• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh Content Revisions Steamrolling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I don't mind the scaling to sacred beasts atm since you dropped card effects point.
You got me wrong what i meant is that card effects in the yugioh anime works differently than the real world and i don't have time to go into that route i still think that whatever can be quantified in the card effects should be used

Phoenix mode is part of the chant's weird nature. Season 5 also shows Phoenix Mode doesn't have its abilities (Sacrifice 1000 LP to summon, destroy all monsters on the field, etc) so I would chalk it up to how the chant is kinda a mixture.

Well, the rules of one universe aren't the same as another. Especially if we take multiverse theory to be true, which thanks to the previous thread, we do.

I think it's not added since it's very specific and often not combat applicable
Don't care about the LP cost since alot of characters can ignore game mechanics and it's not first it happened , the name of the attack is the same in both the card effect and in the anime they ram into the monsters burning them from the inside out that's enough for me

Just Because the yugioh works on the multiverse theory doesn't mean that we assume it has random laws by default especially when we are given an explanation about why the monsters are real

Wow you really wanna explain everything that's not the cards sure here we go
No space time manip is absolutely combat applicable blue eyes and zorc affected the real world while they are in another dimension judai and his friends can just Open a hole between space time to rescue johan and true man being able to break the dimensional wall Because of the massive energy
2- we have how monsters that can absorp energy from people electricity emotions etc why wasn't that there
3- we have monsters becoming stronger with bond why don't all monsters have reactive power level
4-we have monsters growing bigger when they get amps why don't they have limited size manip
5-we have monsters being able to use shadow games if they have enough energy why don't they have the applications of shadow games
6-monsters can possess humans why don't they have that?
7-duel energy can nullify monster abilities why don't they have that
8-duel energy can be forced onto people thus destroying their willpower as shown by yubel making the sacred beasts her servants
9-duel energy can Influence draws why don't they have that
10-some monsters can mindhax people yet they don't have that in the card text like honest

I could go on and on

Last edited:
So what needs to be done here currently?

Okay. If you write an explanation post, I can ask other members for input.

SomebodyData will be gone until December this year though.

You need to write an explanation post regarding what they need to evaluate first.

Sorry about being absent, but I managed to find the scans showing that Yubel would have taken Jaden into a different dimension for the 2-C feat at least.
IMG_20220117_214951.jpg

IMG_20220117_215004.jpg

This should conclude the durability part of the 2-C debate and we already concluded the AP and scaling parts at the beginning of the thread, this should result in Yubel with Prep being the only 2-C from the original three series.

Sorry about being absent, but I managed to find the scans showing that Yubel would have taken Jaden into a different dimension for the 2-C feat at least.
IMG_20220117_214951.jpg

IMG_20220117_215004.jpg

This should conclude the durability part of the 2-C debate and we already concluded the AP and scaling parts at the beginning of the thread, this should result in Yubel with Prep being the only 2-C from the original three series.
We went over this the event of her taking judai to the a new dimension is an event that's going to happen after the fusion and explosion since they're gonna be all alone it's the whole creating a new world thing and yubel's entire motivation

to be honest i'm getting tired of always waiting for SD to respond for weeks said thread being stonewalled
so i'm gonna try to continue the thread and move on until SD comes back and makes a thread or something

all we need to do is figure out the game mechanics stuff
since the jizno stuff is mostly done except some of his power tying into game mechanics
and yubel scaling stuff were concluded in previsous threads and so please don't bring up these points unless you bring up something new

After reading through the entire thread (a little skimming here and there), I mostly agree with Zencha.

Although I am slightly lost on the game mechanics argument. I mean if they show an ability inside the game, I don't see why it needs to be excluded. Or did I misunderstand something along the way?

Did we agree on downgrading Jinzo?
I legit forgot what we agreed on here because God knows DT drags this for ages

After reading through the entire thread (a little skimming here and there), I mostly agree with Zencha.

