• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wolverine (FOX) Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is fine
But this isn't. Wolverine doesn't really have the skill feats or dodge consistency for this to work in my view.
I can vaguely see this as a possibly rating.
I mean, he already survived a nuke so I guess that's alright.
Wasn't she also holding back the entire time? I get it in a sense that it would be harder to dismantle, but I wouldn't take novel Jean scaling at face value.

But this isn't. Wolverine doesn't really have the skill feats or dodge consistency for this to work in my view.
Maybe just as a "possibly" clarifying that the statement comes from the novelization?
I can vaguely see this as a possibly rating.
Adaptation or Accelerated Development works better?
Wasn't she also holding back the entire time? I get it in a sense that it would be harder to dismantle, but I wouldn't take novel Jean scaling at face value.
Yes, though as the novelization states Jean was easily discorporating his skin but, while holding back, she was unable to do it with the Adamantium. Furthermore, it also states that it would take her time and will to fully deconstruct the Adamantium, unlike any other material which does so instantly. And that isn't contradicted during the movie, since we see how Jean discorporates Wolverine's skin but not the Adamantium. So a holding back Jean can't discorporate Adamantium, unlike anything else which does so instantly, and an unleashed Jean would take time and will to do so

Maybe just as a "possibly" clarifying that the statement comes from the novelization?
To me it seems to just be a novel outlier rather than a possible power. Wolverine just doesn't have anything to support it in my view.

Adaptation or Accelerated Development works better?
It would be reactive evolution, it's just that there's not a lot of supporting evidence for it. It just doesn't have anti-showings like auto reflexes would.

So a holding back Jean can't discorporate Adamantium, unlike anything else which does so instantly, and an unleashed Jean would take time and will to do so
I didn't have a problem with him getting the power, just that the wording should include Jean wasn't trying to kill him in that scene. So Wolverine shouldn't scale to Jean going all out.

Sorry I forgot about this thread
To me it seems to just be a novel outlier rather than a possible power. Wolverine just doesn't have anything to support it in my view.
Fair I guess
It would be reactive evolution, it's just that there's not a lot of supporting evidence for it. It just doesn't have anti-showings like auto reflexes would.
There should be no problem then? It isn't mentioned in the movies but it isn't contradicted by them either
I didn't have a problem with him getting the power, just that the wording should include Jean wasn't trying to kill him in that scene. So Wolverine shouldn't scale to Jean going all out.
Is it fine like this then?
Adamantium possesses the tightest molecular bond of any conceivable substance, which was partly what saved him from being discorporated like everything else by Jean Grey, though she was holding back and eventually he was going to be deconstructed with time and will
And would the resistance scale to the other characters with infused Adamantium (X-23, X-24 and Lady Deathstrike)?

There should be no problem then?
I'm fine with a possible rating, since it's from a novel with a vast array of high end statements for characters.
Is it fine like this then?
Sure
d would the resistance scale to the other characters with infused Adamantium (X-23, X-24 and Lady Deathstrike)?
Only for the original timeline imo. Cross timeline scaling is suspect imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back