• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Which Precognition users should have Analytical Prediction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wording in the proposal has been changed to reach maximum accuracy.

It is probably good if somebody assembles all of the mentioned characters into a list in the first post of this thread.

I think there are characters in Fate who have skills relating to AP (Analytical Prediction) that might be able to get this based on what I looked at each examples of them. Those being:

-With Instinct

-With Eye of Mind (True)

-With Eye of Mind (False)

Didn't some people argue that rather than something like analytical prediction, the sharingan shows the user images of their opponenent's movements?

Edit:

Because the reading muscle movements thing was never stated in canon, and i could never find a source on it.

Are some administrators and content moderators willing to help out with applying the changes to the listed character profiles?

Also, does somebody have suggestions for how to rewrite the Precognition page?

I don't know Naruto, but I could help out a little later once I do some stuff irl.

I've updated Garou's page.

As for the Sharingan, I believe that the basis for Analytical Prediction for it is from this chapter (230). Sasuke anticipates Naruto's next moves with chakra-enhanced sight.

I actually don't believe sharingan users qualify for this. The wording for analytical prediction makes it sound like the user has to actively be making prediction but as damage just showed Sasuke didn't do that; the visions of Naruto happened out of no where when he activated 3 tome. He even questions what was happening if it was even because of his stronger body. He didn't actively uses it when he awakened it.

I believe the first part of this is Analytical Reaction, while the Second is Precog?

"Intelligent enough to deduce the future from simple observations. In Infraspace, she can view the entire lifetime of beings as if they were a singular shape."

First Databook entry for the Sharingan, highlighted the relevant bits:

• The Kekkei Genkai withheld in the blood of Konoha's finest lineage, the Uchiha clan. This unique ability, manifested only in a mere fraction [of people] even within the clan, is characterized by comma*-shaped markings in one's pupils. On top of an all-encompassing insight and powerful hypnosis, these eyes are hosts to a jutsu-copying ability that memorizes the techniques their gaze falls upon in an instant, and replicates them. Just like Kakashi who, in his fight against Zabuza, used it in such a way as to look like he could predict the future; according to their methods of use, the field of variations the caster can apply to their offense and defense expands indefinitely!!
  • The power of insight hidden inside these eyes discerns the mechanics of all ninjutsu, taijutsu and genjutsu without restriction, putting it above the crowd even by doujutsu standards. Furthermore, one can even see the patterns of their opponent's movements and attacks, striking firmly without fear of a counter-attack, avoiding lethal blows when defending, evading from offensive moves and so forth: one's combat ability is significantly improved in all kinds of aspects. An awe-inspiring ability for which the "Clairvoyant Eyes of Heaven**" would be an appropriate name indeed!!
This may come down to personal interpretation a bit, but I think that this leans more towards Analytical Prediction than pure precognition.

This may call for its own thread tbh. In the scene with Sasuke he didn't actively predict Naruto's move they jsut happened and appeared in his mind proven when he said he saw them with his minds eye.

Also right below it literally says Claivoyant Eyes of Heaven.

@qliphoth

I'd argue instinct is closer to precog than analytical prediction since they don't have to analyze anything they just know the best course and for the higher ranks it's referred to as basically knowing the future

Same with eye of the mind you aren't actually analyzing or predicting anything you can just forsee and sense things before they happen

You can do that yourself. I'm not good with talking with most of them anyways lately and I've been doing a lot of Fate edits.

I can go and revert them back later as I'm not by a computer rn.

Edit: Thinking about it, I'm not even gonna bother until the thing about Precognition is either rewritten or Analytical Prediction is done with.

Edit 2: Looking at one of the example users, FSN Archer is listed as one of them and rereading both the current AP description and what his Eye of Mind does, I'm more inclined to just settle with what's been put and leave it at that. I'm already derailing enough with my comment and editing of this so this matter is both done for me (meaning any further replies to this comment I'm just gonna ignore) and taken off to somewhere else for someone elses business.

I've edited some Naruto profiles myself, kind of surprised no one mentioned Might Guy here. His 'precognition' exactly falls under this new power, so there's that.

I'll try to help with more obscure franchises in the meantime.

Any knowledgeable users of One Piece in here?

Monkey_D._Luffy_(Post-Timeskip) still has Precognition on his category section. I think at some point he had it on his profile but was removed.

Don't know what he did to get it on the first place. Maybe he should get Analytical Prediction?

Yes, Luffy can actually see into the very near future during battle.

Would using the power of the "Mind's eye" to predict attacks from coming count as analytical prediction?

I mean, Analytical Prediction sounds like using purely intuition to predict an attacks and patterns, but it descriptions doesn't sounds that different than ESP and Precognition.

Theglassman12 said:
Would using the power of the "Mind's eye" to predict attacks from coming count as analytical prediction?
Depends on what exactly you mean by the "Mind's Eye"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back