• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
All Might is more of a, go with the flow, kind of guy.

Just smile and wave, boys. Just smile and wave.

Kingofwolves999 said:
Because he's not an idiot and is dealing with technology that he has absolutely no idea of? He's taking her Gem as a precaution regardless of whether he thinks it's her core or not, he's trying to save the planet not punch a bad guy and dash.
Nezu: All Might, are you ready to teach the students for their first USJ simulation?

All Might: Um... about that...

All Might: Huh?! Where did the slime monster go? I'm sure he was in a bottle in my pant's pocket. (This example is more in line with All Might holding Spinel's Gem as she is recovering.)

He's not a "go with the flow" guy when it comes to people dying unless he's become very emotional. All Might is incredibly intelligent and experienced when it comes to hero work, and is in no way just a "smile and punch" person when the chips are down. Bad teacher =/= unobservant buffoon as you're trying to write him off as.

Also, he was worried about his time limit when the slime villain got free, and it was Midoriya's fault in the first place. Off guard All Might gets hugged by a fan and is dozens of stories high, but you think it's his own incompetence that led to the slime villain getting away?

Please think about this: An Alien menace just showed up on his planet with a device of unknown power, and after defeating said alien, he is left with the device and a gem, left behind after defeating her. In what universe does All Might not notice Spinel's gen and pick it up, thinking it's a clue to shutting down the machine? If Spinel reforms in All Mights custody at any point, it's a loss for her, and a tie for this thread.

If he sees his opponent physically explode his first thought is not going room be 'I should go and get that weird rock they dropped' it's going to be 'they're dead now I need to stop this big drill thing'

And if he tries any physical force on the Injector, the Injector will increase its rate of pumping the planet with poison.

If he tries to destroy the glass Injector, all the poison comes out at once.

"Physically explode" you might be right.

"Poof into absolute nothingness with no blood, organs or other signs to show actual death and instead leave behind a gemstone the same color as the giant drill thing he needs to stop" however is when I begin to doubt if he'd just leave it alone

Leaves it alone, it will just continue to pump poison into the earth till the earth dies and All Might eventually dies of lack of oxygen.

There is a wincon for All Might. Spinel activated the Injector in front of him. All Might knows Spinel can control the Injector. So he would need her alive long enough to make her shut it off.

But Spinel in their first encounter is going to distract All Might from thinking that at the beginning of the fight, with her fighting style, which would require all of All Might attention first. He'll be able to think things through while Spinel is in Gemstone form.

Considering how quickly Spinel's gem can reform, Spinel will be revived. Realizing she can't fight All Might, she will run.

Kingofwolves999 said:
"Physically explode" you might be right.

"Poof into absolute nothingness with no blood, organs or other signs to show actual death and instead leave behind a gemstone the same color as the giant drill thing he needs to stop" however is when I begin to doubt if he'd just leave it alone
You do know rhats what poofing is right? They visible and audibly explode

None of what you said makes All Might not want to pick up her Gem. If he saw her turn it on, and suddenly the only thing left for him as a clue is her Gemstone, he's picking up the gemstone. Not that hard to comprehend.

Also, how fast can Spinel reform? What's the fastest gem reformation time? Because it would literally take AM seconds to realize he should probably pick up the gemstone his foe just left behind, because it likely might be a clue to turning off the giant drill without punching it and potentially making his situation worse.

Also Spinel is a mentally deranged play toy for a Diamond. All Might doesn't know her circumstance or reasons for what she's doing this. Tell me he can convince her to turn it off when his name isn't "Steven Universe," I dare you. Spinel isn't going to waste time talking to some beefed out human guy she doesn't care about. AM's "wincon" being to somehow charm an over 6000 year old being to not destroy his planet because he said so is ludicrous.

And yes, I know exactly what poofing is. And noC it is not what I just described in that post. Gems leave no entrails, body parts, blood, bones, ANYTHING to symbolize death to someone who has no idea about their species. All they do is explode and leave behind a gem. Thinking that All Might wouldn't stop to investigate the Stone left behind by a possibly alien invader that he just fought because "He ThInKs ShE's DeAd" is a terrible argument. AM knows what people he kills looks like, and exploding into literal nothingness is not something I believe he's seen before.