Although I am slightly lost on the game mechanics argument. I mean if they show an ability inside the game, I don't see why it needs to be excluded. Or did I misunderstand something along the way?
well yeah they show the abilities in game but there are some stuff that are consistent/ make sense what am defending is things like reducing damage to zero in game being listed as hax like for example one of yubel's traps reduces damage and she describes them as a demonic roses that feed on pain
gonna give the scans in a bit since shitty internet
no really since electricity scales to duel energy

Can somebody explain the purpose of this thread, and what needs to be evaluated here, please?

Also, @SomebodyData , your further help would be appreciated here.

Can somebody explain the purpose of this thread, and what needs to be evaluated here, please?

Also, @SomebodyData , your further help would be appreciated here.
I literally stated that in my 2nd post this day
So im gonna say it again
What needs to be evaluated is how we treat some aspects of game mechanics since we accept visual effects if said character can make games real via shadow games or other means

That is not an elaborate enough explanation for those who no longer remember this thread or are new to it. Sorry.

Can we just go with what Zencha proposes since SomebodyData just isn't responding after several weeks?
We can't just wait for them forever

btw i am pretty much done with yubel i just need a to make a crt to add jesse's deck and and separate yubel's profile into 3 keys marcel, jesse and true yubel

Can we just go with what Zencha proposes since SomebodyData just isn't responding after several weeks?
We can't just wait for them forever
See above. I cannot just blindly accept something that I no longer remember well.

Again, I'll have to say sorry for the delay. It's my final semester at university so I've got more pressing matters outside of the site these days.. However, now we should be waiting on Zencha's scans, not me.

We went over this the event of her taking judai to the a new dimension is an event that's going to happen after the fusion and explosion since they're gonna be all alone it's the whole creating a new world thing and yubel's entire motivation

If I remember correctly, you didn't provide proof of Yubel saying that she would create the dimension afterward, or even that Yubel / Jaden was going to be at the core of the explosion. You also still haven't explained why Jaden and Yubel are clearly shown affected by Super Poly in the end when they fuse but somehow should still be above it.

We were waiting initially for me to refind the scans, but now the ball should be in your park.

You're right, we already agreed or compromised on most of the revisions, heck, Jinzo has been updated already for a while. Not sure what's up with card effects or Jinzo coming back up after it seems we all agreed early on.

Out of the 4 problems with the 2-C feat; scaling, prep, and AP have already been laid to rest. Right now we're just talking about durability.

I understand why people feel tired with my continued absence and how dragged on this thread is, but I should probably remind everyone we've only got, one thing to work out left. And at this point, it's just to make the profiles not look weird. (Ie Yubel 2-C with prep but has 2-C durability regularly).

If I remember correctly, you didn't provide proof of Yubel saying that she would create the dimension afterward, or even that Yubel / Jaden was going to be at the core of the explosion. You also still haven't explained why Jaden and Yubel are clearly shown affected by Super Poly in the end when they fuse but somehow should still be above it.

We were waiting initially for me to refind the scans, but now the ball should be in your park.
we're dealing with a 2-C explosion her being at the core of it doesn't really matter as long as she can tank it but even then the lasers ae literally coming out of her body thus she would be at the center of it
the reason why i assume that is because yubel was going to destroy the 12 dimension as we established in the previous thread it isn't an overtime thing she activated super poly and was going to fuse the universes if not for judai's trap so how does her taking judai to another dimension make any type of sense ? that statement was earlier than her getting angry at judai and wanting to destroy everything and super poly was going to destroy everything and yet she didn't move to take judai or anything it simply doesn't make sense
and to further support my claim tag force literally says that the explosion would create a new world which is the world yubel was talking about earlier
i don't understand your point about super poly affecting judai and yubel

Poly is usually just in the middle of the air, not wherever the source of the beams is. When Jaden redirected Super Poly, we actively see that they fuse in the middle of the arena instead.
Why would you use a non-canon video game as evidence?

My point about super poly affecting jaden and yubel is just that, super poly fused them, remember? How are they simultaneously above Super Poly yet affected by it?

