• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bambu Watches Anime: Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with Kaguya-Sama: Love is War for romance/comedy/psychology. The president and vice president of a student council hold feelings for each other and suspects that the other has a crush on them, but they are too prideful to admit it; the one who confesses first loses. Fun cast of characters and hilarious comedy.

Some more suggestions:

Akudama Drive (Cyberpunk/Action/Mystery): A girl gets stuck with a group of most wanted criminals, pretending to be a criminal herself to survive, and is recruited for a heist in a dystopian cyberpunk city. Suicide Squad feels with great action, very creative world building, and great character development.

Black Lagoon (Action/Adventure): A salaryman is kidnapped by a crew of pirates/mercenaries and is stuck with them, as the crew makes friends and enemies with various criminal organization. Great charactter development.

Great Pretender (Psychology/Adventure): A con artist joins a crew of high-profile con artists and finds himself in over his head, as they try to swindle dangerous and scheming criminals in creative ways. Divided into multiple cases that takes place in different cities around the world.

Hellsing Ultimate (Action/Horror): Amazing over the top adventure of the badass vampire, Alucard, who hunts other vampires. There is a Devil May Cry anime but this is better.

Shoujo Kageki reveue Starlight: An underrated anime and another bushiroad project after Love Live!, Bang Dream!, and D4DJ, an Opera drama themed series. Earlier episode might be confusing and made you wanted to drop, but if you can holded up, after earlier episode this anime would turned into gold

D4DJ: The newest series/projecy from Bushiroad and now its DJ themed! Each episodes would keep better and better, even if you didn't interested with DJ genre, the anime can explain it in better way and made it enjoyable. And more so its has a official episode in youtube so better check it out

Bloom into You/Yagete Kimi Naru: Don't let the yuri trope discourage you to watch this masterpiece, it might be yuri anime but boi did i told you the romantic vibe in this anime was really fricking good that it made other generic romance animes put in shame? Really good chars, awesome development, and the romance atmosphere is so good as i said above, made this anime a masterpiece, its enjoyable for yuri fan or non yuri fan because the romance vibe/atmosphere it got

Gentlemen

I have one for your consideration, should you know of it

What is the consensus of one "Knights of Sidonia"

I've seen approximately ten seconds of it, and it looks genuinely cool.

I have come to announce that I did watch my anime for the year

Neon Genesis Evangelion

don't really understand it yet. gonna watch the movie.

I'm not gonna read manga. Can't stand the format. This is strictly for suggesting anime to watch, since I've made it a tradition to only watch one a year. This year's was Neon Genesis.

I'm not gonna read manga. Can't stand the format. This is strictly for suggesting anime to watch, since I've made it a tradition to only watch one a year. This year's was Neon Genesis.
Neon Genesis is a good choice, even if personally I don't find it to be a masterpiece like some people do but it's good regardless, and Hideki Anno directed Shin Godzilla which definitely has some of that Neon Genesis to it

Also I know this is redundant, but if you want a future anime to watch I'd give Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo a watch.
It's definitely over the top nonsensical and silly, but it's why I love it and if you want something that'd drive you insane mentally with its antics then this is one of your best bets

If you want anime that manages to somehow be pretty & 3D at the same time, give Land of the Lustrous a try.

there'll be another suggestions thread next year some time for the next anime I watch. Thanks for the suggestions, lads. Was a much tougher call than last year.

why bump

I watched the thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back