Please, give me an actual good reason as to why All Might would instantly jump to the conclusion that Spinel is dead just because she "exploded"? All he sees is him punching her and her disappearing. If anything, he would think she's pulling a sudden trick on him, and be even more on guard until he sees the gem. You know, the same gem she flaunts off on her chest 24/7? It's not so hard to see why he would think to pick it up, and I don't understand how we're delving this deep into the topic.

This fight is either incon or stomp due to the injector

Kingofwolves999 said:
it would literally take AM seconds to realize he should probably pick up the gemstone his foe just left behind,
Stop misrepresenting All Might. All Might does not immediately act on suspicion.

He was suspicious Easerhead was not answering his phone nor was he able to contact 13 during the USJ incident but was not alarm.

By "flaunt" I mean that it's on clear display and obvious, not that she literally flaunts it. But that's irrelevant to my greater argument. Please address the actual points I brought up on why he wouldn't be incredibly suspicious about Spinel exploding and leaving behind just a gem stone.

Also address the point I made that this match is either a stomp or incon. Don't ignore the big points for the little ones.

@ElixerBlue I am not misrepresenting All Might, YOU'RE trying to make him out as some dumbass idiot that doesn't think about anything while in a battle and just goes "unga bunga, me Hero, me punch, me win." He isn't an idiot, he knows when to be the symbol of peace and when to be an awkward dying guy. In the middle of a fight on top of a machine of unknown origin, fighting a villain who just disappeared into nothing is more than enough to make him suspicious.

Also, clearly you know nothing of how All Might reacts in situations where he needs to be a hero. Nearly every example you've given of All Might being "careless" or "irresponsible" or "not cautious" have been where he's either off guard, thinks his job is done, or believes that everything is alright. He DID suspect something from Eraserhead because he's a worry wart of a person. Also, how would he come to the conclusion that there would be villains inside UA WHEN IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. A completely out of left field scenario happens to AM and you try to blame it on him not being cautious enough? Principal Nedzu literally has a quirk that makes him super smart and HE was the one who told All Might NOT to go to the USJ. Is Nedzu now an idiot by your logic?

Your attempts to undermine All Mights intelligence to a literal caveman are quite insulting honestly. All Might has absolutely no obligation to not investigate Spinels gemstone when he sees it. He will be on absolute edge considering he just fought someone that set off a device that could likely explode at any moment (to his knowledge at least.) He's not going to start punching the injector thinking that will solve the problem, and he's not going to ignore the likely clue to stopping the injector (Spinels Gem). All alight is a hero in order to SAVE people. That will always be his priority, and he will not just dismiss everything around him.

Kingofwolves999 said:
By "flaunt" I mean that it's on clear display and obvious, not that she literally flaunts it. But that's irrelevant to my greater argument. Please address the actual points I brought up on why he wouldn't be incredibly suspicious about Spinel exploding and leaving behind just a gem stone.

Also address the point I made that this match is either a stomp or incon. Don't ignore the big points for the little ones.

@ElixerBlue
And if he thinks the fight is over after Spinel poof (but not killed), then what?

Also, clearly you know nothing of how All Might reacts in situations where he needs to be a hero. Nearly every example you've given of All Might being "careless" or "irresponsible" or "not cautious" have been where he's either off guard, thinks his job is done, or believes that everything is alright. He DID suspect something from Eraserhead because he's a worry wart of a person. Also, how would he come to the conclusion that there would be villains inside UA WHEN IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE. A completely out of left field scenario happens to AM and you try to blame it on him not being cautious enough? Principal Nedzu literally has a quirk that makes him super smart and HE was the one who told All Might NOT to go to the USJ. Is Nedzu now an idiot by your logic?
5DE330E0-8BD2-40A3-B443-AAC3DC293FB0
51B35E95-A3EF-4F56-8ED7-DCE764A45F58
7078B230-C49C-4AE5-8652-8181ABE46156
A994705A-C3F3-428A-BB82-F35080A35A61
Your attempts to undermine All Mights intelligence to a literal caveman are quite insulting honestly.
D004417B-7142-4435-9085-F8C20C9F1810
All Might is not

F0C75FBC-EB94-4591-8777-D0461F665949
The embodiment of competency

All Might has absolutely no obligation to not investigate Spinels gemstone when he sees it. He will be on absolute edge considering he just fought someone that set off a device that could likely explode at any moment (to his knowledge at least.) He's not going to start punching the injector thinking that will solve the problem, and he's not going to ignore the likely clue to stopping the injector (Spinels Gem). All alight is a hero in order to SAVE people. That will always be his priority, and he will not just dismiss everything around him.
You are painting All Might as Someone who always knows what he is doing, even if All Might has never even encountered a Gem.

