• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zeref vs Ainz Ooal Gown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burning Full Fingers said:
Hmm, doesn't Ainz have better hax?
Did you see his list? I think so yeah, his death spells can kill characters resistant to death spells.

Zeref is large island so stomp mostly beacuse in overlord's verse it was shown hax works only if the opponent is on a lower tier which means he cant kill Zeref with anything he showed up until now.

WilliamShadow said:
Zeref is large island so stomp mostly beacuse in overlord's verse it was shown hax works only if the opponent is on a lower tier which means he cant kill Zeref with anything he showed up until now.
the goal of all life is death this spell delays other instant death typr spells for 12 seconds, but allows them to ignore any types of resistance - even invalid

which includes Zeref so he finaly got his wish

12 seconds of time against a Large island AP with almost no durabilty to physical attacks since he is weak without his armor physically and he must be in his normal form to use it.

Plus Zeref can just kill him before he finishes his spell with death magic that ignores durabilty. This is a stomp in so many ways.

1.)He literally has thousands of spells to stop Vampire's strikes with Divine class Armour on, Plus he's a lich, meaning, if going by conventional Liches, he has a phylactery, making him immortal. Also, his 12 second cast time can be instantly shortened by the cash shop Item, The Hour Glass, and the Goal of all life is death spell was only used to expand the spell range of the spell and make sure that Shalltear couldn't defend from it, he can still use Banshee's scream to one shot, anyone, also because Zeref has a body, Boom! Heart Crush, insta-dead, he wants to fight hand to hand, Ainz Ooal Gown will use the Perfect Warrior spell to change all his states to that of a warrior, making him a literal perfect warrior. Also, we haven't seen Ainz use his Divine tier items like the Staff of Ainz Ooal Gown, Which can summon Lvl 80+ Beings to Ainz's side this combined with the fact that we know Ainz has his Wish spell and Wish ring, being able to critically harm anyone with it and possibly kill them as we don't know how far the Wish can go in terms of damage. Then the almost infinite spells he has, most of which we have not seen, his World Class items, again which we haven't seen may of, Any Divine class spells, Thanatos the Grim Reaper, one of this minions he can summon. Overall Ainz destroys in this match up.

Zeref for reason above

Mostly because of this "zeref is large island so stomp mostly beacuse in overlord's verse it was shown hax works only if the opponent is on a lower tier which means he cant kill Zeref with anything he showed up until now."

Omega998 said:
Zeref for reason above
Mostly because of this "zeref is large island so stomp mostly beacuse in overlord's verse it was shown hax works only if the opponent is on a lower tier which means he cant kill Zeref with anything he showed up until now."
Hax in overlord works fine against being of Ainz level and the only way to resist TGOALIS is by using ressurection spells it kills immortals and even non living things.Unless Zeref is once a player of Yggdrasil and he have skills that Yggrasil players have once they reached a certain level I don't see why Ainz skills won't work on him

Ainz can possibly Reality Warp with Wish Upon A Star, Black Hole, he have a World Class Item that allows him to create a pocket dimension that he can control etc

Ainz high diff. High diff not because he'll find the fight to be challenging or anything, high diff because he'll have to bring in the big guns. Why won't he find it hard? Undead Racial Trait: Instant Death Invalid. That's 1 for Ainz. Next, both have timestop but Ainz has counter to it ever since he was level 70, (+his timestop is better). So timestop here is useless. Ainz has the advantage in mobility since he has Delay Teleportation. In case Zeref chooses to summon, Ainz has Greater Rejection.

As for the winning move, after a few exchanges both realizes that they can't kill each other, Zeref comes to the conclusion, "destroy his body", Ainz comes to the conclusion, "Deploy Victim, tell Albedo to send reinforcements immeditely. Demuirge, you are incharge of Nazarick's defense, order Narberal to use survaillance magic to search for the enemy's hideout. Send Cocytus and Gargantua to finish them. All remaining floor guardians equip yourselves with World items and guard Nazarick until I.................................." NAh just kidding.

After Ainz realizes Zeref is immortal he goes Grasp heart for the stun (stupification), casts TGOALID, True death, Turns invisble, and wait for TGOALID to take effect. Actually all he needs is to TGOALID+Instant death, whetever comes after is up to him.

How does he deal with Zeref's magic? Timestop, TP, and Flight to reposition and dodge. And there's also the fact that Zeref's magic may be a type of Negative Energy which actually heals Ainz.

How does Zeref stay dead despite his immortality? TGOALID has the ability to kill immortals, and deathless beings or objects. It can be countered by Resurection, something Zeref doesn't have. Immortality=Resurection.

@sandman yeah too bad Zeref is beyond his lvl dude Large island lvl and I am talking about instant kill hax which is not true like grasp heart would never work on floor guardians. His World items were never shown so he doesn't have those, wish upon a star never showed so he doesn't have that one.

And Ainza skill don't work simply because Zeref is on a greater lvl and if they were the same lvl most of his hacks wouldn't work beacuse as I already it depends on the tier of spell against someone his own lvl he need 10'th tier spell minimum (for great damage like with shaltear)while Zeref is stronger than him which means those would end up weak as well.

