• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A monkey fights a little hedgehog

thats becuz it was more explored in super i like said earlier. its more than likely to happen in this fight
Why is it more likely to happen in this fight? Especially since even in Super that happens more when Goku and Vegeta fight against stronger opponents (and even then, not all of them. That didn't happened with Golden Frieza)

Why is it more likely to happen in this fight? Especially since even in Super that happens more when Goku and Vegeta fight against stronger opponents (and even then, not all of them. That didn't happened with Golden Frieza)
becuz this is a goku post UI from the t.o.p ark where progression really takes place here. and becuz that's still early in super. it really gets explored from the u6 v u7 arc/ black saga and on

yes he said his power surged up becuz he got stronger from: the beatdown.

i ignored it becuz that's never been stated from an official source nor in the show. its just made-up speculation. the only time he makes a full recovery is when goku fought black the second time.

the last time he was fighting jiren in blue he was getting bodied. I could argue he didn't even really get a zenkai from freeza. or at least one enough to boost his power to contend with jiren in blue. freeza just gave him enough power to actually stand and eventually overtime goku was gaining his strength back

again I can argue he can break his limits and overpower sonic enough to damage him hard or eventually kill him
1) Zamasu, in the very scene you linked, outright said Black's power rose, which was from the beatdown he recieved.

2) Frieza did healed Goku somewhat. That isn't a full heal but that does count as him getting a zenkai from Frieza healing him a bit, in a similar way to Goku healing Frieza on Namek

3) If Sonic would see that Goku would start bodying him and that his stonewall durability isn't protecting him anymore, since Sonic can no-sell attacks from beings that are either comparable or even stronger than him, such as Metal Overlord, Time Eater and Egg Wizard, then he'll just hax him. He's not an idiot and won't keep doing attacks that doesn't work over and over again

So even if Goku will keep breaking his limits and increase in strength more and more, eventually Sonic will notice he's not able to affect Goku anymore and hax him

1) Zamasu, in the very scene you linked, outright said Black's power rose, which was from the beatdown he recieved.

2) Frieza did healed Goku somewhat. That isn't a full heal but that does count as him getting a zenkai from Frieza healing him a bit, in a similar way to Goku healing Frieza on Namek

3) If Sonic would see that Goku would start bodying him and that his stonewall durability isn't protecting him anymore, since Sonic can no-sell attacks from beings that are either comparable or even stronger than him, such as Metal Overlord, Time Eater and Egg Wizard, then he'll just hax him. He's not an idiot and won't keep doing attacks that doesn't work over and over again

1) ok? That's what said.

2) it does but not to the point where it boosts his power so much he can contend with jiren.

2) it does but not to the point where it boosts his power so much he can contend with jiren.
It doesn't matter. He still managed to push Jiren further than ever before with just his SSB state, meaning his boost was very strong regardless. And that happened after he was healed by Frieza

I haven't read the last few posts in excruciating details, but I overviewed the while thread and now I have 2 questions

1: Where does the idea that classic Super Sonic upscales from Darkspine Sonic come from?

2: Do we have ANY idea of the true extent of Super Sonic's stonewall durabillity? I'm honestly starting to think his durabillity is low multiversal no matter which key he's in. Solaris is litterally the only opponent who manged of hurt him with raw power

I haven't read the last few posts in excruciating details, but I overviewed the while thread and now I have 2 questions

1: Where does the idea that classic Super Sonic upscales from Darkspine Sonic come from?

2: Do we have ANY idea of the true extent of Super Sonic's stonewall durabillity? I'm honestly starting to think his durabillity is low multiversal no matter which key he's in. Solaris is litterally the only opponent who manged of hurt him with raw power
1. The Chaos Emeralds are stronger than the World Rings, simple as that

2. Well no, but he can easily no sell attacks from characters comparable or superior to him

The Chaos Emeralds are stronger than world rings since they were stated to grant "ultimate power" after the events of SatSR in the Codex for Sonic Chronicles
Since when does that mean that they're the strongest artifact in the entire Sonic verse? It could be hyperbolic or simply limited to the power available in the confines of the main universe. The world rings come from a different universe after all

Since when does that mean that they're the strongest artifact in the entire Sonic verse? It could be hyperbolic or simply limited to the power available in the confines of the main universe. The world rings come from a different universe after all
The Chaos Emeralds' power is unmatched by anything in the sonic multiverse aside from the power of the stars and the Master Emerald (and also the Super Emeralds by being literally the Chaos Emeralds but enhanced by the Master Emerald)

Dark Gaia had alot of specific circomstances involved. Everyone else can only push Super Sonic back
No, both Phantom King and Egg Salamander can harm Super Sonic, not just push back.
Edit: iirc Ix's Super Form can harm Super Sonic in Chronicles as well.

