• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh Card Effects and Fun Stuff 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we should keep them as seperate as possible. Splitting the tiering discussion won't end well, especxially with GX and DM being as interconnected as they are.

Yeah, he is the strongest duelist and has the strongest deck.

That puts him above all GX Villians up to that point.

Or what, are the others not "dueslists" now?

not at all what is being said.

im saying yugi is the strongest because of skill (which wouldnt determine ap) his deck's inclusion of the god cards. to say otherwise literally ignores that jaden states before that the decks aura is strong exploctly because of the gods.

Strongest means strongest.

Find me a sub that says 'Saikyou" means "Most skilled".

Sorry, but, you are wrong. This is based on AP.

unless youre about to say yugi can beat yubel or the darkness in a 1 on 1 no decks or abilities brawl fight, it is clearly and obviously refering to skill / deck

Well, if Yubel's world merging truly isnt tier 2, then yeah, Yugi's deck would beat them no issue by scaling.

I thinn you are misunderstanding me. Yugi in base isnt going to punch someone to death. If he were to duel Yubel or the Darkness he would win by statements alone.

then i think you misunderstand me too, yugi's deck is the strongest thanks to the egyptian gods as shown by the fact that gx yugi explictly tells him that he will duel the strongest deck and duelist, with the difference between decks in this eyears being that he now lacks the egyptian gods and the fact that jaden specifically says the decks aura is incredible because of the gods

@Data

Bump.

While I won't neccessarily argue for or against the Tier 2 stuff.... At least until I rewatch the duel to confirm it's legitimacy:

Saying Yugi is incredible "just" because of his God Cards was... In all intent and purposes a bit of a understatement:

- Judai was scared of Little Yugi's strength after seeing his aura, even noted by Yubel during the duel before it even got started.

- Yubel then once again stated that Little Yugi was incredible strong for being able to perceive and be aware of her presence, saying something like " So, this is the strength of the King of Games ? Impressive " . Again, before sensing his Deck and before the Duel started. Keep in mind the only one who was able to do that post-Yubel fusion was Darkness & Spirits comparable to Darkness' Aspects.

- Yubel was alarmed by Yami Yugi period... Not the God Cards.

Just want to get a specific elephant out of the room: IF GX gets upgraded to Tier 3 .... It will basically affect everyone sans ZEXAL and ARC-V due to Bonds Beyond Time . It's because a Post-Season 4 Judai was treated as ridiculously weaker than Base Stardust, which would allow nearly anyone comparable or stronger to S1 Signers to be promptly upgraded [As Base Stardust doesn't get stronger over time] .

I also need to rewatch BBT. If i'm not mistaken Base Stardust Dragon had a Tier 2 feat or something... Like supposedly without his existence the entire timeline was being warped out of existence and fading into nothingness .

Again, i'm not saying Yugi isn't an incredible duelist or lacks a powerful aura or anything. That part of Jaden's comment holds weight. I'm saying that Jaden saying "strongest deck" after saying that the deck's aura is powerful because of the three egyptian god cards is a pretty heavy implication that for the most part, it is the god cards that are most powerful in his deck.

To summarize since this apparently seems necessary. I'm talking about the strongest deck part, not at all in regards to Yugi himself.

Yudai, who faced all of the evildoers on GX says Yugi has the strongest deck out of them all, and that he is the strongest duelist of them all.

Its pretty obvious and clear cut to me.

Dang it Vsbattles didn't notify me someone replied:

I don't necessarily disagree that he was saying it was because of the God Cards. In-Fact, that plus what Yami Yugi said during the End of the Duel makes it pretty much implied that it's the Strongest Deck because of the Gods. But he's the strongest duelist due to Yugi's Soul, Yami Yugi's strength, then the Egyptian God Cards. I'm just arguing it wasn't just "one" part of it that makes him the strongest.

Since it's pretty clear all three of us are somewhat on the same page, should we perhaps discuss these so-called tier 3 feats ?

@Rapid, yes it is clear. Yugi's deck with the inclusion of the Egyptian God cards is the strongest.

@2nd Seed ye, I'm just arguing we shouldn't scale the entirity of his deck to the previous villians.

I have doubts about this these tier 3 feats, but go ahead.

