• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Okay, this is a troubling topic that has put off way to long, I think it's about time it gets resolved.

Archie Sonic's Base Form is listed as 4-B for reversing a black hole generator that would absorbed the solar system, however, this is not the case. Not only was the black hole incomplete when Sonic stopped it, but he didn't match the force of the black hole, he matched the force of the gears, which caused the device that WOULD'VE created the black hole to implode before completion.

In short, we need more concrete feats for Archie Sonic's Base Form.

I already agreed with this of course plus base Archie Sonic is typically far below SS anyway so it might have been an outlier regardless

@Bob I wouldn't use Comicvine for Archie Sonic since I know several of those feats are taken out of context

Js250476 said:
I already agreed with this of course plus base Archie Sonic is typically far below SS anyway so it might have been an outlier regardless
Yes Base Sonic and the rest of the cast are usually depicted at much lower levels.

@Bob

Sorry, but we're looking for feats for Base Sonic. That seems to mainly focus on Super Sonic. Also, it is extremely messy, and most of the feats are taken out of context anyway.

Anyway base Sonic feats off the top of my head are Sonic's running across the country feat, Silver surviving an island throw at him by Enerjak and Sonic powering a weapon to destroy a mountain

@Js

While I don't agree on most of the guy's arguments you linked, I do whole heartedly agree on what he said about the black hole.

It was never implied that ot required physical force to create it. And even if it did, Sonic would've only countered the force of the black hole if the Dial completed it's cycle, which it failed to do.

Plus the plan was for Sonic to simply reverse the rotation of the gears inside the Dial to destroy themselves.

Indeed I was mostly linking that regarding the Ultimate Annihilator but the black hole points were also vaild

The explanation for the feat is quite simple. The Quantum Dial was using its spin to break space-time and create a Black Hole. The fact that he did not complete did not mean that what was being created so far was not a Black Hole. If you look at the image where the Xordas explain about the Quantum Dial you can see that from the beginning the rupture was already sucking everything around showing that from early on it had the destructive properties.

The Quantum Dial through its rotation has the power to create a space-time rupture capable of creating a Black Hole. Sonic through his speed is able to force the Quantum Dial to spin backwards. You can not force something that is spinning to go backwards if you do not generate a force greater than this. In other words, to do this Sonic would have to generate a higher power than the rotational energy of the Quantum Dial to create the Black Hole.

You can not create something if your energy is less than necessary to create what you want. If the Quantum Dial through its rotation is able to create a 4-B Black Hole then the energy that Sonic releases through its speed must be higher than the power of the Quantum Dial, otherwise it would not be able to reverse the power of the Quantum Dial.

In basic cases breaking space-time is unqualified, so we would not be able to understand the energy to do this. But as we are aware that the Black Hole would be able to destroy the entire Solar System of Mobius then it should be 4-B. In this way we can not assume that something is invalid if there is an explanation of how this is accomplished.

But, I must say I do not agree with this being scaled to the whole cast of Archie. Sonic is only able to accomplish this with speed, a very high speed and according to chapter 126 only Sonic had power to destroy the Quantum Dial.

I believe we can use this for Shadow because it is constantly being said to be able to move at the same speeds as Sonic, Scourgue as well. But in the rest I doubt that this can be escalated mainly because this is completely contradictory to what is said in the arc in which the feat occurred. Sonic rarely uses his maximum speed, except in cases where he faces opponents as fast as he or in the fight against Egg Beater.

In my opinion Sonic should have multiple keys depending on how fast he is at the moment. Well, I'm going to create a series of blogs analyzing all editions of Archie Sonic to find consistency in Sonic levels.

I'll start doing this as soon as I finish my last two blogs about the revision in Digimon Franchise (In fact it's not exactly a revision, just an explanation of one of the most obscure concepts of the franchise).

Metal Sonic was made to be exactly like Sonic and overpowered him and Scourge in several occasions, so he scales. The others can scale to the Silver vs Enerjack Island feat.

I think most of the cast should be 4-B because they have traded blows with Sonic consistantly otherwise there's going to alot of PIS battles if everyone else is under 6-C.

Which I honestly still don't think it is tbh but that's besides the point since there's like no other feat remotely tier 4 for base Sonic

Sonic disrupted space-time on 3 occasions,The Ultimate Annihilator,The Cosmic Interstate,& The Quantum Dial, they're high ends not outliers.

It's one thing to have consistent feats. But this is literally the only Tier 4 feat Sonic performs EVER. And is almost ALWAYS depicted at much lower levels. And considering how literally everyone and their mother scales to him, it seems ridiculous to have to make every single character 4-B and seems more believable to simply count the feat as an outlier.

It also seems needlessly complicated to give Sonic seperate speeds depending on how fast he is going. The energy would still apply to him directly regardless, or we'd have to start seperating all characters with KE feats based on how fast they are at the moment.

Also, Sonic's move with the Egg Beater is Tier 7 at best.

And also the comic makes it clear only Robotnik could be harmed by the Annihilator since it's said it was reprogrammed to only affect those with his bio signature

AD INFINITUM 444 said:
Sonic disrupted space-time on 3 occasions,The Ultimate Annihilator,The Cosmic Interstate,& The Quantum Dial, they're high ends not outliers.
Um, yes they are. Otherwise he'd be High 3-A.

Time space manipulation by itself isn't really quantifiable and several of those feats for Sonic are questionable at best heck one of them is just a speed feat only and again Annihilator feat isn't legit it was taken out of context

If we have the idea of the level required for this, then it is qualifiable. If a character rewrites the space-time of a universe then we can clearly consider it to be a Low-2-C feat.

So if a rupture in space-time is described as being able to destroy the Solar System, then we can consider it to be Tier 4.

Executor N0 said:
So if a rupture in space-time is described as being able to destroy the Solar System, then we can consider it to be Tier 4.

That same rupture affected the entire universe as stated in the above scan.

Point is several of this feats are very debatable and seem like outliers regardless is what Teen is saying

That being said I could argue Sonic being High 3-A for disrupting a continuum,Super Sonic beatings,Super Scourge beatings,Enerjak beatings,Cal & Al beatings,Master Mogul beatings Or 10-B for getting handcuffed,for getting KO'ed by weights,for getting threatend by spears,getting captured by soldiers, etc. defining which of these in the spectrum makes sense is once again arbitrary.

When you say Super Sonic beatings, are you referring to when Sonic fought the Super Sonic created by the Red Chaos Emeralds AD?

@Hst master

Yes.The Emeralds are all equal as shown in the Great Harmony,the Red ones just had the abillity to make Sonic & Super Sonic different entities so he shouldn't be any weaker than green emerald Super Sonic.

He didn't defeat him, he kept pace for a moment then got stomped

He was only saved because the Chaos Energy powering Super Sonic ran out

If we take Red Chaos Super Sonic's feats at face value base Sonic would be in the moon to small planet ranges for tackling him & tanking some attacks from him.

Base Sonic is Tier 4. It's been proven quite a few times. These are high end feats and Sonic is a comic, and comics are known to showcase pitiful and highest showings of characters. If he gets downgraded, then so would people from many other verses where they only have one or a few high end feats that places them so high.

I don't have a problem with scaling his base to Post Genesis Sonic though, since they're roughly the same character (his memories and backstory just changed). But my point still stands about this "outlier" nonsense being thrown around.

Back