• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh GX the 12 dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Now stayed to be separate three times
  • Each of the Main Dimensions covered in the Yubel Arc actually had an Starry sky.
  • They are called Universes.
The assumption I'd that we need all of them to be universe sized for this to be legit. Not really. We only need one to two instances to get an upgrade to Tier 2. And if it's a Starry Sky, called a Universe, and is stayed to have separate space-times... Whelp.

If we use the game version... It is quite literally exactly what Yubel says, and does, but we treat that one as 'Tier 2' somehow yet ignore the fact that is copied and pasted directly from what Yubel does in S4.

Someone getting petty now?

And your wrong. Otherwise, things like Kaguya's dimensions or the ROSAT, a planetary sized space-time, would count as universes. And we both know their stories.
Pocket dimensions vs not pocket dimensions.

Also no, i'm not saying they're universes. I'm saying they're space-times. Universes are just assumed to be in space-times till proven otherwise.

Please don't discuss scaling Because it will turn into alot of stuff that isn't the main propose of this thread

Pocket dimensions vs not pocket dimensions.

Also no, i'm not saying they're universes. I'm saying they're space-times. Universes are just assumed to be in space-times till proven otherwise.
I know what you meant dude and thats why I named those examples. Kaguyas especially. We don't tend to assume "space-time" = universal since a space-time can be any size.

I will discuss Super Polymerization on a later date, but yes it is scalable , just not to S3 Judai. It is to the one that fights Nightshroud.

Again we'll discuss scaling after we agree on it's tier and such.

I wasn't completely sold on the different universes and their scale, and doing some research, I started to think that instead of having 12 distinctive dimensions, there was really just two: the mundane world and the duel spirit world, though based on the argument that only one universe needs to meet the criteria and that even we presume that there is only those two universes, they both meet the requirements, I support this upgrade. (If there are dimensions separate from either the mundane world or duel spirit world, it only supports it further and so I don't need to delve back into GX to try to untangle this Gordian Knot.)

@Leotamer there's a scan of darkness saying that there's multiple worlds (sekai) inside the spirit world so it makes sense
vote counted

• Satorious stating he'd survive alongside the Light of Destruction
  • Satorious stating he'd immediately destroy the Cosmology upon Judai losing [not just the Earth as many believed]
  • Sacred Beasts are described as the most powerful card created even after the Super Polymerization's introduction in S3.
  • Statements that the Light of Destruction would remake the Cosmology heavily implying it would survive it's Destruction
  • The Light of Destruction and Gentle Darkness constantly fighting would remake the Cosmology , they'd survive it and continue in a continuous cycle
  • Nightshroud being stated as above every threat in the series combined yet viewed Yubel and Judai [who aren't that superior to their S3 Counterparts] as an threat requiring them to be split apart to take down, and as soon as they join back they best him pretty hard.

All of this, together, is at bare minimum Universal. Higher can most likely be debated.

Zencha

Like I've mentioned before, it really doesn't matter whether Neo Space is part of the 12 dimensions or not (Which it is, as Yubel's misdeeds was causing the 12 to enter the physical universe and Neo Space was stated to also be becoming more physical). What matters is the fact that in GX, universe can mean pocket dimension too like Neo Space.

Going back to the ice dimension part, you're right, my bad. Though then the World of Darkness would be the 12th, wouldn't it?

Alonik

Can you verify your Yubel translations are accurate? Because I intend to use them as major points.

"Twelve-dimensioned universe" Would indicate the 12 dimensions literally are in the universe, which is what Neo Space showed is possible (Even if you don't believe its one of the dimensions itself).

"i'll fill all the twelve universes that exists in different dimensions with me love for you, Judai."

If its geometrical, this would upgrade Yubel to tier 1 but is completely contradicted by the fact that regular humans can also live in these dimensions. If its spatial, it would entail the universes really are smaller than 'dimensions' ie actual universes. But it would give Yubel 2-C range, I guess.

Considering in GX talked about mentioning M-Theory, and Yugioh original has mentioned higher-dimensions and theories pertaining to them meaning they are aware of it... And then ZEXAL makes it really clear the company itself are aware of higher-dimensions... Oh god.

First we need to find out if it is Geometrical.

Like I've mentioned before, it really doesn't matter whether Neo Space is part of the 12 dimensions or not (Which it is, as Yubel's misdeeds was causing the 12 to enter the physical universe and Neo Space was stated to also be becoming more physical). What matters is the fact that in GX, universe can mean pocket dimension too like Neo Space.

Going back to the ice dimension part, you're right, my bad. Though then the World of Darkness would be the 12th, wouldn't it?
That has nothing to do with yubel, it's the gentle darkness's waves is what makes monsters physical
You need proof of the dimensions being compared to neos space for that claim to hold
Also gravekeeper and neo space aren't spatially separated and thus them being one of the 12 dimensions makes no sense
It wouldn't Because the dimension darkness took over is the waking the dragons dimension

By default for being earthlike, the yugioh dimension starts as a 4d space time. There are three spatial dimensions of length, width and height with the additional non-spatial dimension of time. There is a statement that there is a "space between spaces.", this clear states that the dimension has an additional spatial dimension. Now, we discussed the earlier radar image and I brought up that a map can display a projection of a space of higher dimension, however there is another way to interpret it: that could also be a map of the space between spaces, and since it is clearly a 2d map, that would mean that there is at least additional spatial dimensions, though this isn't confirmed.