Thanks we finally agree on that. So, since "Yugi's deck with the inclusion of the Egyptian God cards is the strongest." can we have GX Yugi be as as strong as Judai´s strongest enemy up to that point as his AP, and Low 2-C as a "With hax"?

-

Which Tier 3 feats? The DM hax about Knight of Destiny and Infinite Obelisk?

I gotta watch GX Season 4 subbed one of these days, this description on 4chan "DARKNESS mind***** the entire planet to the point where everyone gives up their individuality and is erased from history and only Judai is left." and the picture on the right are giving me a good feeling about this.

Oh yeah, kaiba is still missing a profile.

I dont wanna dig into that that deep yet because we cannot get along in the issue that he would just be 9-B if he doesnt have a memory world form.

A- We've always agreed on that, I just disagree with scaling every single card in Yugi's deck to it.

B-That's not even GX Yugi. Time travel remember?

C- Where does low 2-C come from? We already discussed how the low 2-C timeline creation feat is a gross misinterpertation of what happened.

A.- Yugi´s deck is general is the strongest thanks to the Gods. Yeah, i think we got that right.

B.- Yugi´s GX deck was the one who created the alternate space for him to duel Jaden. Unlike popular relief, Jaden did not travel to the past, the place they are in was created for Jaden to duel Yugi on his prime, as he stated "This is a special place made just for Yugi and me" and the fact that Time wasnt moving at all, which would be a decent enough reason to see Yugi and Jaden have infnite speed. But that is another can of worms.

C.- GX yugi created a realm with its on time and separate space just for Jaden to duel Yugi, it is clearly shown on the sans ive provided above and the fight itself in general.

B- All you just said was debunked and I think I say this without issue, but giving infinite speed under those circumstances is sheer wank. inb4 infinite speed wind because we literally see a gust of wind in this "timeline". or homura akemi.

C- And in the video we show we the full context clearly shows all your scans was just Jaden's speculation and gets debunked within the scene as well.

Ye, I agree with the Joey example, we shouldn't scale power levels lineraly just because one beats the other.

B.- How was that debunked? Please tell me in which thread my arguments were contradicted.

Sheer wank? i dont know what came out of the infinite speed thread mayhem you guys did a couple of weeks ago, so thats why i said we should discuss that stuff later.

Doesnt change the fact that Yugi and Jaden dueled in a place where there is no time.

C.-Debunked how? Where has anything in that scene said that Jaden is wrong about that place being specially made for him and Yugi?

Somewhat. It would mean that Yugi didnt do shit like destiny draw against Joey, since GX does say that Yugi is the strongest, with Jaden not really caring about losing or winning, not to mention its his friend. Not to mention that if Yugi wanted to, he could have killed Joey with Ra just like Marik did.

I just threw that comparison in not to complement your argument, but to show that this is not as simple as downgrading everyone to 9.-B like Kaiba. If anything, Joey and Kaiba should be 5-A by scaling to a bare mininum for all duelist to face each other.

They were debunked in the videos linked in the previous effect thread. Even with the lighter rules regarding infinite speed that is wank. Again, Homura Akemi example here or literally any time stopper.

"where there is no time" You say as one of the videos posted shows a gust move a piece of paper.

You mean other than the fact that Yugi's grandpa was there?... Or that even Jaden doesn't definitely know, with it being just a guess?

Ok, now I know you're joking. By this scaling, even the low-tiers like Weevil would become 5-A via scaling to Joey, who already on his own merits shouldn't be 5-A given his monsters are still holograms.

Yeah, but time isnt moving on the clock. Like i said, i dont know what the infinite speed rules are, so i cannot just claim they have infinite speed for sure.

---

That doesnt explain all of the other people leaving the area, time stopping, and Time paradoxing with Winged Kuriboh.

If anything, its a past Yugi, taken from between Season 3 and Season 5 and put into that "special place" for him to fight Jaden.

---

Im not joking.

Seriously, its almost like you instantly go for the scenario that makes you think they would be the weakest possible. If you are saying that they do not scale to each other, BUT, that they are able to DUEL each other, means that everyone should have a comparable base to each other.

So, yeah, i think you have to decide what your argument is.

