• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle between the World's Strongest Right-Hand Men (One Piece)

Eminiteable

He/Him
Marco "The Phoenix" VS King "The Wildfire"
Always wanted to see who would have won between these two had their fight been a fair 1v1.
Starting Distance: 30 meters​
Both in-character​
No outside interference like the canon fight​
Marco: 9 (Kachon123, KingTempest, RoronoaxRobin, TheMonkeMan, Popted2, CiscoTheSoto, StrawHatArslan, ManusiaBiasaAja, MonkeyOfLife)
King: 8 (Eseseso, WrongIdea21, KlinkyGrape, Eminiteable, PsychoWarper, TauanVictor, ZoroNotZolo, Soma_King)
Inconclusive: 1 (Nierre)

epwWgPh.png
0lLkJHt.png

Last edited:
Voting Marco.

Even though they have like the exact same stats, healing would allow him to outlast King. Undying Thistle would also be able to tank any attacks King dishes out.

If King resorts to turning his flame off to outspeed Marco, Marco could easily pull a Zoro and catch him.

Im also voting for Marco due to regeneration allowing Marco to outlast, thei will be a long fighter between two defensive power houses but I think Marco eventually takes it.

Marco can avoid his hits and play keep-away.
A valid counter, but their speed & Kenbunshoku are equal so both either can do that to each other or are unable due to being so comparable. But if he does play keep away I'm not sure how he's meant to outlast King here with his regeneration.

A valid counter, but their speed & Kenbunshoku are equal so both either can do that to each other or are unable due to being so comparable. But if he does play keep away I'm not sure how he's meant to outlast King here with his regeneration.
Undying Thistle and attacks such as Bluebird.

Undying Thistle and attacks such as Bluebird.
Undying thistle would definitely block out any attacks from King, but, at the same time this doesn't seem like an attack he can spam and would probably serve to outlast him first if he did try to spam it.

Blue bird also seems like a big attack from Marco which would outlast him if he spammed it, but on top of that King was shown to tank it in Base form with no notable damage.

It did some pretty noticeable knockback. Also, when King turns his flame off, that would do pretty good damage to him.
For sure, and if he decides to un-ignite his flame it would damage him. But determining whether or not he'd turn it off is important, in the canon fight we don't see him turn it off once while against Zoro he did it every so often, my opinion on why he choose to un-ignite against Zoro is due to him blocking his fatal blows with his swords while Marco most the time just took those the hits occasionally relying on a shield.

King throughout the fight (sort of similar to the canon encounter in 1005) could keep pressure on Marco from a distance with his barrage of flame bullets and if he's at a distance with his flame off he can use imperial deep pride stake imbued with buso which would deal serious damage.

Last edited:
Going to need better reasoning than that, he doesn't spam that move similar to how Law doesn't spam curtain.

I mean, also because I think I heard he counters King's flames and his healing and down regeneration combined are literally the best in the series, Admirals ( who aren't the strongest characters in the series but still in like the top 20 so.. ) had to put seastone on him to permanently hurt him. Marco is simply too busted lol. Plus he scarred Queen on the face with a kick

also because I think I heard he counters King's flames
He doesn't, at least no one in the thread has brought up a counter for them yet other than assuming he'd turn them off like against Zoro.
his healing and down regeneration combined are literally the best in the series
His regeneration is great but it's also countered by Haki, which even King showed in their canon battle considering the bruises/blood on his body & the few times he didn't have a wing anymore.

Last edited:
Voting marco, he king was nowhere to be found in 1007, while marco was choking his fellow calamtiy, implying he was down for a little bit

The anime clarifies he wasn't.
The anime isn't the manga. if you want to use anime then that means marco didn't make king and queen bleed. Also the anime did clarify king was down. And once again in the latest episode, he was nowhere to be found implying he was down again.

Voting King due to Haki being able to hurt Marco, plus his Zoan/Hybrid Form giving him superior AP from what I can tell.

Not to mention he has fire of his own, and his durability is absurd.

He's literally tougher than Zoan Kaido due to tanking without damage the same Enma unleashed that cut Kaido's scales, not sure if Marco can get past that.

So you can put me down for King, @Eminiteable

Last edited:
Perhaps to an extent but im uncertain how much, we did see Marco go against Queen and Kind but obviously that can only apply here so much.
With Queen I think it's a limitation due to his technology being seperate from himself. Like his lasers and bullets aren't derived from himself so applying haki would be impossible.