Last edited:
No, both Phantom King and Egg Salamander can harm Super Sonic, not just push back.
I'm pretty sure the Phantom King does this with his Phantom Ruby hax, since Eggman's machine, who also fights the Phantom King and Sonic, can't harm Sonic. And even then, he can only do it with his special attack. The rest of his attacks only push Sonic back

I'm pretty sure the Phantom King does this with his Phantom Ruby hax, since Eggman's machine, who also fights the Phantom King and Sonic, can't harm Sonic. And even then, he can only do it with his special attack. The rest of his attacks only push Sonic back
Meh, fair enough there. I was mainly pointing at the incorrect statement of no one being able to harm Super Sonic besides Solaris and Dark Gaia, not the means by which it's done.

Is that an official wiki? It doesn't say anything about the multiverse in the link you sent.
Yes this is the official wiki. The Sonicverse doesn't refer to the multiverse a lot, but it was also stated that the Chaos emeralds holds "unlimited energy" and their user will gain "ultimate power". The Emeralds are consistently portrayed as such and Super Sonic is consistently considered one of the most powerful characters in the verse, who gains his powers from the Chaos Emeralds

Yes this is the official wiki. The Sonicverse doesn't refer to the multiverse a lot, but it was also stated that the Chaos emeralds holds "unlimited energy" and their user will gain "ultimate power". The Emeralds are consistently portrayed as such and Super Sonic is consistently considered one of the most powerful characters in the verse, who gains his powers from the Chaos Emeralds
They still vary in power through. Their peek is obviously higher than the world rings', but they can show much lower limits depending on the user

Well yeah. Though maybe this is a discussion for another thread.

Regardless the Sonic Chronicle codex still puts the Low 2-C supers above Darkspine Sonic and Alf Layla Wa Layla but again, let's discuss it in another thread

Well yeah. Though maybe this is a discussion for another thread.

Regardless the Sonic Chronicle codex still puts the Low 2-C supers above Darkspine Sonic and Alf Layla Wa Layla but again, let's discuss it in another thread
Once you make said thread, can you tag me in it? Am I even gonna get notified if you do?

Didn't Goku get stronger while he was fighting kale and caulifla dude went from fighting in base to SSJ to 2 to 3 to God. And it was mention he was already tired in the beginning.

Didn't Goku get stronger while he was fighting kale and caulifla dude went from fighting in base to SSJ to 2 to 3 to God. And it was mention he was already tired in the beginning.
Goku fought Caulifla and Kale relatively equally as SSJ2. The reason he somewhat kept up in base with Caulifla is because he's much more skilled than her, as also noted by Whis, though Caulifla was holding back too.

Once Goku went SSG, he completely stomped their combined efforts and forced them to fuse into Kefla

He wasn't really getting stronger in that battle. They had more of a sparring match before they started to fight more seriously

i guess now that classic sonics wisp hax arent gonna be in standard are the sonic voters gonna change there vote or?

i guess now that classic sonics wisp hax arent gonna be in standard are the sonic voters gonna change there vote or?
Sonic doesn't need the wisps to win. Wisps was never my argument for him to win anyway

It's the combination of Sonic easily no selling attacks that are >>>> Baseline Low 2-C with the Super forms' stonewall durabiity, his ability to use time break and ring time, attack reflection, speed amplification with Super Peel Out, and limited instictive reactions with the homing attacks to hit Goku's weak points

Sonic doesn't need the wisps to win. Wisps was never my argument for him to win anyway

It's the combination of Sonic easily no selling attacks that are >>>> Baseline Low 2-C with the Super forms' stonewall durabiity, his ability to use time break and ring time, attack reflection, speed amplification with Super Peel Out, and limited instictive reactions with the homing attacks to hit Goku's weak points
when has he used time break and ring time?

Back