• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why does everyone rely on truth= more people agreeing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In vs matches people just say FRA for whoever char they like more unless it's an obvious stomp thread. or in CRT truth would be whoever has more agreements, and even that's silly due to bias ( again), like simply wanting someone to be upgraded or downgraded therefore gunna agree with whoever FRA. I don't really believe in truth is who whoever has more people that agree with them, truth is whoever knows what they are talking about tbh. I scrolled through the bleach revisions and saw some naruto fans agreeing simply because they don't want bleach over naruto therefore I agree FRA, or people that don't like it or have limited knowledge on bleach. Same goes for the Yhwach almighty threads, like making up weaknesses for the almighty that was never shown to begin with and people agreeing despite no evidence to support it, yet I got called wank cause I'm using what was shown in the manga and stated 1000x by the guy that's knows how his power works.when the oppositing argument is made up. Or android 17 mess, 17 being low 2-C would be ********, but I can write an essay on why it's not and people can still say they agree with the other person. Therefore more people disagree, so I'm wrong, but then again that's just Bias since they don't want him at that tier.

Unless you can determine the absolute truth all the time, there is no real way otherwise to do it.

Of course we don't allow FRAs based on flawed arguments, and a bunch of people spamming a wrong argument won't counter a non-debunked good argument.

From what I'm reading here it sounds like you're just frustrated with people not agreeing with you. THis is probably the best versus site out there and from what I've exerienced in this community bias is something that is incredibly rare. You also need to understand that this is a community. What if the most knowledgable person is biased in some way? What if the local Digimon or Pokemon or whatever expert decides that the verse should be tier 1-A even if it clearly isn't? Heck, if we did things your way then Kirby would be 3-A which is only from a one of outlier and is inconsitent with the rest of the series. Also we have had several threads on why Yhwach is where he is. And Bleach is one of the most debated verses on this site so I'm pretty sure most people have a pretty good grasp on how it's hax work by now. (Heck, I know an awful lot about Warhammer 40k form this site despite never having played the actually game read any of the books).

The Wright Way said:
From what I'm reading here it sounds like you're just frustrated with people not agreeing with you. THis is probably the best versus site out there and from what I've exerienced in this community bias is something that is incredibly rare. You also need to understand that this is a community. What if the most knowledgable person is biased in some way? What if the local Digimon or Pokemon or whatever expert decides that the verse should be tier 1-A even if it clearly isn't? Heck, if we did things your way then Kirby would be 3-A which is only from a one of outlier and is inconsitent with the rest of the series. Also we have had several threads on why Yhwach is where he is. And Bleach is one of the most debated verses on this site so I'm pretty sure most people have a pretty good grasp on how it's hax work by now. (Heck, I know an awful lot about Warhammer 40k form this site despite never having played the actually game read any of the books).
Except the experts disagree, I have a problem with disagreement if I feel like I know what I'm talking about and the rest don't

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Unless you can determine the absolute truth all the time, there is no real way otherwise to do it.

Of course we don't allow FRAs based on flawed arguments, and a bunch of people spamming a wrong argument won't counter a non-debunked good argument.
Which is what I see

"I don't like people disagreeing with me when I feel I'm right"

That's what I get from what you write, honestly. If pretty much everyone (Including people knowledgeable) disagrees with you, then there is a pretty damn probable chance that you're wrong.

Like Wright said, it just feels like you're here to complain about people disagreeing with you.

I checked kep profile, and despite not knowing anything about a series, he said he will go send a quick FRA vote. See what I'm saying? And staff doesn't mean your opinion is more valid

Dragon Ariia said:
Except the experts disagree, I have a problem with disagreement if I feel like I know what I'm talking about and the rest don't
But, in the example I gave in my paragraph the expert was trying to upgrade the verse based off of one feat that was way stronger than anything else shown in the verse and is something that the verse doesn't even come close to normally. You make i sound like experts are incapable of bias. Haven't you considered that if someone is an expert on something then they probably like it a lot? And that since they like it a lot they might occasionally try to blow feats out of proportion? Or use outliers to upgrade the verse that they like? If things are decided by votes then community members can decide for themselves if an argumant for an upgrade makes sense or not and the experts might even end up getting a second opinion from someone else who's knowledgable with the verse. If we did things your way then the admins would be the only ones allowed to have any input on anything and the rest of us might as well not even be here.