Ainz has many hax but they are weak against a stronger opponent like Zeref and once again Large island attack would stomp island lvl especially since Zeref can instant kill as well.

^world items won't count until he uses one,plus he wouldn't use that in this battle anyway. His current hax won't do a lot against an opponent who is stronger than him because the only actual hax that could be useful to him here are time delayed and he is weak against phisical attacks which is not a good thing if you go by someone who is a lvl above you. Like really Large Island>>island lvl and hax that are shown by him against an island lvl are actually all time delayed.

Don't get the point of discussing this high 6-C stomps 6-C.

Nice claim saying that Zeref is higher level than Ainz. But a claim is just a claim, you have to prove it. Just because Zeref is stronger doesn't mean he's higher leveled. We know that Ainz is mid level in terms of power among all level 100 players, but it doen't mean that they are higher leveled. A character could be stronger than Ainz and still be at the same level. Example: Touch me, Ulbert, Rubedo, these guys are all way above Ainz, but are the same level as him.

PLUS. It doesn't mean that since you have the same level as Ainz you can now fight equally with him and that his low tier spells suddenly doesn't work, NO. The reason why most of Ainz spells are ineffective is because Yggdrasil players like to stock up on resistance and the fact that most lvl 100 players have access to about 300 skills. At level 100 everyone has a resurection item or skill and a counter for timestop, not because of their level but because instant death spells and timestop are common in high level play, so you either counter them or get oneshotted. Take for example Ainz, the reason why low tiered magic and low tiered physical damage doesn't work on him is because he has a skill whose effect is so, not because he is higher leveled than them.

Level alone doesn't give you magic resistance (most of Ainz's abilities ignores resistances anyway), skills and item does. And since after reading Zeref's profile I don't see any resurection abilities or timestop counters, I'm inclined to believe Ainz has absolute advantage here. Just because Zeref has a timestop ability doesn't mean he can move in an opponent's timestop.

@bluebird come an show me where Ainz beat an island lvl without time derail spells and where exactly did he ever defeat someone stronger than him. You literally just read the wiki a and his profile without knowing a thing about him.

I read Overlord's novel and are my favourite,but I can't find a single proof of that and since as I said it was never shown it can not be assumed he can since by that logic he would of defeat shaltear easy,yet he got his ass kicked and won only because he was helped and she is island lvl.

Can someone just close this large island>>>island is a stomp.

Like isn't it clear to you a single hit from Zeref is win since the AP diffrence is huge and Ainz doesn't have things that can actually save him from that. And for the time stop I can go by logic that Zeref can stop time and win and not to mention Ainz time stop worked on one character Zeref's affected several persons and is an actual time stop for everyone around him.

"It was almost the same as just now. After casting a silent 'Time Stop' I moved over here and cast the same spell I used on that man, 'Touch of Undeath'. And then, I just touched her." The silence felt as though the space between them had been frozen. The sound of Roberdyck swallowing was exceptionally loud in comparison, "…He stopped time…" "Oh yes. Anti-time stop countermeasures are very important, don't you know? You'll need to have them by the time you hit level 70. Oh well, you're going to die here, so in your case, it's largely academic." No Ainz stimetop affected the surroundings, not just one person that's why he seemed to teleport, plus time stop won't work Ainzs is resistant to it

He isn't resistant on it just beacuse he can use it since by that logic Zeref is as well. And again pretty much a single hit by Zeref is the end of the battle

And he can really defeat Shalltear easily in fact Ainz could one shot her if not for Shalltears resurrection, also Ainz is hesitating to fight Shallter because he's still not sure if he can resurrect Shalltear again

he's resistant to it because he's got time stop resistant not because he can use it. He said Time Stop counter is must have after you reach lvl 70

TheSandman31 said:
And he can really defeat Shalltear easily in fact Ainz could one shot her if not for Shalltears resurrection, also Ainz is hesitating to fight Shallter because he's still not sure if he can resurrect Shalltear again
Yeah, let's not use excuses now. Ainz defeat her with a time delay spell and only barely not to mention once again Zeref is Large island lvl which means his hit are much stronger than both shaltear and Ainza. He knew he can resurrect her so he wasn't holding back or else he wouldn't go so hard on her like really in order to beat her he needed a huge prep time and also had to find a way to trick her and only won because she was stopped in her last attack or else she won.

Single hit? really. You know the battle between Gilmamesh vs Ainz is still inconclusive so does his battle against OPM.It's speed equalized and you have to prove that Ainz hax won't work against Zeref

you have to prove Ainz hax will work on Zeref not me. Beacuse the only hax that was shown against an island lvl opponent ,and Zeref is actually large island lvl, was a 12 seconds delay spell and another prep time spell which actually only killed shaltear when she was damaged enough.

