• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm just not seeing it as speed, but Nate going into another temporal zone that Ares followed him to due to existing on every plane and every future.

Yea, but both moved there.

Also, that was never the explanation for Ares MOVING there, just going there/reaching said temporal zone

It did not seem presented like a speed feat back when I read the comicbook either.

I didn't even realize that it was a speed feat when after I read the comic, twice, but it doesn't matter how its presented, Writers don't try and say "Spiderman can destroy solar systems" when he staggers the hulk or anything like that (Not claiming 4-B Spiderman), I don't think we ever actually used that perspective to determine what's a feat ever before

I suppose, but I am not sure if the writer even intended to have it interpreted that way in this case.

It seems like Qawsedf and others (including myself) are doubtful if the feat was intended as speed rather than some form of dimensional travel.

Hykuu said:
I didn't even realize that it was a speed feat when after I read the comic, twice, but it doesn't matter how its presented, Writers don't try and say "Spiderman can destroy solar systems" when he staggers the hulk or anything like that (Not claiming 4-B Spiderman), I don't think we ever actually used that perspective to determine what's a feat ever before

I suppose that is a good point.

What do you think Qawsedf?

To me "outside of time", Ares "existing in every plane", Ares saying that he's hiding in time, and the fact he can see hundreds of alt-futures gives me the impression of time hax rather than speed.

Yes. That is true. So what should we do here then?

Okay, but I already said that, Ares ENTERING the temporal zone is done by his every plane stuff, but him and Nate MOVING in it is unrelated to that, nothing insinuates that at all in the scans.

Also, him hiding in time literally supports that they were within time, and not outside of it as a whole. Just a different time flow.

I'm just seeing it as X-Man entering a different time zone with his powers and Ares being able to enter the same zone due to his unique existence. Considering the same fight resulted in Marvel losing memories and stars being shifted they weren't in standard reality when the fight happened. I'm just not seeing this as speed, but as hax and hax resistance.

I am considerably more leaning towards agreeing with Qawsedf here.

So should we close his thread, or add some power to the X-Ma page?

"I'm just seeing it as X-Man entering a different time zone with his powers and Ares being able to enter the same zone due to his unique existence."

Again, just because they entered the time zone with these 2 abilities, doesn't inherently justify them being able to move within these zones, if it wasn't for their speed, and that's again, Because of Ares' nature those events happened, it's completely unrelated to the actual fight. Besides, we know the star shifting thing was false anyway, as Nate was still well and alive within Norman's body afterhand.

So again, I agree they can enter these zones with hax, sure, but them moving in it is a completely different thing, it's like if I enter a legitimate timeless void with my hax, let's say Ares follows me into it and we fight, regardless of his nature, and mine, we would still have infinite speed due to MOVING within the Void, not entering it.

To be honest, I have literally never seen these perspective applied ever in regards to any other speed feat, and It really doesn't match how we quantify speed.

Hykuu said:
To be honest, I have literally never seen these perspective applied ever in regards to any other speed feat, and It really doesn't match how we quantify speed.
That is basically how I feel regarding this feat itself. It seems too strange and undefined to scale properly from.

No, I am certain that we have never, ever cared about how a feat is portrayed by the writer, since its blatant appealing to authorial intent.

We do care about what is intended to a degree though, and in this case it is more about the way the feat was displayed.

We never actually appealed to what Is intended, otherwise WoG would be literally worshipped here, the feat was displayed as, Hey, Nate is a powerful telepath who can go to his own temporal zone, but wait! Ares is a god who exists in ALL planes, so he would enter there aswell!

Quite literally nothing about the scan references something on the lines of "Yo ares moved here cus hes a god", it only talks about accesibility of different constructs, not movement within these irregular realms.

Well, I am uncertain. We preferably need more staff input here.

I'm fine with other staff deciding on what happens

Besides, we know the star shifting thing was false anyway, as Nate was still well and alive within Norman's body afterhand.

What? The star thing was just about how a tribe was able to see and interpret the battle despite not being there. Nothing suggests that it didn't happen. The same page also has Nate being thrown through Carol's history which definitely isn't speed related.

No no, the thing about Ares winning was false, since we know Nate didn't actually die, yes it did happen.

Ares did win that fight, it's just that Nate survived and took over Norman's body. The next issue's summary even mentions thst he was overwhelmed by the Dark Avengers.

Nate had no reason to waste his time with Ares and it makes more sense to make everyone think he's dead when he actually took over Norman, also, Issue summaries tend to be faulty.

Okay. Feel free to ask a few to take part.

Back