Except, that's just one example. I'm a bleach expert and I considered high 6-A feat for kenpachi and those who scale ridiculous, so I'm not biased towards bleach, but I do know what I'm talking about

Dragon Ariia said:
Except, that's just one example. I'm a bleach expert and I considered high 6-A feat for kenpachi and those who scale ridiculous, so I'm not biased towards bleach, but I do know what I'm talking about
You know what you're talking about, huh? And that's why the other Bleach experts disagreed with you right?

The fact that you disagree with a feat doesn't make you immune to being bias.

If you have a problem with the Bleach Revisions, make a thread about said revisions. Don't make one just to complain about the site as a whole.

Dragon Ariia said:
They didn't. I saw naruto fans, and people that had limited knowledge disagreeing what are you talking about.?
So just because they disagreed with you means they are Naruto fans trying to downgrade Bleach huh? Whatever. I'm done with you. You're obviously bias and you accuse other people of bias when youd don;t get your way. If you don't like it go to a different site. We don't want you here anyway.

CRT threads are usually not decided via vote, pretty much because we don't want popularity and stuff to have too much of an influence there. FRA in CR threads have no influence on the result.

But in vs threads that is not practical. Since, different to other vs boards, we will list decided threads on the profile there needs to be a way to identify a thread as having made a decision on the winner.

General consensus can not be expected, because people have different opinions on how to factor in or evaluate certain aspects that leads to different conclusions. Often no matter how much you argue no side will be able to completly convince the other side.

So how do you make an decision which side has won, if no general consensus can be expected?

First option would be to have a judge, that goes in the vs threads reads which arguments where made and decides based on these. That is in practice not viable, because:

a) The man power necessary to do that is not available.

b) The judges themself will hardly be completly neutral.

The second option is a voting system. One can try to filter the votes, but since the system has to be objective to run without a judge, one can only apply basic criteria, like "Didn't give any reason for the vote".

So for simple practical reasons the decisions are made via vote.

That doesn't mean all threads have some great accurate decision, but it is the only thing that works at all.

That much to the main question. That aside people reaching different conclusions based on the same facts is normal. Nobody has a monopol on truth. One has to learn with people disagreeing with oneself.

So just because they disagreed with you means they are Naruto fans trying to downgrade Bleach huh? Whatever. I'm done with you. You're obviously bias and you accuse other people of bias when youd don;t get your way. If you don't like it go to a different site. We don't want you here anyway.

You got triggered over literally nothing

Dragon Ariia said:
You got triggered over literally nothing
I just don't like it when people complain just because someone disagrees with them. Sorry that I got hostile but seriously. Just throwing a hissy fit over people disagreeing with you is not something we tolorate here.

What? If I'm wrong I'm wrong, there has been times I was and I can see why. But for things I do know for sure I'm right about, like Yhwach almighty when I have statements and feats on my side and everyone else gave it weakness or abilities that wasn't shown then I have a right to complain lol.

...you do know how democracy works, right?

If everything has already been said, an FRA vote makes sense. It would clutter the thread to have to explain the reason every time.

Chartate101 said:
...you do know how democracy works, right?

If everything has already been said, an FRA vote makes sense. It would clutter the thread to have to explain the reason every time.
So much this.

People don't get that FRA simplifies everything instead of having the same points spammed 7+ times.

Y'all don't get the point. FRA is fine if good arguments are made. People can say FRA without knowing jack about a series. This is proven when kep says " I don't know anything about either series, but I can throw a quick FRA vote.

We use it because it is a very trustworthy wayvto judge it. For every wanker and downplayed, there are five people who either know what they are saying.

if they no nothing about either series, they are voting based on whichever side makes a better point. That's kinda how debate works my dude.

Chartate101 said:
if they no nothing about either series, they are voting based on whichever side makes a better point. That's kinda how debate works my dude.
If they don't know jack they don't know what is right what are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back