• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Xenoblade 2 cast 2-A upgrade

The late game xenoblade cast members should be 2-A, at least almost all of them

This is for before chapter 9
Rex using Nia as a blade takes a sword hit from Malos who is actually trying, since he was bothered by her healing
Nia takes a hit from Malos after Malos was really annoyed by Nia's powers
Morag blocks an attack from Malos
This large Guldo is a threat to Rex as he wanted Pyra to use the Artifice to damage it, and felt the need to use Mythra and Foresight, and Zeke's lightning could harm it though this could probably be more of durability negation than AP

So Nia should be upgraded to 2-A, Morag should be 2-A, Zeke maybe is 2-A before chapter 9 and should get new keys for that.

Amalthus isn't harmed by an energy attack from Rex using Pneuma and Nia's blades
Nia survives a swipe from Amalthus
Morag and Brighid use their weapons to block strikes from Amalthus
Poppi overpowers one of Amalthus' tentacles
Amalthus' tentacles can harm Rex and injure Pneuma pretty bad. Morag and Brighid block more hits from Amalthus
Zeke and Pandoria survive Aion's laser, Dromarch does as well. As you can see, Rex and Pneuma felt the need to put up their barrier and even after seeing how strong these lasers are, Pneuma and Rex once again felt the need to use their barrier against these lasers
Tora's missiles can stagger Aion's tentacles

There is also the fact that in gameplay, all of them can survive attacks from Aion and Jin who might have been holding back but still using enough power to pose a threat to Pneuma, though i'm not sure if using that is valid since the cutscenes probably contradict it

The only ones in chapter 9 & 10 who doesn't have much evidence of scaling to Pneuma is Tora himself without weapons, and arguably Zeke and Pandoria's AP.

Also, 2-B should be removed, wtf is it even there for?

Last edited:
I agree. All of this is pretty straight forward and I’m surprise that this didn’t happen sooner

The late game xenoblade cast members should be 2-A, at least almost all of them

This is for before chapter 9
Rex using Nia as a blade takes a sword hit from Malos who is actually trying, since he was bothered by her healing
Nia takes a hit from Malos after Malos was really annoyed by Nia's powers
Morag blocks an attack from Malos
This large Guldo is a threat to Rex as he wanted Pyra to use the Artifice to damage it, and felt the need to use Mythra and Foresight, and Zeke's lightning could harm it though this could probably be more of durability negation than AP

So Nia should be upgraded to 2-A, Morag should be 2-A, Zeke maybe is 2-A before chapter 9 and should get new keys for that.

Amalthus isn't harmed by an energy attack from Rex using Pneuma and Nia's blades
Nia survives a swipe from Amalthus
Morag and Brighid use their weapons to block strikes from Amalthus
Poppi overpowers one of Amalthus' tentacles
Amalthus' tentacles can harm Rex and injure Pneuma pretty bad. Morag and Brighid block more hits from Amalthus
Zeke and Pandoria survive Aion's laser, Dromarch does as well. As you can see, Rex and Pneuma felt the need to put up their barrier and even after seeing how strong these lasers are, Pneuma and Rex once again felt the need to use their barrier against these lasers
Tora's missiles can stagger Aion's tentacles

There is also the fact that in gameplay, all of them can survive attacks from the Architect and Jin who might have been holding back but still using enough power to pose a threat to Pneuma, though i'm not sure if using that is valid since the cutscenes probably contradict it

The only ones in chapter 9 & 10 who doesn't have much evidence of scaling to Pneuma is Tora himself without weapons, and arguably Zeke and Pandoria's AP.

Also, 2-B should be removed, wtf is it even there for?
This was something I was going to tackle in the future (currently working on revamping the XB2 profiles, Rex is nowhere near done rn and is at 90k bytes).

I will point out stuff that is not actually true here though such as "can survive attacks from the Architect". They never fight the Architect at all, they talk to him but never fight him. The only one who tries take a jab at the Architect is Malos and he couldn't even touch him. Also do note that Malos at that point is not Tier 2 as we never actually see him fight Pneuma like Jin does (he kinda just vanishes when she shows up and only just monologues) and while an argument could be made there having visible confirmation like Jin.

This upgrade would help with consistently though as it would help elaborate how Nia suddenly got on the level to be taking on characters like Z alongside Melia.

As for the 2-B, you'd have to ask DDM about that. He was the one who got the upgrade so he'd have the most knowledge about that topic.

This was something I was going to tackle in the future (currently working on revamping the XB2 profiles, Rex is nowhere near done rn and is at 90k bytes).

