• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh Content Revisions Steamrolling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah Because they weren't there when jaden/judai told Sho that he's not gonna kill himself hence them not believeing in sho and thinking judge/jaden died they weren't there they lack knowledge thus it's pretty much invalid

No it does not because the whole fused jaden isn't a thing at that point so you can't even claim that jaden would regenerate the only thing protecting jaden was yubel's aura

(can't give scans for both cases since im in collage atm but i'll post them as soon as i get home)

Again, Jaden literally dies even before the explosion. Jaden kinda broke that promise when he decided to merge his soul with Yubel's, hence why that's invalid. Not the other way around.

The point of my response was to note you don't have anything that specifically says they would survive the 2-C explosion as LordGriffin asked for.

Again, Jaden literally dies even before the explosion. Jaden kinda broke that promise when he decided to merge his soul with Yubel's, hence why that's invalid. Not the other way around.

The point of my response was to note you don't have anything that specifically says they would survive the 2-C explosion as LordGriffin asked for.
You still have yet to prove that he died though the only thing you got is literally a title of an epsiode that literally has question marks in it
And characters who have no idea what happened to him that contradict what he said

Well, I don't think that Yubel and Jaiden died in the explosion, since there isn't really anything to go by besides the name of the episode which seems to be based from the perspective of the characters that don't know what happened and presume him dead. Right before the explosion we see them turn into light and shoot up, in the same way the other characters did, so we can assume they teleported as well.

However, since the 2-C explosion didn't happen, and the scans shown of Yubel saying that she and Jaiden would live, seem unsatisfactory to me, since Yubel never really say anything like that there. So I don't think 2-C scaling based on a presumed survival of an explosion that could've happened is warranted here.

I don't know if there are other points for 2-C though. Since I joined the thread this seems to be the main point of contention.

I am fine if you don't think it's enough but there's some other stuff that might make scaling to 2-C more believeable
Though im in class now so i'll ask you to wait a little longer until my next post

Thank you for helping out, Ogbunabali and Elizhaa.

anyways there's a couple of things to why i think yubel should scale

1. her seemingly absorbing super poly alongside the 12 cards and creating energy lasers from her body that was going to fuse the 12 dimensions + her body housing the energy as seen in this video we know it's her energy cuz it appeared a couple of times in yellow form ( 1 , 2 , 3 )
  2. she should scale to super poly just like the how duelists scale to their cards for example honest says that emotions amp monsters as seen in this video it also shows monster amping humans too and this is nothing new it's a consistent thing across the franchise as seen in these scans ( 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 ) and added some scans that show that spells and traps have energy too (the 3rd one and 6th one) since i know some guys would get sceptical and assume that it's monster only when in reality they're talking about ALL cards not just monsters and there's also the fact that she would scale to the super fusion god as the monster that was going to be summon with the power of super poly + the 12 dimensions and thus scales above it since it's a consistent thing that fusion is stronger than their materials and that even SD agrees to

1. her seemingly absorbing super poly alongside the 12 cards and creating energy lasers from her body that was going to fuse the 12 dimensions + her body housing the energy as seen in this video we know it's her energy cuz it appeared a couple of times in yellow form ( 1 , 2 , 3 )
  2. she should scale to super poly just like the how duelists scale to their cards for example honest says that emotions amp monsters as seen in this video it also shows monster amping humans too and this is nothing new it's a consistent thing across the franchise as seen in these scans ( 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 ) and added some scans that show that spells and traps have energy too (the 3rd one and 6th one) since i know some guys would get sceptical and assume that it's monster only when in reality they're talking about ALL cards not just monsters and there's also the fact that she would scale to the super fusion god as the monster that was going to be summon with the power of super poly + the 12 dimensions and thus scales above it since it's a consistent thing that fusion is stronger than their materials and that even SD agrees to
1. That seems like speculation
2. Super Poly is only 2-C because of prep with the whole absorbing souls things, and under normal circumstances wouldn't be 2-C. Like we see immediately after when it produces an explosion that's probably a lot of tiers smaller.

Also that bolded part- if you agreed then why didn't you tell Confluator and who just kept believing otherwise?

her seemingly absorbing super poly alongside the 12 cards and creating energy lasers from her body that was going to fuse the 12 dimensions + her body housing the energy as seen in this video we know it's her energy cuz it appeared a couple of times in yellow form ( 1 , 2 , 3 )
Which episode is this from?

I kind of don't know what I'm supposed to be seeing in the clip, I'd rather just watch the episode for context.

