• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A striking strength revision project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming 50 people help and there are 10,000 profiles to edit, then each person has to edit 200 profiles.

Of course this is an unrealistic end.

Well, it would be best to handle this as a regular several days long revision project, sorted by tier categories like the last time, as othervise lots of profile conversions will be overlooked, or handled badly by regular members.

However, in order to accomplish this we need as many staff members as possible helping out, which means that I am uncertain when it is best to start it.

Of course, one alternative, if we do not get enough members helping out, is to split this up into smaller sub-projects. Meaning, we could start with converting the lower tiers (4, 5, and 6 for example), and do the rest later.

Soldier Blue said:
Which tier has the largest number of profiles?
Tier 9

However, 8, 7, and possibly 6 are nearly identical.

However, bear in mind that many profiles contain several tiers, so they overlap in different categories.

Btw: I would appreciate if somebody can inform all our current staff members (except for DarkLK) about this thread via their message walls.

I can do it. Should I include Kav too?

@Colonel Krukov Thank you. I have already informed Kavpeny.

@Promestein I do not know. We need to check with the rest of the staff when they are able to help out.

I'm going to leave out Darkness too due to him being busy and all.

EDIT:Cross and Ever have already expressed their plans? And Prom is fully aware of this thread, so I want bother posting on their walls.

EDIT2: Dark649 is well aware of the revisions and Aparajita is busy

I would help a bit but school is almost ending and I'm crammed with finals and exams. So I were to help it would be around when I start summer( in June.) if you guys start before that than I'll sadly be unable to participate.

My situation is basically the same as Grudge.

I have replied to everyone. Others I haven't sent a message are busy/are already aware of this thread.

Well, I was thinking that summer vacation would be most appropriate for this project, but do not know when exactly that happens for most people in the staff.

I can help, though erratic and not in one seating, as I'm on call instead of of having a permanent schedule to follow.

I suggest since the future holds too many possibilities of staff leaving to either work on their real lives via jobs,summer schools, or just vacations in general. We compile a list of staff capable on working on one half of the project now and the other on a later date in June(possibly the first or second week.)

In order to maximally use the help of every available staff member. I

I know i can do ones that i'm extremely familiar with as that will do the best for me to try and do....but what Grudge suggested works too. The only issue i have is how Tier 9, 8, and 7 doesn't have the thing where you can easily see page and instead have that weird "see 200 pages" thing that we have for them.....for some reason when that wasn't there before.

@Grudgeman1706 Well, first we need to see how many people are available to help out, and when. Preferably by that they reply to this thread.

Yes, we have to wait until we can get some confirmation of commitment from enough staff members, and should preferably handle it during the summer vacation.

Antvasima said:
@Grudgeman1706 Well, first we need to see how many people are available to help out, and when. Preferably by that they reply to this thread.
Well thanks to colonel Krukov, he's seems to already message all staff members to reply here when they can. When they do reply, they can provide their answer if they can do it now or later.

If you want to make it quicker, we simply get someone to reply to all their walls again on the same post to please state if they can help now or later.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I think we should wait a bit more time. Vacations are coming to a large number of our staff.
The only problem is Matt, is that we can't roll out the possiblities that most of us will likely be too busy by than to help with the revisions as either most of us go on vacation. Or life throws a curve ball and some of us get full time jobs or take summer school to advance. All these are possible outcomes so the best course of action is too use up as much man power as we can get now.

I understand.

I can help with the Tier 10 profiles. There's less than 1,000 for then. I could theoretically cover then in a few hours.

Well, we should preferably prioritise getting the lower-numbered tiers done first (4, 5, etc), as this would be more consistent with the others that do not use symbolic abbreviations (Or whatever XKJ, etc, is called, as my English is not perfect).

I'm available basically forever unless something awful happens.

Well, if you would rather handle that than start with tier 4, feel free to do so if you wish. I can place a note at the top of the Striking Strength page that it is undergoing gradual revision, so people won't change the pages back due to confusion.

Remember to reference my useful conversion chart if you need to.

I'm of the same as well with Celestial, btw. Well actually, i'm more so fine with doing anything as long as i know it's done gradually along with perhaps knowing what i could work with here and there but its of the same, more or less.

Okay. Thank you very much for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back