• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

White Rhinoceros vs. Hippopotamus (Both The Real World)

Rhino
Hippo
Not sure why this hasn't been done before but here's the fight between the two biggest herbivores in Africa excluding the Elephant. Fight takes place on the banks of the Nile River but either party can enter the water. Win by death of the other herbivore.

White Rhinoceros:1

Hippopotamus:0

Inconclusive:3

Since it says it is in the water ( nile river) I believe the hippo woould have the edge. Hippos can serverely damage other hippos with their jaws/teeth. Rhino's have the weight advantage but in the water the hippo has every other advantage. The rhino can't charge and being in water it's horn is useless because of the way they swim.

1 for hippo

I gave the Hippo the home court advantage due to speed and lifting strength disadvantage but I should probably make it a fight on the Nile River banks so the Hippo can use the water but the Rhino doesn't have to go in.

then its a stalemate if neither approach. land goes to rhino because it can charge, water goes to hippo because rhino cant use horn

If they both start on Nile bank then rhino could possibly get the win before the hippo gets in the water, but the hippo may lure the rhino into the water and get the win. This is tough but I'm going to go for rhinoceros.

Assuming we'll allow this necro, Incon? I mean the hippo pretty wont kill the rhino on land, but the moment it goes for the water, it won't lose.

Back