Are some duelist stronger to each other or is everyone equal beause they can duel each other?

I think that some duelists are indeed stronger than others and there should be tiers for the verse saying how some characters win over others, but yeah, i think i will have to ask you to explain yourself.

We don't see the clock again if I remember correctly.

There was a time paradox? We literally hear Yugi saying good bye to his grandpa.

That would still be speculation.

I would say its the reverse for you. You're literally arguing for infinite speed yugi and jaden. I think you're ignoring the very obvious fact that the monsters only become real in a dark game and other certain exceptions, which clearly is not the case here. And if anything, you're only proving how "inconsistent" (At this point, it just seems like game mechanics are just game mecahnics) the ap, with things like Joey surviving Ra and so does Marik's step-brother. Unless you are legitmately saying Joey is strong enough to fight an egyptian god, I don't think this is a good point.

No, you do. You keep calling everything an "inconsistency" and ignore context, such as the time travel.

Or. Maybe. AP. Doesn't. Directly. Scale. When. Monsters. Aren't. In. A. Dark. Game.

1.- I meant that Yugi hasnt seen Winged Kuriboh up to that point.

2.-Im saying i dont know if it would count as infinite speed for Yugi and Jaden because i dont know the infinite speed guidelines.

It would be time stop resistance just like Jotaro at the very least.

3.-You just said you agreed with the joey statment, and ill have to quote you on that one "Ye, I agree with the Joey example, we shouldn't scale power levels lineraly just because one beats the other."

So, what is exaxctly your argument again? Because i think you contradicted yourself.

Are there stronger duelist than others or not?

If yes, Yugi is stronger than anything GX villians have done up to that point.

If not, every single duelist has the potential to fight god cards and thus, should scale to them in a dark game, they just cannot start them, thats all.

1. And?...

2. Even if time stopped, if it stopped for them (like you're implying with it being a special place) then it wouldn't give them a resistance.

An oversimplification of the situation doesn't lend creedence to your argument.

Which you contradict by the way, as both yes and no lead to your terrible scaling argument of things like Yugi to Joey, who would scale to the standard duelist anyways.

1. Time Paradox, even if it is a minor one.

2.- If time stops specially for you, it means time didnt stop? I dont getcha.

Situation? You yourself said that you agreed on Joey being able to fight Yugi.

Now, please do explain to the thread why did you agree to that.

Yeah no. I've read a bit of this and I'm agreeing 100% with SD.

Infinite speed on this point, even if by the pure assumption that time wasn't moving, is literally the ONLY time these 2 fight in a place where there is no time and nowhere else. That is inconsistent and outlierish by an extremely big margin. If dozens of other characters, who have more infinite speed feats than Yugi and Jaden on a bad day, dont get upgraded because of outliers these 2 arent getting a free pass either.

Im also in disagreement with Yugi making a tier 2 space-time but i'll have to explain why later. Just came to say im completely against infinite speed for any of these guys whatsoever.

I'm not sure how there being a time paradox helps prove anything?

Or, perhaps, if time stops for you, you weren't supposed to be affected. Again, Homura example or literally any time stopper.

Because Joey should be able to fight Yugi in a duel? Like how a little kid beat Bandit Keith, ap isn't involved here. This isn't a memory world duel or dark game or anything.

@Prof the low 2-C timeline thing has already been debunked so don't even worry about it.

Rapid: The characters' own dialogue refer to it as Time Travel, IIRC.

The only affirmation of time being stopped is Jaden's speculatory dialogue after Yugi observes no one in the streets -at roughly 9 AM- & Judai sees the clock at that exact time.

It's speculatory because everything else in that duel involves the duelists or the duel, & the background scenery is static; Buildings & the like.

AFTER that speculatory dialogue, there's nothing to back up Jaden's assumption. We don't see the clock again.

Furthermore, it's highly suggested to be time travel since it's confirmed to be 3 years ago & the paper shows news of Yugi having won Battle City. Not to mention he still has the Millennium Puzzle, which was gone after the Ceremonial Duel. The Yugi who Jaden meant before getting sent to "Domino City" for their duel DIDN'T have a Millennium Puzzle.

So there's good reason there's reason to believe it's time travel.

