• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach- PTS Speed Downgrade

No dude.

How it works.

Light hits surface, reflection happens. But somke like that means the light was absorbed on the material purely as heat
A laser is created when the electrons in atoms in special glasses, crystals, or gases absorb energy from an electrical current or another laser and become “excited.” The excited electrons move from a lower-energy orbit to a higher-energy orbit around the atom's nucleus.

Light contains no atoms. Lasers do.

Atomic mass is defined as the number of protons and neutrons in an atom, where each proton and neutron has a mass of approximately 1 amu (1.0073 and 1.0087, respectively). The electrons within an atom are so miniscule compared to protons and neutrons that their mass is negligible.

Perhaps timing seems odd, but i've wanted to do this for a while. Waited till my prior crts were finished first. I want to establish two things

1. im ok with mftl if the feats/calc are viable

2. i tried salvaging uni bleach at one point. got ignored

I have no "downgrade mentality" or whatever regarding the verse
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that the timing couldn't be worse so everyone is angry or at least confused. A lot of people even left the site because of what's been happening recently

Can somebody link the old thread and provide a summary of what points were discussed earlier and what are the new points being discussed here.

@Antvasima, I’m not sorry for what I said to Damage at all, but I was definitely more toxic than I should’ve been so Damage I wish I would’ve worded it better man. But I agree it shouldn’t have been said on this thread.

@Cyber, I also appreciate your honesty but you coulda waited a little while for the god tier thread to be settled lol, sorry that I’ve been lashing out at you, it’s not fair for me to be criticizing in a personal way, all the points your making For the beam.

A laser is created when the electrons in atoms in special glasses, crystals, or gases absorb energy from an electrical current or another laser and become “excited.” The excited electrons move from a lower-energy orbit to a higher-energy orbit around the atom's nucleus.

Light contains no atoms. Lasers do.

Atomic mass is defined as the number of protons and neutrons in an atom, where each proton and neutron has a mass of approximately 1 amu (1.0073 and 1.0087, respectively). The electrons within an atom are so miniscule compared to protons and neutrons that their mass is negligible.
You've pretty much shown my point. Photons haves no resting mass, and what mass they do have is so minuscule it would not cause an impact.

For photons to push you back like baseball, so much heat would neat be present it would vaporize you

You've pretty much shown my point. Photons haves no resting mass, and what mass they do have is so minuscule it would not cause an impact.

For photons to push you back like baseball, so much heat would neat be present it would vaporize you
Thanks for conceding to the laser argument.

Can somebody link the old thread and provide a summary of what points were discussed earlier and what are the new points being discussed here.
To summarize new stuff:
We signaled out there is actually a sound effect regarding the light
"turn aside" was a mistranslation
Ive brought up heat issues not explored in that thread
a different exploration as to why reflection isnt happening in this scene

Light can’t reflect on light. Their bodies are made of Reishi. And neither can it reflect on humans.
excuse me what?
Everything you are claiming for reishi light is further proving its different from the real thing, if it explodes by hitting more reishi

To summarize new stuff:
We signaled out there is actually a sound effect regarding the light
"turn aside" was a mistranslation
Ive brought up heat issues not explored in that thread
a different exploration as to why reflection isnt happening in this scene
1. already talked about on the OG thread
2. already talked on the OG thread too

all u have brought up was talked about on the old thread, the difference here is that u are using semantics

1. already talked about on the OG thread
2. already talked on the OG thread too

all u have brought up was talked about on the old thread, the difference here is that u are using semantics
For the first point, they identified it wasnt "klang"
if you actually read the crt thus far, others have accepted there is an actual sfx effect on panel. We are waiting for a translation

second is not true, no one translated that statement from the raw in the og thread. That was done here and it turned out to mean repel

Not semantics. More like actually providing citations for my claims and getting a bunch of "its fiction, ignore it" when that isnt how the standards system works

Bleach just has a poorly made world building...Literally everything is just Reishi and Kishi so when you throw actual physics in the whole thing just wrecks itself

Well, I will unsubscribe to this thread, but keep the discussion respectful and rational while I am away.

Bleach just has a poorly made world building...Literally everything is just Reishi and Kishi so when you throw actual physics in the whole thing just wrecks itself
But if we throw physics out, how can you prove anything is equal to IRL?

The novels flat out state physics applies in verse

It increased in size from its usual shape, in a 2d format stretching out. that's an expansion effect.
Like I said this is on you to prove that the beam of light expanded. Mask's beam of light has no prior showings of constantly expanding as it travels to hit the opponent. The hole in the captain's chest is proof of that. The only way that can be interpreted as is once the attack hit the sword it reflected and expanded.

Not reflecting (Art argument is pointless because has drawn reflection before
Irrelevant. These are two different feats from different angles. Just cause maybe Kubo got one right doesn't mean each and every drawing of his is made after considering physics and calculating angle of incidence as well as reflection.

