• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An important request to our community

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
I know that many of us are terrified due to the US election result, but I nevertheless ask that we do our best to maintain a polite, peaceful, and constructive atmosphere when visiting here, by keeping politics out of this site.

Thank you very much for your help and consideration.

Also, to avoid derailing, this is a staff only thread, but the message applies to everybody.

Well, it is very easy to throw a matchstick into a gasoline tank.

I agree. The other forums I go on have been very politically charged lately with people throwing insults left and right and it simply has been unpleasant over there. Hopefully we can keep that stuff to an minimal here.

I would much prefer that this community does not self-destruct, so this is extremely important.

Agreed. Given the current circumstances, i really would prefer if nobody mentions any of what's going on. It's too much for me a bit or so at the moment and i'm sure there's others that feel the same of this as i am...

Yes. I am personally overwhelmed by this. I want this place to be refuge from all of the horrors of the world. Not a place where we bring them in.

I remind everybody that this is a staff only thread.

@Shining:

I suggest taking up wall messages for your conversation. It's a staff thread, so while the message is for all, the comments section is not.

I'm more affected by Toblerone losing weight than America losing economy. Am I a bad person?

Like everyone here, those who are worried about the results of the US election. I advise you to remain calm and leave as much unnecessary fear and anxiety from the election out of this site. As terrifying as the election was seeing who would win for most, we must remember this site is not for the sake of discussing or expressing polical ideology.

Regardless of who you voted or if you are affected or not, we as a community must remember that we as members of VSB are here for the sake of discussing fictional fights or placing statistics for are favorite verse or characters. Yes The world is filled with terrifying news and lord knows problems will always be coming. But that is why we have to remain calm and continue to keep this place under control of RL controversial topics like politics so no unnecessary conflicts can erupt. No one here wants to be reminded of the bad things that are happening in the world so let's just continue to make this community and site prosper and grow. So we can prevent further conflicts from pestering our work and leisure.

TBH I see this more as Wario being left in charge of the mushroom kingdom, though i'm kinda numb to this kinda thing here where I live.

Yes. That is probably for the best.

Back