Even if All Might notices the Gem, he has no pockets to carry it. His focus has to be on the Injector. Besides, he has no idea that Spinel can regenerate.

Why would he carry around a rock as he is trying to deal with an enormous, world poisoning machine? Why would the corpse of someone he just killed be a clue into stopping the machine?

All Might's wincon is to help the poor soul of Spinel. She is broken and needs a hero, which All Might is perfectly capable for that task.

Then, after Spinel shuts off the machine, All Might incaps her by sending her off to jail.

1) I don't know what you think "social authority" is, but if you believe All Might being a good figure for society is enough for him to deal with the issues of an alien that has come to kill his planet for seemingly no reason, you're reaching for a win con. All Might has no idea Spinel is hurting, misunderstoood, or whatever. He sees a villain destroying his planet, he is not going to try and be nice unless she's been incapacitated. Also, that's not even a valid win con, so my point that this match is a stomp or inconclusive still stands.

Stop trying to reach for a win con for All Might so you can add a Win to Spinels page. She's not going to turn off the injector because All Might asks her to, nor is she going to open up to him about her feelings. I would love to see your reasoning as to why she would.

2) Both of the scenarios you posted of All Might being careless are terrible and disregard everything I've already said, but sure, let's do this again.

Slime villain wasn't his fault. He beat the slime villain, had no other obligations and was ready to turn him in to the police. The reason the slime villain got out was because Midoriya jumped on All Mights leg and knocked it out of his pants pocket. While they were dozens of stories in the air. While All Might had less than a minute of his hero time left. If you honestly think the slime villain was his own fault because he didn't notice him getting kicked out of his pocket when he had 3 other things to worry about, one of which was having his biggest secret besides One For All exposed to some crazy fanboy, you're being irrational.

All Might being a bad teacher is irrelevant to his awareness as a hero or person. I fail to see the correlation between his teaching skills and his situational awareness. Stop bringing it up.

3) I'm not painting All Might as someone who knows what he's doing all the time. I'm putting him in a scenario where he's going to be incredibly confused and worried, which will make him more cautious and inquisitive about his surroundings. He's fighting on top of some unknown machine that is pumping poison in his planet, he's not going to leave behind ANYTHING dropped by the person that put said machine down.

Also, again, All Might will not think Spinel is dead because she poofed. Give me one good reason why he would. He'll think she probabaly teleported away or something, he would never come to the conclusion that she is dead and the gem is her corpse. He WILL come to the conclusion that the thing she left behind when she disappeared might help him in turning off the machine he's trying to stop.

All Might poofs Spinel > Sees her literally disappear with nothing but a gem left behind > picks up gem because he has no idea what is going on > realizes he still needs to deal with injector > gem is the same color as the injector > gen was on the "uniform" of the girl he just fought > gem might be a clue to turning off the machine

Nothing is wrong with this train of logic I'm proposing for All Might. He doesn't need to be a genius to know that the one thing left behind by his adversary might be a clue to stopping their machine.

4) I think I've been trying to say this but you haven't picked up on it, so let me make this clear:

All Might will not think the fight is over just because Spinel has poofed. Unlike literally every fight he has had in his series, All Might has a secondary objective that he needs to accomplish before he can call this a job well done: turning off the machine. Just because his enemy is gone doesn't mean he's going to drop his guard and run off immediately, especially if his enemy disappeared in a fashion he has never seen before in his life.

5) I'm pretty sure All Might does have pockets on his hero costumes for his phone and such.

Either way, he can literally just carry her gem in his hand, it's not like it's too big to carry or would be a bother. Figuring out a way to turn off the death machine would be far too important to All Might for him to worry that he has to carry a gem.

6) Let's say Spinel does reform and All Might didn't pick up her gem. He's going to notice that she's back and proceed to beat the ever living daylights out of her again. Gem reformation isn't exactly quiet or unnoticeable, they give off huge amounts of light before reforming. What, do you think All Mights just going to jump to the bottom of the drill and run around it screaming his head off? He's going to want to stay near the top, especially since there is poison at the bottom, and he's going to notice Spinel coming back. At which point he apprehends her and now knows she can reform. But now he doesn't know how to turn off the injector. So he dies in 41 hours unless he can convince Spinel to turn it off. And if he could do that, then I would have proposed it, but Spinel is absolutely insane and not going to listen to him.