@Ogbunabali
my bad old imgur forgot to link the ep
GX EP 155 min 17:07

@SomebodyData
1-*absorbing evil energy from souls, this is the 10th time i've said this the fusion that was gonna yeet the 12 dimensions didn't happen it was a new fusion a new activation i'm not gonna keep repeating myself f you have evidence that it's the same fusion then bring it otherwise i'll keep ignoring you for not understanding how the game work
2-we literally see the cards get absorbed into her and the super poly disappears from her right hand after she does that so it's fair to assume that super poly is the same as the others and the mist doesn't disspear until the fusion is done which supports her absorbing the fusion

my bad
@Confluctor most fusions should be stronger than the materials (the things being fused) but there are cases when it's not

Well I watched the episode and if I understand correctly, Yubel used the Super Fusion card on the dragon monster in the background, and it was going to fuse with the universes (or monsters it was kinda unclear), but Judai uses a trap card instead to fuse their souls instead.

I don't exactly understand why that would scale to 2-C?

Thanks again for helping out. It is very appreciated.

Well I watched the episode and if I understand correctly, Yubel used the Super Fusion card on the dragon monster in the background, and it was going to fuse with the universes (or monsters it was kinda unclear), but Judai uses a trap card instead to fuse their souls instead.

The explanation, IIRC, is she planned to fuse the 12 Universes, to make them all one. This fusion, would in fact, destroy said universes, & she & others knew this. The reason Yubel wants to do it, is, in her twisted "love" for Jaden, merging all the universes & destroying them into nothing would let her have Jaden all to herself for eternity, at least, as she saw it.

Or something like that. Sorry if my summary isn't exactly ideal.

Also, I don't remember the exact episode, but pretty sure the only "Dragon"-like monster Yubel has is in fact, a form of Yubel herself. Yubel's 3rd form. Yes, she can literally summon herself, command herself to attack, & there are in fact 3 forms of the Yubel card. (& IIRC, she does experience what her summoned/card form does, to some extent, but I don't exactly recall all the nuances about how that works.)

As for why Yubel was using Super Polymerization on herself, IIRC, it was an unsuccessful attempt to summon Super Fusion God, which, somewhat thematically fittingly of a Fusion that would destroy all 12 Universes/Dimensions, requires 1 monster for each Level from 1 through 12 as part of its summoning requirements; Yubel's form being a material, AFAIK, was, aside from thematics, just for having all the levels.

Super Polymerization being an incredibly powerful & dangerous card, & its use for this is kind of a plot point in the season; At least 1 or 2 other villains in the season wanted or tried to use it. but I don't recall if they planned to use it to fuse & destroy universes themselves.

Hope my explanation(s) & efforts aren't too poor, & are helpful, or at least, can be appreciated.

The explanation, IIRC, is she planned to fuse the 12 Universes, to make them all one. This fusion, would in fact, destroy said universes, & she & others knew this. The reason Yubel wants to do it, is, in her twisted "love" for Jaden, merging all the universes & destroying them into nothing would let her have Jaden all to herself for eternity, at least, as she saw it.

Or something like that. Sorry if my summary isn't exactly ideal.

Also, I don't remember the exact episode, but pretty sure the only "Dragon"-like monster Yubel has is in fact, a form of Yubel herself. Yubel's 3rd form. Yes, she can literally summon herself, command herself to attack, & there are in fact 3 forms of the Yubel card. (& IIRC, she does experience what her summoned/card form does, to some extent, but I don't exactly recall all the nuances about how that works.)

As for why Yubel was using Super Polymerization on herself, IIRC, it was an unsuccessful attempt to summon Super Fusion God, which, somewhat thematically fittingly of a Fusion that would destroy all 12 Universes/Dimensions, requires 1 monster for each Level from 1 through 12 as part of its summoning requirements; Yubel's form being a material, AFAIK, was, aside from thematics, just for having all the levels.

Super Polymerization being an incredibly powerful & dangerous card, & its use for this is kind of a plot point in the season; At least 1 or 2 other villains in the season wanted or tried to use it. but I don't recall if they planned to use it to fuse & destroy universes themselves.