Heat absorption (the smoke) means the light was absorbed on the surface as heat, which means it would not reflect anyways
Why are you assuming all of the light was absorbed?
You do know that light from the Sun warms up the atmosphere as well as the sea and land as heat is produced when it is absorbed however some of it is reflected as well. If like you claim both cannot happen then we wouldn't be able to see anything since the light bouncing off the atmosphere, land etc. would be absorbed completely. This is literally how solar panels work. Panels are exposed to sunlight and the light touching it is absorbed to generate heat converting it into energy however this does not mean all the sunlight that hits the panel will completely absorbed. If that was the case solar panels would be invisible to us lmao since the light touching the solar panels would never reach our eyes.
Even solar panels that are built with the purpose of absorbing light can't 100% absorb it.
"An untreated silicon solar cell only absorbs 67.4 percent of sunlight shone upon it — meaning that nearly one-third of that sunlight is reflected away and thus unharvestable. From an economic and efficiency perspective, this unharvested light is wasted potential and a major barrier hampering the proliferation and widespread adoption of solar power."
Source - https://phys.org/news/2008-11-solar...ar cell,reflected away and thus unharvestable.

If somebody could provide the link to the old thread, I might be able to check the original arguments regarding why it was approved to be light speed in the first place.

@Antvasima and @Damage, I know Antvasima just he’s unsubscribing from the thread, but can we get more staff to look at how legit this feat is? Because if it’s debunked and ruled as an outlier, then there’s gonna be a whole lot of downgrades and discussion based on candices lightning being slower than normal lightning and a lot of characters that would scale to it.

Whether the feat matches the requirements for lasers/light beams and whether the feat is an outlier are two separate discussions.

I'll drop the outlier point here, because I have my own objections to some of the current scaling that could affect that.

Like I said this is on you to prove that the beam of light expanded. Mask's beam of light has no prior showings of constantly expanding as it travels to hit the opponent. The hole in the captain's chest is proof of that. The only way that can be interpreted as is once the attack hit the sword it reflected and expanded.

Irrelevant. These are two different feats from different angles. Just cause maybe Kubo got one right doesn't mean each and every drawing of his is made after considering physics and calculating angle of incidence as well as reflection.

Why are you assuming all of the light was absorbed?
You do know that light from the Sun warms up the atmosphere as well as the sea and land as heat is produced when it is absorbed however some of it is reflected as well. If like you claim both cannot happen then we wouldn't be able to see anything since the light bouncing off the atmosphere, land etc. would be absorbed completely. This is literally how solar panels work. Panels are exposed to sunlight and the light touching it is absorbed to generate heat converting it into energy however this does not mean all the sunlight that hits the panel will completely absorbed. If that was the case solar panels would be invisible to us lmao since the light touching the solar panels would never reach our eyes.
Even solar panels that are built with the purpose of absorbing light can't 100% absorb it.
"An untreated silicon solar cell only absorbs 67.4 percent of sunlight shone upon it — meaning that nearly one-third of that sunlight is reflected away and thus unharvestable. From an economic and efficiency perspective, this unharvested light is wasted potential and a major barrier hampering the proliferation and widespread adoption of solar power."
Source - https://phys.org/news/2008-11-solar-power-game-changer-absorption-sunlight.html#:~:text=An untreated silicon solar cell,reflected away and thus unharvestable.
Expansion is literally from it being different from the prior star, as shown by ovy, given I've already established why it isnt reflection

the scene was to prove a point, kubo know how to depict reflection. It being at a different angle doesnt help your argument. Thge angle we are shown doesnt support reflection

The sun as comparison? The suns rays are inherently different. For one, the heat difference is notable. The beam is large, at least a few meters given renji's position. The beam hits, the blade. the star shape distorts a little. Then smoke. Reflection would have seen more of the light going of the side at an angle.

Light can’t cut or harm people either. Guess we have to remove all FL beams of light attacks from all verses now. Who is making the thread?
Lasers contain atoms which have mass. Light contains photons which do not contain mass.

Your argument was that Lasers count as LS. You are contradicting your own argument.

The debate about it is over, you conceded the moment you ignored the laser rebuttal. You don’t have an argument when you contradicted yourself.

Expansion is literally from it being different from the prior star, as shown by ovy, given I've already established why it isnt reflection
I don't see anywhere on this thread where you have established it is not a reflection. The only thing you said was the light wasn't supposed to reflect this certain way because Zabimaru has a smooth surface which was already argued against. If you have please link it to me. It being different is it being reflected. You saying that Mask's beams expand needs proof of it doing the same. No where even in his previous attacks has it been shown to expand
The angle we are shown doesnt support reflection
It does

The sun as comparison? The suns rays are inherently different. For one, the heat difference is notable. The beam is large, at least a few meters given renji's position. The beam hits, the blade. the star shape distorts a little. Then smoke. Reflection would have seen more of the light going of the side at an angle.
How is the rays from the sun inherently different from the light generated from any other star in the universe?
I brought the example of the Sun to prove that just cause heat was absorbed and smoke was present doesn't mean all the light rays were absorbed by Renji's sword. Solar panels are perfect comparison for that especially when they are exclusively made to absorb heat from light and still can only absorb 60-70% of it. The rest reflect off of it. In Renji's case some of the photons energy was converted into heat and the rest was reflected off. As simple as that. You claiming that since we see smoke and heat was generated that no light should be reflected off his sword is null.

Back