His cyborg arm is attached to his main body so applying haki to that is possible similar to a weapon.

With Queen I think it's a limitation due to his technology being seperate from himself. Like his lasers and bullets aren't derived from himself so applying haki would be impossible.

His cyborg arm is attached to his main body so applying haki to that is possible similar to a weapon.
Hmm fair

In terms of level he's Intermediate which is the same as Marco & Garp. In terms of Potency he was initially superior to Zoro who has pretty good feats.
Fair enough, im definitely uncertain as they overall seem to be of a comparable level but Marco has the regen while King has the durability. However King can at least mitigate the regen via his haki.

If Marco can get King to drop the flame I think he can win but if I can’t I think King might take this.

Fair enough, im definitely uncertain as they overall seem to be of a comparable level but Marco has the regen while King has the durability. However King can at least mitigate the regen via his haki.

If Marco can get King to drop the flame I think he can win but if I can’t I think King might take this.
I mean, King likely has the AP advantage when using both Zoan/Hybrid and Buso, not to mention his Zoan form should make him faster than Marco, so he could just not need to drop the flame.

Voting King.

Canon show Marco got sliced by King without like a Butter, Marco Regen. Haki Negate Regen, Marco Will keep regen and lost his stamina.
Marco Attacked King with Blue Bird, No damage from your bozo.
King Attacked Marco with Flames, Marco absorb. King use Flaming wings which is like Magma, Marco can't Absorb it. But king can take damage if he use that. Without his Flame on his back they're still on the same Value with Marco's AP.

King have Durability Advantage, Speed Amps and more Skilled and more versatile.

Base King =< Zoan/Hybrid Marco (although Base King did tank a Bluebird from Marco so durability wise Base King = Zoan/Hybrid Marco)

Thus, Zoan/Hybrid King should be >= Zoan/Hybrid Marco in AP, and this is without taking into account his Buso Haki and his monstrous durability that is literally above Zoan Kaido himself (with flames on, at least).

Even if Marco gets him to remove his flames, his Zoan status means that his durability will still scale above his AP.

Marco has the skill ad stamina to survive against both King and Queen.

Although Marco is someone who can get his regen restricted with Haki, King isn't someone who spams Haki, shown by how he didn't use Buso against Marco. Question of character.

Marco is strong enough to put King on the ropes, and can take lasers piercing his body and easily regenerating back. His pain tolerance is ridiculous.

Marco can also leave a notable effect on base King, so idky everyone's scaling base King to amped Marco.

Marco is also smart enough to notice King's ability, and he potentially has prior knowledge on Lunarians as well.

King is more skilled, but his flames lack the heat to harm Marco, and his swordsmanship can be kept up with with Marco's natural abilities.

Marco also has superior lifting strength, so that's a bonus.

Voting Marco

Marco has the skill ad stamina to survive against both King and Queen.

Although Marco is someone who can get his regen restricted with Haki, King isn't someone who spams Haki, shown by how he didn't use Buso against Marco. Question of character.

Marco is strong enough to put King on the ropes, and can take lasers piercing his body and easily regenerating back. His pain tolerance is ridiculous.

Marco can also leave a notable effect on base King, so idky everyone's scaling base King to amped Marco.

Marco is also smart enough to notice King's ability, and he potentially has prior knowledge on Lunarians as well.

King is more skilled, but his flames lack the heat to harm Marco, and his swordsmanship can be kept up with with Marco's natural abilities.

Marco also has superior lifting strength, so that's a bonus.

Voting Marco
True

He almost always use Buso when he Fought Zoro. King didn't use Buso mean he underestimate Marco , Isn't?
Bro Marco kicked Queen in the face and clawed him,why would King not take him seriously? Although King did seem to underestimate Aramaki by seemingly starting out in base form to fight him. Either that or he was pissed because yet another person saw him without his mask on and was too angry to fight cautiously,but I doubt he cares about the whole mask thing anymore plus it's not like they knew Aramaki had dehydration hax.

Bro Marco kicked Queen in the face and clawed him,why would King not take him seriously? Although King did seem to underestimate Aramaki by seemingly starting out in base form to fight him. Either that or he was pissed because yet another person saw him without his mask on and was too angry to fight cautiously,but I doubt he cares about the whole mask thing anymore plus it's not like they knew Aramaki had dehydration hax.
Why is that relevant

Back