I will point out stuff that is not actually true here though such as "can survive attacks from the Architect". They never fight the Architect at all, they talk to him but never fight him. The only one who tries take a jab at the Architect is Malos and he couldn't even touch him. Also do note that Malos at that point is not Tier 2 as we never actually see him fight Pneuma like Jin does (he kinda just vanishes when she shows up and only just monologues) and while an argument could be made there having visible confirmation like Jin.

This upgrade would help with consistently though as it would help elaborate how Nia suddenly got on the level to be taking on characters like Z alongside Melia.

As for the 2-B, you'd have to ask DDM about that. He was the one who got the upgrade so he'd have the most knowledge about that topic.
I meant to say Aion, not Architect. Malos stated that he had regained all of his Aegis powers at that point

Disagree
Malos isn't tier 2 at that point.
Same with Pyra and Mythra, only Pneuma is at that level.

Amalthus has Haze/Fan la Norn's power and is actively nerfing the entire party, including Pneuma. This same power brought Jin down to barely fightable to an earlier crew.

Aion stuff is the best tbh. But even then, it's really only Rex dealing damage it seems. The barriers of all the blades are also instantly destroyed.

Do you have any scans of the rest of the crew fighting Jin? That might give better options imo. I don't remember the fight that well, but if they have feats against the all out Jin they fight in Chapter 9, that could work.

Disagree
Malos isn't tier 2 at that point.
Same with Pyra and Mythra, only Pneuma is at that level.

Amalthus has Haze/Fan la Norn's power and is actively nerfing the entire party, including Pneuma. This same power brought Jin down to barely fightable to an earlier crew.

Aion stuff is the best tbh. But even then, it's really only Rex dealing damage it seems. The barriers of all the blades are also instantly destroyed.

Do you have any scans of the rest of the crew fighting Jin? That might give better options imo. I don't remember the fight that well, but if they have feats against the all out Jin they fight in Chapter 9, that could work.
Malos said he regained all of his aegis powers

Amalthus was no longer nerfing them, if he was they would have been immobilized

The other characters do sort of block hits from Aion in one of the cutscenes, and Tora does fight a Lvl. 70 Riki in the Land of Challenge, but the 2-A scaling isn’t quite as strong for 2 as it is 1.

We did have plans to add keys to everyone else given the upgrades for the XB1 cast and later consistency for Nia being equal to Melia and the XB3 cast later on. Though I don't think they receive them till the Final Boss specifically tbh. The existence of Jin and Amalthus initially made it blatant for Pneuma to be far above the rest of the cast, but they were contributive to the final fight against Artifice Aion and later some of them have other reasons to be on par with the God Tiers.

Well yeah he does, where was it shown that he was using it during that fight? No one was struggling to stand or use their powers like before unless ya want to say they suddenly gained a resistance.

Malos said he regained all of his aegis powers
Context matters, Malos stated this after getting his core fixed which granted him his old Monado and such back.

We did have plans to add keys to everyone else given the upgrades for the XB1 cast and later consistency for Nia being equal to Melia and the XB3 cast later on.
When didja discuss this? First I've heard ya mention ya had a plan for it.

When didja discuss this? First I've heard ya mention ya had a plan for it.
I mentioned it, and I vaguely recall you agreeing or at least considering it, but might have misremembered. I have work soon so cannot elaborate much. I do agree the Malos scaling parts do not hold up given Malos couldn't even scratch Architect even with full power, and it's still heavily implied a serious Jin is much stronger than Malos.

But end game cast fighting the Artifice Aion alongside Pneuma seems consistent. As for anyone questioning how or what event could cause them to grow so much stronger? I don't really have anything that could answer that since transferring the Conduit's power seems like something that would only effect Pyra/Mythra/Pneuma, but my best guess is if the illusions the Architect showed everyone was supposed to be like some kind of training for everyone. But still, Nia at bare minimum needs an XB3 key as part of the god tier scaling.

As for anyone questioning how or what event could cause them to grow so much stronger? I don't really have anything that could answer that since transferring the Conduit's power seems like something that would only effect Pyra/Mythra/Pneuma, but my best guess is if the illusions the Architect showed everyone was supposed to be like some kind of training for everyone. But still, Nia at bare minimum needs an XB3 key as part of the god tier scaling.
They must have used the power of the monado (the will to live on no matter what and protect people)

We are working on it, also, someone brought up a scan that might upgrade the cast to Low 1-C outright. Where it is at least 5-D with a possible 6-D. There was an interview on Future Connected about the Universes being part of a "Larger Space-Time created by Zanza".

We are working on it, also, someone brought up a scan that might upgrade the cast to Low 1-C outright. Where it is at least 5-D with a possible 6-D. There was an interview on Future Connected about the Universes being part of a "Larger Space-Time created by Zanza".
ah ok

Back