• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay this is my first real CRT (I think) so excuse me if this isn't properly formatted or whatnot:

Intelligence​

Boruto's Intelligence should be listed as Genius because:

In the Academy, Shino states that Boruto performs "exceedingly well" in school, and he's really talented. Anko even calls him a genius. Without studying nor cheating like everyone else, he got a perfect score on his final exam to graduate from the Academy and said it was easy. Even Kakashi recognized his talents, and even said that he's "a cut above the rest" and called him a "real genius". And compared his skills to a chunin.

In episode 9, Naruto states that things come too easily for Boruto and that sometimes he tends to take shortcuts because he's so good at different things.

He is also very creative with how he uses his shadow clones. He uses them as a distraction, and even against Hanabi, he creates a clone in close quarters and swings it at Hanabi, then creates a clone after being thrown in the air to push off of him to shoot at Hanabi, and then throws a kunai at Hanabi's head knowing she would dodge it so that the clone behind her would deflect the knife back at her, forcing her to dodge again. He also uses his clones ALOT to increase his speed by pushing off of each other.

He also uses his jacket for misdirection, and moves away to attack.

Team 7, most importantly Boruto, was able to trick Ao into grabbing the Chakra Sword, and stab Boruto with his own. Unbeknownst to him, he had stabbed a shadow clone, and Mitsuki came in and wrapped his arm around Ao's hand, making him hold onto and keep holding on to the blade and thus draining him of his energy enough to slow him down.

In the same chapter, Boruto uses his own chakra absorption gauntlet to cancel out Ao's, which lets his Rasengan make contact with Ao and deal significant damage to his chakra absorption gauntlet and render it useless.

Boruto also tricked Ao into thinking his clone was the real deal by putting the CAG (Chakra Absorption Gauntlet) on it, while Boruto hid underneath him and cut him nearly on two with the Chakra Blade after tricking Ao.

Boruto also effectively uses the Scientific Ninja Tools (SNT) in conjunction with his shuriken training that he learned from Sasuke, to throw a shuriken straight but not directed at Yurui and then have a Wind Style Jutsu go off and send it flying to the side. This allowed the shuriken to cut Yurui's bubble he was blowing and blow it up in his face, knocking him out.

Even in chapter 1, Boruto was able to learn three different chakra natures and summon three clones by himself, with 0 training.

He also has great chakra control shown when he was able to easily pick up the tree climbing exercise. He also states that it was super easy. (As well as Kawaki)

He also created three variants of the Rasengan. The Vanishing Rasengan, High Compression Rasengan, and Wind Style Rasengan.

Boruto created the Vanishing Rasengan, explained by Sasuke, by unconsciously applying his lightning natured chakra to his rasengan, allowing him to throw it, and it seemingly vanishes.

The High Compression Rasengan was created by condensing and compressing his rasengan to its absolute limit making it's penetration power extremely potent.

Standard Equipment​

Nothing special, but he uses some type of flashbang against Hanabi to blind her. He should also get Light Manipulation because of this as well.

Powers and Abilities​

A few things to add onto his P&A:

Summoning: He can summon Garaga, a snake. According to the wiki: "Due to his size and strength, Garaga can coil himself around his target, immobilizing them. He also spits venom that is able to petrify victims moments after contact, an ability which Aoda links to Garaga's reverse scale. He is able to camouflage himself into his surroundings to go unseen. Like many snakes, Garaga is able to detect others by their heat signature even in darkness." (Though he loses the snake after the arc, so not sure if this would be worth adding. What I do know is that if it were to be it'd be in his First Key)

Light Manipulation via Flashbang

Multiple Selves (Type 1 and 2(?) as a Host for Momoshiki)

Accelerated Development, Statistics Amplification (Can enhance his speed and physical capabilities with chakra, and further increase his statistics with Karma), Longevity (As a descendant of the Uzumaki clan, he possesses an extraordinary life-force, granting him a longer lifespan than others), his "Adept Hand-to-Hand Combat" should be changed to "Skilled" seeing how Kakashi, Anko, Hanabi, Shino, Naruto, Gaara (1,2), and Jiraiya all acknowledged his skills in learning, academia, and actual combat.

Weaknesses​

He can be very lazy at times | High Compression Rasengan greatly strains the user's arm.

For the most part these are just additions to what he already has (outside of the intelligence part which is a straight up change in rating). As for how they'll be organized onto his page idrk, I'll leave it up to those who know how it works and whatnot.

If ya'll have anything else you want to add or remove just lmk so I can edit this..

I also plan on making more additions for Sarada, Mitsuki and Kawaki sometime in the future so look out for those..

Last edited:
Forgot to mention-

Sorry that this isn't very organized as well.. I was kinda off and on with this cause I was busy

Any criticism and feedback on how to make it look more organized and easier to read is appreciated so I can improve myself 🫂

I think we treat Academy Arcs as canon
Are there any major arcs in the anime that aren't in the manga? (outside of the time travel arc)

Cause I'm hoping that these evidences that I brought up won't only go to one profile, but instead both...

We gave Genius for Sasuke and Neji for much less than this.
Oh, so we're gonna give him the "Gifted normally and Genius in combat" like Sasuke and Naruto, right? I thought we are giving him the Genius rating overall.