TheSandman31 said:
Single hit? really. You know the battle between Gilmamesh vs Ainz is still inconclusive so does his battle against OPM.It's speed equalized and you have to prove that Ainz hax won't work against Zeref
When you show me skills like grasp heart working on his lvl enemies than you can ask me to prove you wrong,but until than you are the only one that has to prove things. And Zeref has range attacks that when hit are Large island against a island lvl durabilty.

You keep ignorantly saying 'It won't work because of what this wiki says about this level' not knowing that Ainz is based in a game, guess what Hun, Ainz is the max level, that being LVL 100! and what is Zeref in the game? Hmm, he hasn't played it? Oh well that means he's literal fodder level, he's level 1, meaning he can be killed by basic druids who can cast root, Also TGOALID is an instant cast, in the anime only is it a 12-second cast. Since the Manga is the canon I'm going with Ainz is going up to him, Using TGOALID+ Widen:Call of the Banshee and one hitting him, hell he could just 'Grasp Heart' 'Chain Dragon Lightning' 'Dragon Lightning' 'Lightning' or just simply slash him, there's nothing stopping him since Death magic is deemed as Negative magic, Negative magic heals Undead and Ainz is the Strongest of all Overlords which is simply an Incredibly powerful Elder Lich, Since Zeref is level 1, His magic, Physical attacks, Immortality mean nothing, TGOALID removed his immortality, Grasp Heart will stun, Greater Physical protection stops all attacks less than level 60 and Zeref is put at level 1, also Large Island? Woohoo, guess what? Ainz can create a Black Hole, You're Island feat is invalid, since a Black Hole is anywhere from Star to multi-galaxy, You island feat is nothing to that, plus he has Gravity Well, an ability that causes intense gravitational pressure, Reality Slash, Removing all form of Durability, Wish upon a Star allowing him to make any wish up to World class, Also Ainz had to make sure Shalltear was weakened enough for him to one shot her, since she had crazy high defence and was designed to be a literal boss monster, she was Raid Level, Also his TGOALID did kill Shalltear, he could have used it from the start but Shalltear has her own self ress that activates, he didn't have to weaken her, Also you keep saying that Zeref is stronger but by far he has no where near the same level as Hax that Ainz has and he just simply cannot survive, so hows about you get off your high horse, stop being ignorant and stop wasting everyone's time

^i am ignorant? First don't be rude. Second prove where Ainz uses normal spells and wins against an enemy of his tier or stronger and until than bye. He killed shaltear with 12 second delay spell which means Zeref can stomp him in mean time with being high 6-C and Ainz is just 6-C

This is a clear victory for Ainz Ooal Gown. I mean Space-Time manipulation, Black hole creation, and "The Goal of All Life is Death" skill which should logically bypass immortality given it kills beings that are abiotic.

^no he can't just beacuse you people discus random stuff doesn't mean they are true. And for those who don't know there is still no proof of world items actually being 5-B since it was just a statement rather than actual feat. The goal of life and death needs 12 second in which he is highly vulnerable and a single hit by large island lvl and its over. His black hole works on weaker opponents.

Until you give a proof of Ainz actually affecting someone on island or superior with his random hax spells there really isn't anything to discuss actually its because of those random statements that his battles usually end up inconclsiuove with people just randomly saying he has this and that without knowing how his power works like seriously read the Novels.

I just told you TGOALIS is an instant cast, you didn't read my comment, stop before you make yourself look more foolish then you already do.

Want proof? Black Hole, gg well played, you lose, Black Hole>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Giant Island level, bye bye, you have lost.

@WilliamShadow

He's not going to win with normal spells but with his high tier spells that ignores durabily and bypass resistance.Your ignoring Ainz hax and your reason is because Zeref is High 6-C.Thats it

The reason why he simply didn't use TGOALID in the beginning to kill Shalltear was 1)He's waiting for her to use Einhenjar 2) She can self resurrect because of the item her creator gave to her

When Ainz was fighting Shalltear he's basically figthing two Shalltear because of her Enherjar.Also when Ainz used The Cry of the Banshee, which is also a insta death spell it didn't work because of Shalltears insta death resistance, but it also got cancelled by TGOALID

You make it sounds like Ainz normal spells didn't affect Shalltear in their fighte Shalltear was pierced by a 9th tier spell, her teleportation got cancelled by Delay teleportation, and if his spells cant affect Shalltear then why is she dodging 9th tier spells,Reality Slash cuts through shalltear easily and if wasn't for her

Time Reverse: Negate the damage caused by a single atthesack. Can be used three times a day.

she wouldn't last against Ainz

Shalltear can also turn intangible with

• Mist form: Changes the user's body into astral type, evading attacks.
She's also a divine magic caster which makes her perfect for battling an undead like Ainz

And her Spuic Lance can recover HP, her HP was almost full when Ainz used the Goal of All Life is Death

Does Zeref have all the skills that made Shalltear last against Ainz? Shalltear even said it herself that if she doesn't have a self resurrect magic she would have died with TGOALID.

Why he didn't use Time Stop? remember that in Yggdrasil almost everyone who's lvl 70 above have counter to time stop and Ainz remarked that its as if Shalltear was made to counter Ainz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back