7) This match is a stomp or incon, cease this.

So could that still happen? I'm sure other hero's are saving people as all might is busy

Kingofwolves999 said:
All Might doesn't have that

So irrelevant
"You can becomes a hero!"

"Poor Bakugo. Let daddy All Might give you a hug to make you feel better."

@Kingofwolves999 I've been offering scans and examples. Can you give us scans that support you claims instead? It would be much easier to back up your statements.

Kingofwolves999 said:
Stop trying to reach for a win con for All Might so you can add a Win to Spinels page. She's not going to turn off the injector because All Might asks her to, nor is she going to open up to him about her feelings. I would love to see your reasoning as to why she would.
... because she turned off the machine when Steven Universe asked her to when he made her feel better. And she easily open up her feelings to Steven cause at her core, she is a good person. Broken and angry at the Universe, but a good person.

Did you even watch the movie?

Besides, All Might's character is much more careful around emotionally charged people than Steven Universe, as evidence with Bakugo.

Why are you making me run in circles and why are you making giant paragraphs for me to have a harder to time to reply to you? And than trying to strong arm me at saying along the lines that your opinions can't be challenged and this is a stomp.

@ElixerBlue All Might doesn't have social influencing on his profile, so you quoting him saying inspiring things is irrelevant. Social influencing is very different than being able to give a speech to teenagers, especially when the only people it's worked on are people that like him, not his enemies.

All of your scans have been debunked and never addressed my main point that All Might can't win.

This match is a stomp or inconclusive. I've been saying this for some time now and the only win con you've given All Might is fron an ability he doesn't have, ask for a revision to give him the ability or realize this thread is a stomp or incon.

Kingofwolves999 said:
This match is a stomp or inconclusive. I've been saying this for some time now and the only win con you've given All Might is fron an ability he doesn't have, ask for a revision to give him the ability or realize this thread is a stomp or incon.
Did. You. Watch. The. Steven. Universe. Movie? Usually, I wouldn't ask but you've been making false claims on Spinel's part for awhile now.

I don't even want to cough "debunk" your claims anymore cause of how you have been behaving every time I do. Maybe I'm also being rude too, if that's the case i'm sorry. But you aren't making this any easier.

I don't know what facts about Spinel I've gotten wrong. She's an over 6000 year old gem that got left behind by her master and has severe anger issues and mental instability. All of which make it impossible for All Might to reason with her. Steven had an entire movie to get to know and understand Spinel, as well as an extensive knowledge of her culture and situation. All Might has none of that, and can't survive the injector destroying the planet. He is not going to convince Spinel to stop destroying his planet, he has 0 feats of turning bad guys good or influencing villains to do what he wants. Even if you say villains are scared of him, it's due to his status as the symbol of peace, which Spinel has no knowledge of or care about.

All Might is not convincing Sinel to turn off the injector, therefore he has no win condition.

Also, please do debunk my claims. Should be interesting given all you're going to do is prove my point that All Might has no way to win the fight. Most of the things I've "claimed" were in the pursuit of giving All Might AT THE VERY MOST an inconclusive outcome. Debunking my claims just makes this a stomp, which I've already said I'm going for.

I also already said I haven't watched the movie yet, but since then, I have, and my impression of Spinel hasn't changed.

Tie or stomp, pick one

So why are you fighting against me, who has watched the movie, that All Might can reason with Spinel and Jail incap her?

I don't like that the person shouting inconclusive or stomp, also claims All Might can't reason Spinel, has never watched the movie.

Your call for it only being inconclusive or stomp is invalid.

But... Steven had a lot of prior knowledge and was involved with Spinel to the point where he's one of the reasons why she goes berserk against the planet.

All Might is none of that here.

Plus, arguing "Talk no Jutsu" as a wincon is... iffy.

Hm. "Talk no Jutsu" is iffy. But it was what defeated Spinel. I'm mostly supporting the possibility of All Might being able to talk Spinel down because Spinel is only motivated by her anger. Her aggressiveness was only because of her hatred for Pink Diamond, and after some poor words on Steven's part, her anger was directed towards him.

I don't believe Spinel has any reason to be angry and aggressive towards All Might. She focus on destroying the planet but without Pink diamond or her son around, she might find the whole thing pointless.

Back