So the yugioh GX cosmology is at least a 5d space time, possibly a 6d space time. It could also be higher, though I don't have any evidence to support it.

Ummmm what?
20210518_104401.jpg

I just want the 12 dimensions to be universal in size as the show implied

Let's just stay on topic. Anyway, what are the current summarised stances?

By default for being earthlike, the yugioh dimension starts as a 4d space time. There are three spatial dimensions of length, width and height with the additional non-spatial dimension of time. There is a statement that there is a "space between spaces.", this clear states that the dimension has an additional spatial dimension. Now, we discussed the earlier radar image and I brought up that a map can display a projection of a space of higher dimension, however there is another way to interpret it: that could also be a map of the space between spaces, and since it is clearly a 2d map, that would mean that there is at least additional spatial dimensions, though this isn't confirmed.

So the yugioh GX cosmology is at least a 5d space time, possibly a 6d space time. It could also be higher, though I don't have any evidence to support it.
From Tiering System page
Note 1:

Due to the fact that the distance between any given number of universes embedded in higher-dimensional / higher-order spaces is currently unknowable, it is impossible to quantify the numerical gap between each one of the subtiers in Tier 2. As such, it is not allowed to upgrade such a character based solely on multipliers. For example, someone twice as strong as a Low 2-C character would still be Low 2-C, and someone infinitely more powerful than a 2-C would not be 2-A.
Speed page.
Note 7
........And the distance between two timelines is defined as the 5th dimension (Or a 4th spatial dimension) that separates two or more universes.........

Space between spaces.

😶👀

Let's just stay on topic. Anyway, what are the current summarised stances?
Currently almost everyone agrees that neo space isn't a part of the 12 dimensions and thus shouldnt be used as an argument
Unless SomebodyData has any responds

The Translation confirms they aren't as they say Neos Space was an imaginary world created and linked solely due to Judai. Meaning Tier 2 is much more likely. However, in light of this, new evidence suggests it may not be Tier 2, but Tier 1. Statements about it being M-Theory, the way Dimensions are described in Yubel's translation. Now, just need to get Waking Dragons Translation of the Spirit World and how it is described... If it's similar to Yubel's translation it's consistent.

The Translation confirms they aren't as they say Neos Space was an imaginary world created and linked solely due to Judai. Meaning Tier 2 is much more likely. However, in light of this, new evidence suggests it may not be Tier 2, but Tier 1. Statements about it being M-Theory, the way Dimensions are described in Yubel's translation. Now, just need to get Waking Dragons Translation of the Spirit World and how it is described... If it's similar to Yubel's translation it's consistent.
Well when honest talks about darkness eating dimensions they show the same dimension that was shown in waking the dragons
Though im not sure about tier 1 i'll wait for someone knowledgeable

Damn, this is giving me flashbacks to the one time Azathoth supported YuGiOh lol

Zencha

I'm not refering to the monsters becoming physical, I'm refering to what 2nd Seed mentioned way earlier. The dimensions that Yubel was affecting were already becoming one with the main universe. Neo Space too was becoming one, which would explain why its physically orbiting Jupiter. And thus, Neo Space would have to be one of the 12 universes.

Actually, Aqua Dolphin also stated Neo Space was separate (ep 62, shortly after 21:00) so that's not a problem.

Yet Aqua Dolphin stated Darkness' battlefield was our universe. In order for what you said to be accurate, Waking the Dragons dimension would have to be like Neo Space too.

...Oh no. Before talking about dimensions in Waking of Dragons, they refer to the concepts of 3-D and 4-D very explicitly in Waking of the Dragons. Whelp.

Also, again, the Neos Space is imaginary, and created by Judai and linked by Judai. This is confirmed on the translation above. So by this logic, since they stated the dimensions was created at the same time after the Creation of the universe, it wasn't one of the original created twelve dimensions.

Damn, this is giving me flashbacks to the one time Azathoth supported YuGiOh lol

Zencha

I'm not refering to the monsters becoming physical, I'm refering to what 2nd Seed mentioned way earlier. The dimensions that Yubel was affecting were already becoming one with the main universe. Neo Space too was becoming one, which would explain why its physically orbiting Jupiter. And thus, Neo Space would have to be one of the 12 universes.

Actually, Aqua Dolphin also stated Neo Space was separate (ep 62, shortly after 21:00) so that's not a problem.

Yet Aqua Dolphin stated Darkness' battlefield was our universe. In order for what you said to be accurate, Waking the Dragons dimension would have to be like Neo Space too.
I would like scan of these since they're pretty important
Anyways that contradicts the radar showing us how the dimensions are still separate

I mean darkness says that he's the other half of the main universe so???

I already linked the episodes and the times, but yeah, give me til tomorrow.

The radar shows they're separate, but not temporarily separate, just regular separate. For example if they were each a planet or like neo space, it would be portrayed the same.

Ye, that furthers my point, if he's the other side of the universe, how is he eating the other dimensions? Its solved by the other dimensions being part of the universe.

I already linked the episodes and the times, but yeah, give me til tomorrow.

The radar shows they're separate, but not temporarily separate, just regular separate. For example if they were each a planet or like neo space, it would be portrayed the same.

Ye, that furthers my point, if he's the other side of the universe, how is he eating the other dimensions? Its solved by the other dimensions being part of the universe.
Sure
That's an assumptions on your part also like comments said above neo space is an imaginary world made by jaden it wasn't always there so that might as well deny it being one of the 12 dimensions
Dimensional travel? Alot of monsters have it and like i said above the dimensions are stated to be separated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back