• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can Cosmic Fear startle a Man of Steel?

Sundipped Superman can move so fast that characters comparable in speed to him gets completely blitzed.
Yeah, we unfortunately, he'd be moving from the sun, and Garou would simply copy his speed like he did to Saitama's punch (which was far above a normal blitz above him), and then time travel.

Yeah, we unfortunately, he'd be moving from the sun, and Garou would simply copy his speed like he did to Saitama's punch (which was far above a normal blitz above him), and then time travel.
Can he even fly after Supes? And again, the time travel thing is not something Garou has used in an actual fight, even if he can use it at his disposal, nor do we know if it's something he would use in character against an opponent.

Plus why would he even use it against Superman? It made sense against GOD, because GOD was an overwhelming entity he had no chance of beating, same can't be said for Superman.

My point is that Garou by this point fights with a "I don't care if they live or die. If they die, they die" attitude. He isn't actively trying to kill them, but he doesn't give a shit if they die anyway, that serves his ultimate goal all the same.
He states that by making people instant-die he was getting closer to his goal. That means he sees killing the heroes as a way of becoming a true symbol of fear.

I completely disagree that he wasn't intending to kill. We see directly with Genos that he is very much bloodthirsty. His whole purpose is to annihilate the associations.

He's used it in as a defensive move against characters like Doomsday
I mean that doesn't really answer my question and also doesn't address the point about portal teleportation.

Also, is it confirmed that the sun being destroyed would amp Superman to 2-C as well?

He states that by making people instant-die he was getting closer to his goal. That means he sees killing the heroes as a way of becoming a true symbol of fear.

I completely disagree that he wasn't intending to kill. We see directly with Genos that he is very much bloodthirsty. His whole purpose is to annihilate the associations.
I feel like we're just going in circles so I'll just drop this.

I mean that doesn't really answer my question and also doesn't address the point about portal teleportation.

Also, is it confirmed that the sun being destroyed would amp Superman to 2-C as well?
Superman has used it as a way to dodge attacks before, and if faced with an opponent stronger than him, I don't see why Superman wouldn't bother using phasing to dodge his attack. About the portal thing, I'm assuming you mean Garou would just open the portal in front of him, in which for that, Superman should just be able to manuever around the portal.

I've never heard of that so idk.

Superman has used it as a way to dodge attacks before, and if faced with an opponent stronger than him, I don't see why Superman wouldn't bother using phasing to dodge his attack. About the portal thing, I'm assuming you mean Garou would just open the portal in front of him, in which for that, Superman should just be able to manuever around the portal.
The only way he'd be able to out maneuver around the portal is if he had significantly faster reactions than Garou, which has been addressed the on the thread before. Their reactions would be equalized at best. And at worst Garou actually has far better reactions since he can react to things that blitz him. Such as reacting to Saitama's MFTL serious punch while being vaguely above FTL speed.

I've never heard of that so idk.
Well Garou's in-character move wouldn't just be letting Superman take power from the Sun for however long. He'd most likely end up destroying it.

It's also useful to mention Garou can sense the flow of energy in the universe and is also an extraordinary genius. I would argue he'd figure out Superman's strategy immediately based on that.

wouldn't just be letting Superman take power from the Sun for however long.
The sundip thing doesn't take that long iirc, plus, if the sun were to explode, Superman should still be able to absorb that energy.

And at worst Garou actually has far better reactions since he can react to things that blitz him. Such as reacting to Saitama's MFTL serious punch while being vaguely above FTL speed.
Wasn't Saitama only moving at At least FTL speed, like it was agreed Saitama wasn't moving at MFTL speeds during that scene, it's why their MFTL reaction speed for regular cosmic Garou and Blast were removed.

The sundip thing doesn't take that long iirc, plus, if the sun were to explode, Superman should still be able to absorb that energy.
How much energy, though? And do you have proof of that?

Destroying the sun takes even less time and it would definitely be Garou's move.

Wasn't Saitama only moving at At least FTL speed, like it was agreed Saitama wasn't moving at MFTL speeds during that scene, it's why their MFTL reaction speed for regular cosmic Garou and Blast were removed.
I don't really agree with that, but even if that was the case, it doesn't change them having equal reactions.

How much energy, though? And do you have proof of that?
It's solar energy, something he should logically just be able to absorb. As for how much, there really isn't a stated limit to it, but considering just small amounts was able to amp him up a hundred fold, absorbing a lot more than that would make him even stronger.

It's solar energy, something he should logically just be able to absorb. As for how much, there really isn't a stated limit to it, but considering just small amounts was able to amp him up a hundred fold, absorbing a lot more than that would make him even stronger.
What's the range of his absorption? The sun exploding would scatter the energy across Interplanetary distances about instantaneously.

What's the range of his absorption? The sun exploding would scatter the energy across Interplanetary distances about instantaneously.
I mean, he's constantly absorbing energy even from the earth, it's just the closer he gets, the better it gets, even just going up to the upper atmosphere is a boost.
idk, blowing up a sun so he's completely engulfed in it just screams very bad idea.

Voting on this single win-con (Dipping in the sun is Superman's only chance) that Garou can prevent easily via portal spam is pretty odd.

Garou: 9: Phoenks, The_one_you_least_expect (Voted before any discussion), TaiwaneseScaler, LordGinSama (He thinks it's a stomp for Garou), Recon, Coomander, Kachon, Tural2004, TauanVictor,
Superman: 6: Qawsed (Voted to go against the consensus), Bastolan27, Emirp sumitpo, Serlock, Gilver, Maverick

Grace has passed. Garou wins 9-6.

i thought this was gonna be a stomp for garou but after reading the comments im leaning towards supes
You're leading towards supes for a single win-con that involves him leaving the battlefield?

