• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Battle of the Fatties: Big the Cat vs Guzzlord [CONCLUDED]

Okay.

Guzzlord has higher AP and can defeat Tapu Fini despite dragon type ineffective against fairy type and Tapu Fini has high intelligence. So Big the Cat being actually smarter than normies think does not really help.

Pokemon Johnny Cage wins Sonic Captain Falcon FRA and my reasons.

Not that I disagree with the votes right now (More a lack of a stance, although I don't know Big that well, & Guzzlord isn't in that favorable a position, but....)

1. What statistical values is Big scaled to now?

2. What actual reasons are you folks For the Reasons Aboveing? The above in the thread has been discussion of Big's equipment, behaviour & intelligence. Also, he lacks a lot of his usual abilities this match due to being limited to his Fishing Rod & Wisps.

So I'm not sure what actual case is being made for Big here.

And while Wisps might provide a win condition, Big figuring out which is most likely to work right away isn't guaranteed. Not to mention, those with large enough range can be blocked by Wide Guard.

Guzzlord can also negate at least some of Big's inherent abilities via Gastro Acid, supposing it hits. (And there isn't much reason for him to dodge if he thinks he can survive it, other than it being a gastrointestinal attack.)

There's also the fact that Guzzlord has Wring Out, which is stronger the greater a proportion of its target's stamina is remaining.

Crunch & Iron Tail can lower Big's durability, Stockpile can boost Guzzlord's own, Swallow lets it heal by giving up its current Stockpile buffs, Bite & Steamroller can flinch Big if they hit, Dragon Tail might be able to BFR if it could send Big far enough or to the right location....

And also, Guzzlord has much higher Lifting Strength than Big, so it can probably hold him in place & repeatedly bite him, or just toss him away, such as into space.

Big is heavily upscales from 1.4 Yottatons, and I already explaneid why Big would know which Wisp to use, he knows each of them plus they could just tell him since he can even understand frogs

All of those moves are cool, but Big can counter them with Wisps and higher AP, plus Big has a pretty high pain tolerance

Guzzlord Casually scales to 717 Zettatons https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3173291#63

1 Yottaton is 1,000 Zettatons, right? And "way above" would be over 10 times, right? So at a minimum, let's say 10,000 Zettatons/10 Yottatons, effectively.

10,000 / 717 = 13.9470014

Are we sure it's fair if Big is nearly 14 times stronger? And I'm doubtful that casually scaling to Zygarde gives Guzzlord say, 5 times the feat's yield (Wasn't it a portion per Pokemon anyway?) but.... 3,585 Zt means Big is still about 2.789 times stronger.

Statistics aside, higher AP won't prevent Big from being thrown into space, especially if his limbs are held in place.

Big can understand Frogs, but since when could he understand Wisps? Last I knew, Sonic & Tails couldn't understand Wisp speech without a translator, & while the Wisps know their own abilities, they don't know Guzzlord's.

Also, if Gastro Acid hits a Wisp, it would nullify the Wisp's own abilities, & this could potentially also apply against forms taken via Wisps. It is able to affect Ghost types, so I'm not sure if Intangibility guarantees immunity.

I'm not sure why AP would nullify Wide Guard when, AFAIK, it hasn't shown a limitation against power, & depending on interpretation, the difference could be as low as 3 times.

What are the basis(es) of Big's pain tolerance? I can't find anything about pain in ANY of his powers & abilities, & his stamina only says:

Stamina: Very high due to his big body.

Not to mention he only has his Fishing Rod & Wisps, so it's not pain tolerance via equipment, I assume.

(Also, maybe this doesn't invalidate it, but Guzzlord has a pretty big body, too, & I don't see anything about that in its -admittedly, sparce- stamina section, & Guzzlord is much bigger than Big the Cat, at 18'01"/5.5 meters in height.)

(Also, I'm not even sure which Wisps were specified for the numerous FRAs, & I'm also pretty sure a lot of "For the Reasons Above" were made before Big having higher AP was a thing for this match. So which Wisps? And if they didn't have any in mind & they weren't voting based on AP....)

The Wisps could just use signs, plus Big knows which they do, I could say the same about Guzzlord not knowing which move of his to use as well, plus Big is invulnarable when using a Wisp

The pain tolerance comes from Chronicles

Guzzlord has had a lot more experience with his moves than Big has with his wisps. The gap between them isn't much, given how casual the 717 zettaton feat is, but Big definitely has the advantage now.

The characters also heavily upscale from the emerald feat via fighting Chaos 4, while the 1.4 Yottatons os from one emerald

Theuser789 said:
The Wisps could just use signs, plus Big knows which they do, I could say the same about Guzzlord not knowing which move of his to use as well, plus Big is invulnarable when using a Wisp
The pain tolerance comes from Chronicles
Pain tolerance from Chronicles? Could you give the quote or feat? I couldn't find it on his profile.

Also, yeah, Guzzlord probably would have more experience, due to naturally battling a lot, & constantly seeking to eat, presumably including other Pokemon, & Guzzlord having fought at least one Legendary.

How does Big know sign language?

We also get into the issue of that either might think to use it to communicate (One who doesn't know better or doesn't know about the language barrier could think they just misheard.), or even that they'd intuit the intended meaning of the symbols/gestures.

Any idea how heavily do they upscale for fighting Chaos 4? 10 times the yield? Is Chaos 4 equal to the power of 4 Chaos Emeralds?

I didn't mean sign language, but from expressions, Big is good into reading people and animals outside of just dialogue, and they are friends so there isn't much problem.

Big has invulnerability time three in Chronicles, plus a attack that says that increases his pain tolerance, if you rechearse Big's pow moves you will probaly find it.

Yes, Chaos 4, has four emeralds, but it's not linear increase so it's only unquantifiable above one

He isn't using that pain tolerance attack constantly, is he, though? And being more durable doesn't necessarily mean greater pain tolerance, but rather, harder to damage.

And if the Chaos Emeralds have been quantified before, why shouldn't 4 Chaos Emeralds equal 4 times the power?

Back