• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A new possible guideline page (Staff only)

Yes, for example, the stamina and intelligence statistics should not be bolded. Good suggestion.

Huh.

I wasn't even aware of the links outside section and I've been on this site for nearly a year now.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the above text justifies this pretty hard. Great work, Andy Ogurtsow.

Ogurtsow wrote the new page, not Andy.

Dargoo Faust said:
Ah.

Serves me right for forgetting my morning coffee.
Yeah it was Ogu who wrote this.

I'm too good for nothing to do something like this

Another thing to include in the instruction page could be that battleboard slang words should not be used, as we are addressing a general audience.

For example, use "preparations" instead of "prep", and try to use another description than "bloodlusted".

I agree with not using "hax"/"prep"/"calc" etc, but "bloodlusted" should be fine.

It isn't a vs debating term only

What term should we use instead of "hax"? I can't come up with something suitable.

Depends from the context I suppose.

I never really used it on any profile I made

We have an explanation page though, so I think that we can keep it: Hax

Should we also explain that when linking to a youtube video, you have to link to a specific timestamp of that video? Granted it's probably not a common editing mistake.

Yes, that seems like a good addition.

Nedge1000 said:
A common mistake I see is the Summary tab written as == Summary == when it is should be like like ==Summary== according to the Standard Format for Character Profiles.
I believe there's a simple explanation for that. The Standard Layout when you attempt to make a new page has the spaces by default, despite the Standard Format page saying otherwise. So, if anything, this is one of the things that need to be updated on this site as well.

The layout looks the same when published for both of the "summary" versions, so I do not think that mentioning it is necessary.

@Antvasima

Should I remove the thing about headings, since both of these versions have no difference?

I've replaced it with two things about images. Now I think it's time to make the page.

"cleaning up he mess."

cleaning up the mess.

Slight error. You forgot the 't'.

Back