Hope my explanation(s) & efforts aren't too poor, & are helpful, or at least, can be appreciated.
I do get all that, however I don't see how that makes Yubel 2-C. I agree that the hypothetical Super Fusion God would've been 2-C, but nothing in that episode indicated that Yubel themselves were 2-C before that point.

bear with me for a little the thread is almost done and i want it to end
the dragon monster is her copy she even calls it her avatar it's on her profile
and the whole cards empowering their users and user empowering cards which you didn't give you thoughts on

I do get all that, however I don't see how that makes Yubel 2-C. I agree that the hypothetical Super Fusion God would've been 2-C, but nothing in that episode indicated that Yubel themselves were 2-C before that point.
I'm not entirely sure about that myself. But if I may attempt to guess at what some of the relevant arguments presented so far are about this, I'd quote these

1-*absorbing evil energy from souls, this is the 10th time i've said this the fusion that was gonna yeet the 12 dimensions didn't happen it was a new fusion a new activation i'm not gonna keep repeating myself f you have evidence that it's the same fusion then bring it otherwise i'll keep ignoring you for not understanding how the game work
2-we literally see the cards get absorbed into her and the super poly disappears from her right hand after she does that so it's fair to assume that super poly is the same as the others and the mist doesn't disspear until the fusion is done which supports her absorbing the fusion

my bad
@Confluctor most fusions should be stronger than the materials (the things being fused) but there are cases when it's not
I'd assume this reasoning may be part of the debate you're inquiring about, @Ogbunabali ?

and the whole cards empowering their users and user empowering cards which you didn't give you thoughts on
That's fine, but that's obviously not something that you can use in a vacuum. In that specific clip it was talking about the emotional bond between Neos and Judai, and I remember enough of GX to know that their bond is something extremely special and not just that any card can empower any user or something.

That's fine, but that's obviously not something that you can use in a vacuum. In that specific clip it was talking about the emotional bond between Neos and Judai, and I remember enough of GX to know that their bond is something extremely special and not just that any card can empower any user or something.
well yeah some are stonger than others but for example bandit king bakura has an insane amount of hate due to egypt killing his home
but the others like every human has one even random thieves as i linked and darkness stated that it's the work of all mankind and it's the reason why they're gonna die which they do , in the 5d's show in z-one's humanity basically corrupts ener-d which is a machine that works on people's hearts and on duel monster synchro monsters especially making ener-d go faster
and there's cubra's tournament where he gives a Death-Belt that yeets people's energy to make yubel regen and there's yubel taking energy from the darkness in some random people's hearts people in duel academy

i can give you the scans but that will take a little bit
but the others like every human has one even random thieves as i linked
and darkness stated that it's the work of all mankind and it's the reason why they're gonna die which they do , in the 5d's show in z-one's humanity basically corrupts ener-d which is a machine that works on people's hearts and on duel monster synchro monsters especially making ener-d go faster
Scans?
Also, it feels weird, linking Zorc's statement to something that happens in 5D's, because since when has Zorc had knowledge of the future, & why would we interpret a statement given in a separate part of the franchise as related to something from another part of the franchise long after the statement was made?

To put it another way, why would we use a character's statement from the original Duel Monsters series, to support something from 5D's? Something in 5D's long after Duel Monsters happened? & which Zorc & other Duel Monsters characters & the people who made DM, likely knew nothing about because it was a 5D's event?
and there's cubra's tournament where he gives a Death-Belt that yeets people's energy to make yubel regen and there's yubel taking energy from the darkness in some random people's hearts people in duel academy
Cubra? Death-Belt?
....I think something like that happened, but I don't recall it very well. Must've missed that part of GX.

Scans?
Also, it feels weird, linking Zorc's statement to something that happens in 5D's, because since when has Zorc had knowledge of the future, & why would we interpret a statement given in a separate part of the franchise as related to something from another part of the franchise long after the statement was made?

To put it another way, why would we use a character's statement from the original Duel Monsters series, to support something from 5D's? Something in 5D's long after Duel Monsters happened? & which Zorc & other Duel Monsters characters & the people who made DM, likely knew nothing about because it was a 5D's event?
darkness as in the final bad guy in gx
also because it's the same story ? it uses the same themes concepts etc for example the orichalcos was used in gx as one of jim's eyes shadow games are used the exact same way in every series etc there's no actual reason to ignore it

darkness as in the final bad guy in gx
Oh okay. So we're using a GX character's statement as evidence they had knowledge of events in 5D's?
also because it's the same story ? it uses the same themes concepts etc for example the orichalcos was used in gx as one of jim's eyes shadow games are used the exact same way in every series etc there's no actual reason to ignore it
Just because they use similar thematics doesn't mean they're the same course of events.
Even if they share a timeline & thematics, why should that give a connection between Darkness & events in 5D's?

Also, I'm pretty sure Jim's eye wasn't Orichalcos. The old man calls it orichalcum & says it was created, & Orichalcos was in a meteor shower from Leviathan or such, IIRC.
& even if Jim's eye IS made from stone with the power of the Orichalcos (Despite that Leviathan is dead & gone so the stone having no power doesn't make much sense.), why would that say there's a connection between Darkness (GX) & 5D's?
There's connections between Duel Monsters & GX, sure, they literally have characters interact, but other than time travel shenanigans in 1 movie, there's far less connection between GX & 5D's, & Darkness isn't involved in the connections BBT sets up.