From what I can tell, only Academy Days Arc and maaaybe the School Trip Arc
It seems that the School trip arc might actually be manga canon as it was directly referenced.

https://zjcdn.********.me/store/manga/19939/017.0/compressed/c032.jpg?token=8ccfbe57e445f16cc5dc130739c555db1e4c9f2f&ttl=1646496000

I disagree with Genius, those feats are "Gifted". The fact we gave Neji and Sasuke "Genius" because of less is a non-factor, that just means a CRT to nerf their intelligence is needed, it's just underestimating what a Genius truly is, examples being able to do a billion outcomes in their head, or predict multiple outcomes due to sheer skill or manage to get themself out of a unpredictable near-impossible-to-survive situation due to sheer skill, learning martial or special abilities that takes years of mastery in an art the character doesn't even have in seconds (Like Goku performing a Kamehameha without knowing how to use Ki by looking at it), and much extreme situations is what a Genius is capable of.
None of these feats accomplish that, not even close.

Genius Intelligence: [...] There are many levels of genius, as well, detailed on the intelligence page; a regular genius, on the level of those that exist in the real world, is generally limited to a few areas of expertise, while fictional individuals of greater intellects may be masters of many, if not all fields of science and even strategy as well.

Gifted: Character that demonstrate high reasoning ability, can master concepts with few repetitions, and display high performance capability in intellectual, creative, or specific academic fields.

Gifted is far preferable.

He should get Genius level rating. Sure he has no academical achievements like Orochimaru / Tsunade but :
Academy tests are far more difficult in the current era because they are far more theory based than previous exam due to peace and all that sh*t.

He got a perfect score without studying. Anyone who knows people with IQ's above 140 knows that even those people need to invest even a little bit of time.
Boruto's feat surpasses the feats of any base line 140 IQ Person since he solved an exam purely on fluid Intelligence with little ressources of knowledge in contrary to people like Sakura who achieve great scores BECAUSE THEY STUDY SO MUCH and acquire tons of knowledge which helps them solve exam questions ( Crystalline intelligence).

Second point: Shikadai, a confirmed genius, needed to work with Shikamaru to work on a Counter-Strategy against Boruto.
Nara Clan members have IQs in the 200 range. For them to work together to create strategy wouldn't make sense if Boruto is below an IQ of 140.

His strategy skills also forced Kakashi to use Genjutsu , against which no academy student has any defense. He put up a better fight than entire team 7 against Kakashi in the same exam. He is certainly smarter than Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura.

Academy tests are far more difficult in the current era because they are far more theory based than previous exam due to peace and all that sh*t.

He got a perfect score without studying. Anyone who knows people with IQ's above 140 knows that even those people need to invest even a little bit of time.
Or, and get this:
He already knew most of the information on the test, something people with a 140 IQ often do in earlier classes! Or even less, mine is 120, and even I used to get a perfect score without studying in my earlier classes.
Boruto's feat surpasses the feats of any base line 140 IQ Person since he solved an exam purely on fluid Intelligence with little ressources of knowledge in contrary to people like Sakura who achieve great scores BECAUSE THEY STUDY SO MUCH ( Crystalline intelligence).
That's not Genius intelligence, as we do not know the exact contents of the exam, and the academics of Boruto's intelligence prior.
Second point: Shikadai, a confirmed genius, needed to work with Shikamaru to work on a Counter-Strategy against Boruto.
Inexperienced Genius needs experienced Genius to make a strategy against a gifted and far more talented kid whose abilities he isn't quite aware of.

That doesn't prove Boruto is a genius, it just proves he is more skilled than Shikadai, who is NOT a Genius in skill, but in strategy.

Like I said idrc which one as long as "above average" is off his page

anyway this is on hold until the profiles are split

Can enhance his speed and physical capabilities with chakra, and further increase his statistics with Karma
Do you have a scan for that?
Nothing special, but he uses some type of flashbang against Hanabi to blind her
and for a bit of advice I guess no one cares about

The "Nothing special" section you don't need to change it to a URL too

Last edited:
examples being able to do a billion outcomes in their head, or predict multiple outcomes due to sheer skill or manage to get themself out of a unpredictable near-impossible-to-survive situation due to sheer skill, learning martial or special abilities that takes years of mastery in an art the character doesn't even have in seconds

I would argue that the Ao fight fits this description quite well as extremely high level of deduction and planning was used to outwit a seasoned veteren throughout the fight. Despite being thoroughly outclassed in virtually every department.

Being able to perform comparably to expert professionals in their own field at such an early age is often a trait associated with wonderchild-like prospects aswell.

0021-034.png
0021-039.png

0021-040.png
0021-041.png

I think that Boruto is a genius, since everything they said in this post is correct and in fact it is true, although of course there is the meme that says(me dicen dai)

which is more or less like this: How is it possible that without training, and without preparation, the entire current generation is superior to the previous generation in his kid version. in fact that's kind of funny, because literally some characters seem nerfed, when they are not, the enemies are simply powerful or have powerful abilities.

Okay. I'll add these stuff then.

But also since the Intelligence Page has been redone, I'm pretty sure Boruto only qualifies for Above Average.. which is what he currently has x.x

I guess I could go in depth a bit, but that's pretty disappointing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back