Poly is usually just in the middle of the air, not wherever the source of the beams is. When Jaden redirected Super Poly, we actively see that they fuse in the middle of the arena instead.
Why would you use a non-canon video game as evidence?

My point about super poly affecting jaden and yubel is just that, super poly fused them, remember? How are they simultaneously above Super Poly yet affected by it?
i actually have no idea what you're talking about tell me what's the point you're trying to say here
because your interpretation doesn't make sense and because it retells the story and talks about stuff that wasn't ansewred clearly in the og anime so i used it as supporting evidence
how are they above super poly i want to understand

i actually have no idea what you're talking about tell me what's the point you're trying to say here
because your interpretation doesn't make sense and because it retells the story and talks about stuff that wasn't answered clearly in the og anime so i used it as supporting evidence
how are they above super poly i want to understand

You said that Yubel is the center of the explosion because... lasers came out of her. I pointed out that fusion usually just happens midair and not, like, the source of the lasers.

If you need the game to fill in your inconsistencies, that tells me you probably shouldn't be trying to argue this point.

I don't understand? You've been adamant that they are above super poly, that's the entire purpose of scaling it to them.

Also, don't let this distract anyone from the scans needed to end this debate:

"If I remember correctly, you didn't provide proof of Yubel saying that she would create the dimension afterward, or even that Yubel / Jaden was going to be at the core of the explosion. You also still haven't explained why Jaden and Yubel are clearly shown affected by Super Poly in the end when they fuse but somehow should still be above it."

While my absence has dragged this debate for a long time, it's only because this hasn't been provided still.

Again this has been dragged for ages so I don't even remember what this CRT was for

It was a three-parter about Jinzo, card effects on Yubel's page being used as actual abilities, and whether the 2-C feat actually scales outside of super poly.

We've already concluded the first two parts (Jinzo was kinda an upgrade/compromise, card effects are a no-no), and now are discussing the 2-C feat. It seems most agreed on the issues with the feat's scaling, as an actual AP feat, and how it is only done with prep; so now the discussion is whether we actually know if they would tank the super poly explosion.

Wait, so this revision is to downgrade them from the current 2-C rating?
If I remember correctly, there was a quite big revision to downgrade them, in which many staff member particapated, and it was agreed that the 2-C rating was valid.
If this revision is made to downgrade them, than I think it should be remade when everyone have more time to debate. At the moment, the thread is extremely confusing because of the pauses, and to change a rating that was agreed by most of the users, including many staff members, there should be a more ordinate and clear CRT, with a comparable participation.

Wait, so this revision is to downgrade them from the current 2-C rating?
If I remember correctly, there was a quite big revision to downgrade them, in which many staff member particapated, and it was agreed that the 2-C rating was valid.
If this revision is made to downgrade them, than I think it should be remade when everyone have more time to debate. At the moment, the thread is extremely confusing because of the pauses, and to change a rating that was agreed by most of the users, including many staff members, there should be a more ordinate and clear CRT, with a comparable participation.

This thread is more about the scaling / actual usability of the 2-C feat + a few other things. The thread you're probably thinking of has already been concluded.

We could remake the thread I guess, though most of the og points have already been agreed/compromised on. And it'd look kinda weird if the we revise the scaling / prep parts stuff but keep the durability at 2-C.

You said that Yubel is the center of the explosion because... lasers came out of her. I pointed out that fusion usually just happens midair and not, like, the source of the
When fusing 2 beings not universes
"If I remember correctly, you didn't provide proof of Yubel saying that she would create the dimension afterward, or even that Yubel / Jaden was going to be at the core of the explosion. You also still haven't explained why Jaden and Yubel are clearly shown affected by Super Poly in the end when they fuse but somehow should still be above it.
again this staement happened eralier the in ep(8:11) before yubel changes her mind and gets mad(12:29) and she quite literally states that it's over once she activate super poly so again i ask you how does your interpretation make any kind of sense? since the fusion would happen immediately
don't know what to answer since i don't even know what you mean by judai being above super poly like ap wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back