiama has wanted to make it blatantly consistent that these characters are capable of planet level feats (saiyan saga) and later even solar system and universal level feats (buu and cell). I mean, it's hard to argue with a direct statement that says Buu will destroy the universe.

Wokistan said:
Basically most people with storm calcs and vaporizing people probably didn't intend those to be considered feats of energy, and a lot of storm spells and stuff are more along the lines of summoning an already existing storm.
Tbh that probably applies to a bunch of feats that aren't literally blowing up something. Freezing calcs for example

Touhou, in some cased. There's the infamous giant buddha god, and dragon the size of constellation eating star, but I wouldn't believe that the main cast would move at a speed somewhere faster than relativistic (Youmu case). They also wouldn't have literal star-destroying capacity either.

Naruto. I don’t believe Naruto’s world was meant to have Moon busters and Planet busters.

Why? Cause the other Ninjas Leaders had no chance of reaching that. That is so unfair, honestly.

Bruh, two years necro...

Anyway, Shinza. Especially Paradise Lost. I think it's supposed to be a normal hentai. Masada must've had awaken his inner chunni somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back