So I don't see why we should associate Darkness's claims in GX with events in 5D's. I'd think we need proof that more specifically shows Darkness is referring to 5D's or such.

Oh okay. So we're using a GX character's statement as evidence they had knowledge of events in 5D's?

Just because they use similar thematics doesn't mean they're the same course of events.
Even if they share a timeline & thematics, why should that give a connection between Darkness & events in 5D's?

Also, I'm pretty sure Jim's eye wasn't Orichalcos. The old man calls it orichalcum & says it was created, & Orichalcos was in a meteor shower from Leviathan or such, IIRC.
& even if Jim's eye IS made from stone with the power of the Orichalcos (Despite that Leviathan is dead & gone so the stone having no power doesn't make much sense.), why would that say there's a connection between Darkness (GX) & 5D's?
There's connections between Duel Monsters & GX, sure, they literally have characters interact, but other than time travel shenanigans in 1 movie, there's far less connection between GX & 5D's, & Darkness isn't involved in the connections BBT sets up.

So I don't see why we should associate Darkness's claims in GX with events in 5D's. I'd think we need proof that more specifically shows Darkness is referring to 5D's or such.
"the age where duel monsters and spirits used to live together" basiaclly atlantis since spirits ****** off after the war, also the stones don't get their power from the leviathan and even if they do him being dead doesn't matter since he was dead at the start of the doma arc

please stop

"the age where duel monsters and spirits used to live together"
Where is this quote from?
basiaclly atlantis since spirits ****** off after the war, also the stones don't get their power from the leviathan and even if they do him being dead doesn't matter since he was dead at the start of the doma arc
Where do the stones get their power from, then?
Who is that in the first scan? The speaker, & whoever's depicted, I mean.

I am sorry I'm bothering you, but I feel concerned about these matters nonetheless.

well yeah some are stonger than others but for example bandit king bakura has an insane amount of hate due to egypt killing his home
but the others like every human has one even random thieves as i linked and darkness stated that it's the work of all mankind and it's the reason why they're gonna die which they do , in the 5d's show in z-one's humanity basically corrupts ener-d which is a machine that works on people's hearts and on duel monster synchro monsters especially making ener-d go faster
anyways **** the ener-d point i don't remember 5d's that well but i've seen someday i'll find it
anyways here's thr cobra stuff ( 1 , 2 )
literally random bandits ( 1 , 2 )
random children + majority of the population + darkness saying that duel monsters is what reflects the heart ( 1 ) which is consistent with kas and the rest of the shows also keep in fact that darkness isn't just hatred it can be weakness like askua thinking that she might not be a worthy teacher
@Ogbunabali

Thanks for the clarification on that matter.
probably earth or from humans since most energy comes from their emotion
Are there no sources on that matter?
anyways **** the ener-d point i don't remember 5d's that well but i've seen someday i'll find it
anyways here's thr cobra stuff ( 1 , 2 )
literally random bandits ( 1 , 2 )
random children + majority of the population + darkness saying that duel monsters is what reflects the heart ( 1 ) which is consistent with kas and the rest of the shows also keep in fact that darkness isn't just hatred it can be weakness like askua thinking that she might not be a worthy teacher
@Ogbunabali
Are the contents of this post anything to do with the emotions = energy point?

Do you have any opinion on the matters that have recently been brought up?

@SomebodyData

my bad

1 - And I have to tell you for the 10th time, that all Jaden did was retarget the fusion. You literally provided the evidence for me earlier, and even said the same thing I'm saying:

"the new explosion is the result of jaden redirecting the fusion from fusing the 12 dimensions to fusing his and yubel's souls ( scans 1 , 2 ) the yellow aura is the lasers that was going to fuse the 12 dimensions and it was nullified by jaden's trap"
2 - Again, speculation. Also, not actually evidence that they are 2-C normally either since you're arguing she became 2-C by absorbing the card, so I'm not sure what the point here even is.

1 - And I have to tell you for the 10th time, that all Jaden did was retarget the fusion. You literally provided the evidence for me earlier, and even said the same thing I'm saying:
That doesn't matter since anime rules new activation new fusion if it was 100% accurate to the card game then the 12 dimensions wouldn't be affected in the first place and judai waiting is pretty much illegal it's the zane situation
2 - Again, speculation. Also, not actually evidence that they are 2-C normally either since you're arguing she became 2-C by absorbing the card, so I'm not sure what the point here even is.
Yeah just noticed that it's Because yubel is a part of the material
edit: this just to prove that yubel would 100% be at the center of the explosion also a neat thing that she can abrosb cards and their energy into herself

Last edited:
Thank you for helping out Ogbunabali. Is SomebodyData's revision accepted here then?

