• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Characters you think is OP at first glance but later is not OP than you thought?

Let's discuss this since it can be fun or messy (read: Derail at the finest). So What characters you think are OP when you look him/her at the first time/glance but in progress and time, she/he not that OP? Can be main characters, Supporting, to Antagonist.

Mine are Dio because muh time stop, until there is somebody who are more impressive than him.

BlakeTwinSpears
BlakeTwinSpears2
Blake of the Twin Spears aka Prince Blakal is one of the most famous adventurers in Yuusha ga Shinda. His popularity and reputation is so high that it even outshines the Hero himself sometimes. He even acts like a total badass. Later, our protagonists discover that while he IS a good fighter, he's nowhere near the level of the hero plus he's extremely clumsy and airheaded.

List of three characters that fit into this category: Saitama, Saitama, and Saitama

Yeah, I know it's a 1-A, and it's a pretty decent one at that, but it's nowhere near as powerful as it was hyped up to be.

MYHERO said:
Yeah, I know it's a 1-A, and it's a pretty decent one at that, but it's nowhere near as powerful as it was hyped up to be.
Could you elaborate? I don't know much about Demonbane, but looking at the profile they actually seem to be pretty damn good. True-Godly regen, Type 5 acausality, it all seems like a pretty damn tough 1-A.

In terms of 1-A, hax really doesn't matter. When you reach outerversal levels, it is usually about who is more transcendent. You can have the biggest text walls filled with the most op hax, but if you're a baseline outerversal, then that won't mean shit if you go against someone that has a little wall of text but at least transcends baseline. Hax won't matter in a fight like that, because if you're opponent transcends you, you won't be able to do anything because you cannot even comprehend your opponent. It's like the difference of dimensions, like 2D and 3D, except in terms of 1-As, it's even bigger than that.

so basically all of those memes about mah infinity being bigger than yours

Welp, that explains it. In all seriousness, I already know a lot of the stuff regarding how 1-A works, but I wasn't aware that Elder God Demonbane was that close to baseline. That explains it.

Oh sorry for explaining it to you like a child. But I don't think EGD is close to baseline. Like I said he's a decent 1-A. The problem is he gets hyped waaaayyyyy too much. He gets overhyped to the point where people will say he can tangle with Umineko 1-As and even be high 1-A (which no longer exists)

I've heard a lot of people say that EGD compares to the likes of Lovecraftian beings like the Outer Gods, with only Yog-Sothoth and Azathoth being notably more powerful. Is... that correct, at all?

Well I mean they exist in the verse and he did beat them. But when you compare him to the real Lovecraftian beings, he gets stomped really hard. Lovecraftian 1-As are way above his pay grade.

Hm, interesting.

We seem to be derailing this thread a bit, haha. Still, this is an interesting chat. Would you mind if I contacted you on your message wall?

I am going to go with "In the context of the story" OP here, rather than "Across fiction as a whole". I used to think CP9 were top, if not god tiers in One Piece. Like, admiral level or something.

Then came Kizaru, and demonstrated just how wide the gap still was.

Back