It's also more in line with typical MI powers to make illusions, like with Dark Games, which are illusions a lot, especially in the manga.

If IT is a created timeline -as opposed to time travel with time stop- backed in, it's questionable if it's 2-C or even 3-A.

If we assume that timeline was created, we have to know what's in it.

The fact that the wind that blew the paper existed in it suggested time does move in it, as does reporting on past events -Yugi winning Battle City- Yugi saying goodbye to his grandpa as he leaves the game shop, & Yugi claiming to have dreamed last night.

So what's in this timeline?

A small portion of Domino City, a blue sky, & assuming Yugi had his dream at night, a day night cycle, suggesting at least a sun, possibly a solar system. We never see any stars, nor do we actually see a sun in the sky, though.

If it was made, there's little confirmation it actually IS an entire universe's worth of matter that was created. Not enough to be 2-C.

And either way, it's still more suggested to be time travel+time stop via dialogue.

Not only that, it's a very brief timeline, since it ends when Neos attacks Slifer, & then Jaden ends up in a desert somewhere, suggesting he was transported.

And finally, it's weird to assume Yugi performed the feat in the first place, or was even entirely responsible. Winged Kuriboh, a duel spirit with actual power in the series lead Jaden there.

Yugi revealed he'd given Jaden a 3 year test to see if he was worthy of owning Winged Kuriboh, then said to hold Winged Kuriboh's card over some cards in Yugi's deck. WK's glows, then Jaden is transported.

Now, which is more likely to have magical power? A duel spirit that lead Jaden to where this happened, whom the King of Games knows of & figures you need such a huge test to be worthy of, the card of which glowed, suggesting involvement of it in the feat....

Or a guy without his Millennium Puzzle? I'd side with WK.

And it still wouldn't match up with the powers MI have shown before. Most don't create timelines/time-spaces/universes. The closest is the Memory/Millennium World & that required Atem's memories, Bakura's Millennium Ring, the Egypt board he built, the Millennium Puzzle AND Zorc, who's stronger than the Egyptian Gods!

The MP doing anything on that scale on its own -especially after the time of the Ceremonial Duel- is highly questionable, & IT'S NOT EVEN THERE FOR THE FEAT.

Also, none of the cards shown among Yugi's "deck" when the feat is performed even include Slifer, nor any other Egyptian God, despite including several of Yugi's notable cards. Despite Slifer being super symbolic & important to this. So Yugi's deck would also be performing a feat well above any of what the other cards did without even having an Egyptian God.

And no he doesn't have reason to have the EGs at the time because they fell into a chasm after the Ceremonial Duel.

Yeah nvm. My bad.

Imaginym pretty much took the words out of my mouth for why its much better assumed to be time travel then creating a space, which definitely doesn't have any evidence of being a universal space-time other than...well...being called a space-time more or less. If that was nearly enough, Kaguya Otsutsuki wouldve been 2-C a very long time ago. And we all know why thats not a thing.

To add on to Imaginyms point, Yugi (the one who still has the millenium puzzle) mentioned something about how his Kuriboh card told him in a dream that a strong duelist (Jaden) would be coming forth to challenge him. If Yugi created the space instead of time traveling Jaden there, why would little Yugi and Kuriboh not recognize them? Surely Yugi wouldnt have been stupid enough to make a clone of himself to not even know of the duelist he specifically set up to duel against. Furthermore, this Yugi still had Atem and the 3 god cards. In atems case, hes no longer here since after Dsod he went back to the afterlife and specifically took the millenium puzzle with him so that he can never return to the living world again. If we assumed Adult Yugi made a space-time for Jaden, that would mean Yugi either summoned the Millenium puzzle and Atem from the afterlife or made clones of them, which neither option makes any sense and has any bearing to support them. And for the god cards? Same thing. They dont exist anymore via being in the afterlife and no one can call them back (unless you use PIS like Kaiba did), so Yugi suddenly making clones of them is extremely unlikely.

Finally, even if this was a feat, and was one involving AP instead of hax, this would absolutely be a prep-only feat. Yugi specifically waited 3 years for Jaden to come and required him to place his deck over Yugis in order to get things started. Thats prep and very much outside help.

Therefore, unless theres something else, this isnt a feat nor a space-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back