It would help if somebody writes a list of the other staff members who have helped out in this thread previously, so I can confirm.

@Antvasima

those who agree with me:
@KingTempest
@Confluctor
@Ogbunabali (agrees with my interpretation on the whole thing but is iffy on the scaling because he thinks the connection neos and judai have is special meanwhile yubel's connection with super poly is not and i'm explaining to him why every duelists has connection with their cards he hasn't given his thoughts yet on my latest post
@Elizhaa agrees with @Ogbunabali

those who agree with @SomebodyData:
none

If I'm understanding this correctly, there's 2 parts for this.

Part 1 is that Super Fusion got "absorbed" by the dragon Yubel so it scales to 2-C. And part 2 is that cards (in this case Super Fusion) scale to their users.

Now the problem that I'm having with these two is that, first, why would we assume that the Super Fusion card got absorbed by the dragon? It doesn't really make sense to me, and not how cards function in general throughout the series from what I can recall (granted it's been close to a decade since I last watched YuGiOh). Yubel just used Super Fusion on the dragon, I don't understand why we would jump to the conclusion that it somehow absorbed the card.

And the second part of the cards scaling to their users seems like a leap too. The only time where the energy and bond, and whatever, happened between cards and their uses were in direct cases when that specific card had emotional value to the user. Random cards scaling to their users is very demonstrably just not true, because, pretty much, every single person in the YuGiOh verse uses cards, and they're very obviously just regular humans at the end of the day. The argument that "random bandits" also isn't very strong because this was back in the Egypt days, when "cards" didn't even exists, and the monsters there were directly tied to the soul/emotion to their master. Even in the scans provided the bandit's emotions were so strong that it physically manifested the monster from his soul, which wasn't what was happening with Yubel.

And I don't see why we would circle this back to Yubel scaling to Super Fusion's effect.

Now the problem that I'm having with these two is that, first, why would we assume that the Super Fusion card got absorbed by the dragon? It doesn't really make sense to me, and not how cards function in general throughout the series from what I can recall (granted it's been close to a decade since I last watched YuGiOh). Yubel just used Super Fusion on the dragon, I don't understand why we would jump to the conclusion that it somehow absorbed the card.
yea i left that point once i realized that the dragon was gonna get fused now it's just proof the she would get affected by the explosion
And the second part of the cards scaling to their users seems like a leap too. The only time where the energy and bond, and whatever, happened between cards and their uses were in direct cases when that specific card had emotional value to the user. Random cards scaling to their users is very demonstrably just not true, because, pretty much, every single person in the YuGiOh verse uses cards, and they're very obviously just regular humans at the end of the day. The argument that "random bandits" also isn't very strong because this was back in the Egypt days, when "cards" didn't even exists, and the monsters there were directly tied to the soul/emotion to their master. Even in the scans provided the bandit's emotions were so strong that it physically manifested the monster from his soul, which wasn't what was happening with Yubel.
i mean i could argue that super poly should be connected since it's the card that was made by yubel "killing" jaden's friends and the cardthat will make her with jaden forever but i don't think you'll buy that so gloss over it
i mean yeah they're regular humans sure it's just that they have strong energy that cannot be manifest except with cards because as darkness stated they mirror human souls for example the zane vs jesse duel both are normal humans (sure jesse can see spirits buit can't do anything superhuman) and they needed jesse and zane to make billions of energy in an insant zane and jesse cannot exert such a force by themselves like they can't just charge and punch with the even half the force of that but they can do it via duel monsters via dueling that's why dueling is such a big thing because it's as explained duelists amps monsters and monsters amp duelists to that point, and just to nail that human minds are overpowered they are the things that made zorc have infinite energy anf this is not hyperbolic since he does state it multiple times that all of humanity gives him power and ever since he showed up he was never shown to be tired and just as an extra bit to make you feel absolutely sure humans created the spirit world which is at very minimum Low 2-C

also cards not existing back in egypt that's simpy not true since the creation of the universe began with "duel monsters" and darkness verbatim states and shows that "duel monsters" are the "kas" in egypt by showing pegasus recreating kas and legends into cards
also no monster don't need to be tied to their souls for example diabound is a random ka born from kul elna's massacre and has nothing to do with bakura yet bakura amps him so ******* hard he becomes god level

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back