• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Your favorite verse against This Hard-To-Destroy Lizard

If that's so, then any character significantly stronger than him can easily incap him (assuming they have the AoE needed for it).

It looks like he steps on both Annabeth and Percy over and over and then they die. Maybe they can contest him physically, but do they have any hax?

Saikou The Lewd King said:
If that's so, then any character significantly stronger than him can easily incap him (assuming they have the AoE needed for it).
Assuming they have the destructive capacity for it, yes. Having a large enough AP just means you can physically harm him. He's too large for just being stabbed a few times.

The Wizard of Oz actually has mentions of a god that created the universe, but it's one of the vaguest things I've ever seen, as in, it's only mentioned in two lines on a spin-off book that takes place in the same universe.

Therefir said:
At the peak of her power, she created an area of several meters where everything that entered was rewound to non-existence, so she doesn't need to touch him.
He can shoot laser beams. Can those eventually reach her once she stops rewinding everything? How does she not fall to the center of the earth?

ProfessorLord said:
It looks like he steps on both Annabeth and Percy over and over and then they die. Maybe they can contest him physically, but do they have any hax?
First off, 22 Gigatons vs Baseline 5.

Yeah not looking too good, also, Celestial Bronze negates dura for monsters.

@DMUA they cut a tiny piece of skin from his foot off, good job. He proceeds to stomp on them over and over, a mountain sized leg crashing into them as they can't fight back.

I mean, Annabeth is capable of tanking the entire sky, and they have fought plenty of big monsters like Hydras.

and as it should always be asked, how was this beaten canonically?

yeah but hydras are like type 2 large size. building level at most

carnax is mountain sized. there is nothing to stab but his toe nail.

Well, if that doesn't work, Percy could probably just take the fight to the ocean where he has enough AOE and boosted AP to kill him.

Boosted AP is useless against a creature when all your boosted AP nets you is the ability to cut through their toenails like hot butter. He isn't hitting anything vital.

Except he has more then enough lifting strength to just say "no" and throw them off their feet.

He could also bring the ocean to the battlefield if he really ends up playing like that.

I'm talking about water blasts here, not swords.

That's not how lifting strength works. Percy weights 150lbs. Carnax weights 10^15 tons (based on average weight of a mountain).

It doesn't matter if he can stress his muscle fibers enough to support the weight of Carnax, he cannot physically activate them if he's being ragdolled into the floor over and over.

If he's stomping on Percy, then he has a surface to hold and shove off of him. The dude held up the sky.

ProfessorLord said:
He can shoot laser beams. Can those eventually reach her once she stops rewinding everything? How does she not fall to the center of the earth?
He does that in character? I thought he would try to step on Eri like you said.

Therefir said:
He does that in character? I thought he would try to step on Eri like you said.
Yes. If you are beside his leg, he will stomp on you. If you are near his upper-chest, he resorts to using his laser beams.

It's not too far fetched for him to use it at a distance though. He stomps on Eri and a bit of his arm gets erased. He shoots her with lasers until she gives up and dies.

Apparently lifting strength does not allow you to lift things.
I mean, you can start a revision on this. You simply can't lift an object if it severely outweighs you to the point where it can ragdoll you, so long as that objecting is repeatedly ragdolling you.

Read the actual lifting page, it already defines lifting as a slow strenous movement. How are you going to squat the giant mountain leg that is hitting you over and over?

Theres no exact reference or visual for me to see how he's lifting the sky, I'm probably being misled here. That or it's PIS.

Either way, you cannot squat down and lift the giant leg that is crashing into your frame over and over.

"Start a revision"

So I need to do a CRT just to prove that lifting strength feats are a thing? Because according to you, things that are human-sized can't lift anything heavier than them.

Also, what you quote is simply stating that it is not Striking Strength.

ProfessorLord said:
It's not too far fetched for him to use it at a distance though. He stomps on Eri and a bit of his arm gets erased. He shoots her with lasers until she gives up and dies.
Actually when Monster Chisaki tried to attack Eri and Deku, not only his arm was rewinded, but all his body too, despite not being in the rewind area.

"Start a revision"
So I need to do a CRT just to prove that lifting strength feats are a thing? Because according to you, things that are human-sized can't lift anything heavier than them.

Also, what you quote is simply stating that it is not Striking Strength.
Yes, because your idea of lifting is more akin to striking.

Have something on the floor. Squat down and pick it up, then rise back to normal position.

Lets suppose you have the strength to lift a mountain, how are you going to get in position to do so when all it does is smash you into the floor?

ProfessorLord said:
Theres no exact reference or visual for me to see how he's lifting the sky, I'm probably being misled here. That or it's PIS.
Can't exactly get the exact quote, but, the idea is that Annabeth gets pulled from holding it for a few days, so in order to have the earth not get wiped out, Percy rushes in and prepares to hold the sky. He sinks into the ground a bit as it crashes, and is strained, but he holds it long enough for Atlas to be thrown back under it.

IE, thing crashes down, Percy holds it, then gets out once the dude's back in.

Lifting strength isn't just limited to what you're saying. If something comes crashing down on you, then you're able to lift it with your lifting strength. That's just how it works. Being big isn't an unstoppable verse-soloing power, y'know.

That reminds me that in real life it would be impossible to lift a car even with superhuman strength, since your arms would start going through the metal of the car.

Umm... no?

That's not what lifting is. What you're describing is called catching.

The large difference is that catching involves reducing the momentum of one object to zero. Lifting involves increasing the momentum of one object for a brief period of time in order to strain muscles, before dropping back down to zero.

But as it turns out, Mountian Sized lizards who are immune to death are not something that happens in real life

I hope

What you can catch =/= what you can lift.

You can curl 40lbs, okay. But if I threw a 40lb dumbell at you, it would deck you.

Yeah cool

he caught the sky as it was crashing into the earth.

He blaintly caught it. If he didn't catch it, the earth would have been flattened.

Back