• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An important update regarding our upcoming forum move

2020-01-31 1500

These are my current settings for my preferences. Should this work? Couldn't get the whole thing, but I did not select the "Disable all emails from FANDOM" option further down the page. Since I updated in 2017, should I re-update or anything?

@Jmanghan

We have allegedly banned over 5000 troll accounts at this point, who have had a frequent habit to imitate the usernames of existing members. It is important that our members get their old usernames during the transfer to avoid neverending complete chaos and confusion.

@Dark-Carioca

It will replace the internal wiki forum with "Discussions", an extremely lacklustre replacement to the degree that it is almost impossible to use for anything more complicated than a brief voting poll.

@Thebannanaworkshop

The old threads are supposed to be moved and redirected to "Discussions", and we are trying to get them backed up to our new external forum as well.

@Lightbuster30

It depends on if you wish to be constantly bothered with so many constant email messages to your inbox. I have deselected/unchecked the "Email me when..." boxes myself.

@Ant Closing down editing for regular users for a few days while the move happens seems like a good idea.

@Agnaa

I think so as well. It should hopefully allow me and the rest of the staff to focus almost entirely on the moving process.

Nepuko said:
A question if I may, isn't your email already confirmed when you have the "auto-confirmed user" tag?
Yeah. The only reason someone would need to change it or double-check is if they've changed emails since then.

I am uncertain whether or not it is still required to have a confirmed email address to edit this wiki, so I thought that it was best to inform everybody about that this is very important.

Agnaa is correct though. Make sure that you still use any email addresses that you have registered here previously.

I changed my email back in May I think since then I've been getting emails from fandom just fine. Is my new email address fine as long I can receive emails from fandom on it?

@Ogbunabali

Thank you for helping out.

I use an email with my real name, but I do have an alternate account with a fake name on gmail, should I use that instead?

Well, if you want to keep your real name secret it may be safest, but I do not think that anybody except Fandom will know it from that. As far as I understand, they will simply send out messages with your previous username and a randomly generated connected password for the new forum. You can then change the password to whatever you want instead.

So only the forum will be affected in a bad way, right? The profiles will remain as they are?

So just to make sure for me it says my email was confirmed, was that all i had to do to make sure i can stil join once this place closes down and be active in the new one?

Please, don't let older thread or post deleted. Especially "The strongest every tier part 1 to part 34 thread" i didn't finish read all of it.

I already have confirmed Email. And yeah, it's a shame because the discussion boards like this were great, not looking forward to the transition.

So will it be a fresh new start or we are gonna need to move every thread here manually to the new site?

@KLOL506

I do not know when Fandom will send out emails yet. The new forum has to be set up properly first.

@Dark-Carioca

The regular wiki pages will remain as they are as far as I am aware, but the software system used as a basis will be updated, so the layout might change a bit. I am not certain.

@Crazylatin77

Community Hired (the company setting up the new forum) has received an archive with a copy of all of our discussion threads up to November 12 last year, which will hopefully be updated with a new archive very close to our move. They have to properly convert and set up the files though.

@The Wright Way

That is correct, yes.

Padaruyos said:
Wait how do I know if my e-mail is confirmed. I actually blocked all emails.
You should not check the "Disable all emails from FANDOM (overrides all other options)" box.

If it is checked, Fandom will likely not be able to send you an invitation.

I didn't get a email...is that a bad thing? I mean I gave my gmail account to this website and I often look up on my email account.

I also got the email confirmation thing ages ago when I was signing up on this account...so does that mean I am in the clear?

Wait what??

We'll only get discussion boards up till November 12 last year? What will happen to the ones from before?

Back