• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why were there 6300 edits yesterday?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

I wonder if anybody knows why there were 6300 edits listed yesterday? I do not think that this has ever happened before, and am worried that something serious may have happened.

Tmp 18205-IMG 20161027 053658 2276-654666990

It hope so, but that is 3 times as many as normal.

How were typos and grammatical errors revised? Was it some kind of automated script?

While there were definitely a considerable amount more edits yesterday than normal (as I was constantly checking the activity), I don't think it'd contribute to 6300 edits.

My guess is a glitch. And once again judging from my long time watching the wiki activity, it does not seem like anything bad happened at all.

Okay. I hope so. Although normally this would mean automated, scripted, hidden edits, and the Kav-Bot was not responsible, as far as I checked.

Yesterday, at 02:20 PM (Mountain Time) in the afternoon, there was a Wikia crash that briefly happened for a couple minutes. When this happened, none of the Wikia sites were accessible at that time, including community central. However, the Wikia was soon accessible after 5 to 10 minutes after the crash or so.

This was likely a glitch.

Okay. Thank you for the information.

Back