Man, this is why I really hate matches sometimes.
People need to understand that Superman having possible ways he could win doesn't mean he overall wins the fight.

And even if they are possibilities, we also have to gauge how likely they are to even happen before Garou simply punches him to death.

If he does that, and he will because his composited martial art is his main thing, then Superman is pretty much dead right off that bat. He has no way to avoid being omnidirectionally bombarded by Garou's portal spam and immense skill advantage.

You're leading towards supes for a single win-con that involves him leaving the battlefield?

Man, this is why I really hate matches sometimes.
superman will notice hes getting overpowered and has no choice but to sundip

and then garou destroys the sun and ends up getting 1 shotted instead

superman will notice hes getting overpowered and has no choice but to sundip
Superman will not be able to leave 9/10 times lmfao. Garou has nigh-instantaneous attacks with portal spam and speed is equalized.

Superman will not be able to leave 9/10 times lmfao. Garou has nigh-instantaneous attacks with portal spam and speed is equalized.
are you talking about the portal spamming martial arts thing?
His go to actions were to copy techniques and then the person if it wasn't enough. For Saitama he had an entire fight with him before he went to copying, because he wanted to show his martial skill. I don't see why his character would change here, because the situation is basically the same. They're of comparable power and Garou's martial arts would actually be effective here, which would push out the need for copying in my view.

are you talking about the portal spamming martial arts thing?
His go to actions were to copy techniques and then the person if it wasn't enough. For Saitama he had an entire fight with him before he went to copying, because he wanted to show his martial skill. I don't see why his character would change here, because the situation is basically the same. They're of comparable power and Garou's martial arts would actually be effective here, which would push out the need for copying in my view.
His go-to action was to copy Saitama's strength because that was the way to beat Saitama.

Here, he already has Saitama's strength and has no reason to copy Superman because he's stronger and more skilled than him.

He would immediately portal spam his martial arts because that is what he did the moment he gained Saitama's strength.

They're of comparable power and Garou's martial arts would actually be effective here, which would push out the need for copying in my view.

So you are literally agreeing with what I'm saying? He's not gonna have a need to copy Superman. He'd just bombard him with unavoidable portal martial art attacks until he's dead. Superman isn't Saitama here. He doesn't have same crazy speed advantage so he can't perform a "omnidirectional serious punch."

Hell, even if he did Garou's move after that was just portal martial arts + copy.

And that's all he needs to win the battle.

Why can't supes just phase to get away? Garou lacks NPI.
Portals can transport Superman wherever Garou wants. His phasing involves shaking his molecules around to bypass matter. That wouldn't prevent the molecules from being spatially transported, however.

Is that it? So no real counter to phasing? What's stopping Supes from just not giving a ****, staying phased, and luring the fight, little by little into the upper atmosphere, space, and so on?
Supes isn't dumb, he's fully capable of just subtly causing the fight to shift if when he tries to dip, Garou portals him back (for some reason?) and if Garou can't even hit him, he has all the time in the world. Hell if anything, just outlast Garou, he has the stamina to do so unironically.

Is that it? So no real counter to phasing? What's stopping Supes from just not giving a ****, staying phased, and luring the fight, little by little into the upper atmosphere, space, and so on?
Supes isn't dumb, he's fully capable of just subtly causing the fight to shift if when he tries to dip, Garou portals him back (for some reason?) and if Garou can't even hit him, he has all the time in the world. Hell if anything, just outlast Garou, he has the stamina to do so unironically.
Gamma Ray Burst would be an immediate counter, as it is a beam of photons and gamma rays which are astronomically smaller than molecules and would end up breaking him apart at the sub-atomic level.

It is also a move he uses in-character. And as of now, Superman doesn't even have the radiation resistance required to not instant-die from it.

Gamma Ray Burst would be an immediate counter, as it is a beam of photons and gamma rays which are astronomically smaller than molecules and would end up breaking him apart at the sub-atomic level.
Bruh, he can dodge that, easy. Idk why this is even a move brought up, it has a bigger tell than obligatory giant from soft boss.
It is also a move he uses in-character. And as of now, Superman doesn't even have the radiation resistance required to not instant-die from it.
Dodge. Also the way you word that comes off as you knowing he actually does.

What's stopping Supes from just like, phasing into the ground when Garou uses his in-character spamming of giant nukes or any other method of obstructing his vision? It really, really, isn't that hard for Supes to get away from Garou to dip regardless of portals. Garou doesn't have clairvoyance nor senses good enough to figure out if Supes does that, or any other manner of just pissing off.

Garou not having NPI, REALLY ***** him ngl.

Phasing makes him completely intangible to any thing physical, why would GRB even touch him? That, and a GRB is SOL in speed.

That's also a good point, that attack is legit 2000x slower than them in speed equal.

Bruh, he can dodge that, easy. Idk why this is even a move brought up, it has a bigger tell than obligatory giant from soft boss.
He can't dodge it easily because Garou can use portals to teleport him wherever he wants. Garou is also an extraordinary genius with prediction abilities and the beam has a lot of AoE. It would not be easy to dodge.

What's stopping Supes from just like, phasing into the ground when Garou uses his in-character spamming of giant nukes or any other method of obstructing his vision? It really, really, isn't that hard for Supes to get away from Garou to dip regardless of portals. Garou doesn't have clairvoyance nor senses good enough to figure out if Supes does that, or any other manner of just pissing off.
Any scans of that being done in-character? Garou also has ESP.
Phasing makes him completely intangible to any thing physical, why would GRB even touch him?
Photons and gamma rays are not really "physical" in the first place. They're fundamental-point particles without mass.

That, and a GRB is SOL.
It's not SOL... His energy beams scale to his own speed...

Back