• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: Resurgence Revengence (Game Mega-Thread)

No hard feelings Sieg, you weren't there to know about them

She says, trying to confort the artifact user

(Meretrix was talking with Sieg (Overlord's PC) about the subatomic particles she was talking to and that they were real

Solomon makes his way towards the other who are at the temple

"So we were sent to deal with what's in there huh?" He asks, trying to sense and decipher what exactly was inside, moving closer still to the temple afterwards, seeing if anything would happen.

(After the temple or sphere thing or whatever was analyzed by Sieg)

Last edited:
"A whole day? Quite a bit of time to look around. This looks like a real human civilization... Might be something worth your analysis."

Abarim starts walking up and down the streets, taking it all in.

"One to two Earth days is the precise time we have. The source appears to resemble a Personal Reality." Secundus answers the group.

The other Secundus, that had remained separate from the others, attempts to discern the nature of the sorcery practiced by the people living here and if it is at all similar to his own abilities.

The woman continues to beckon, with her thoughts of danger being sincere, but... the level of power she's imagining is the danger isn't much of an actual threat compared to Meretrix, or any of the others.

Nothing strange happens as Solomon approaches the temple, although he sees that it is completely solid on the inside alongside some slight spatial distortion.

The other Secundus who investigated the so-called sorcery mentioned by the gatekeeper finds it a simple mind-over-matter manipulation of one's surroundings, nothing special to anyone like him. Around him, Abarim finds a rather busy marketplace, with most vendors seeming to stock luxury items rather than anything essential, although most people seem to be keeping their distance from him and the others.

"Hmm... Natural, that they would be weary about newcomers... I do have an introduction in mind, though."

Abarim goes to look for a beggar on the street. There are bound to be at least some, here. And, as unlikely as it is, if there are no beggars, perhaps someone weary all the same trying to support their families could do just as nicely.

"We shouldn't wait too long either though, we don't need to rush but we shouldn't leave things until the last minute." Solomon comments in response to Sieg

"Although I guess for now, we might as well check out the rest of this place more." He says, heading back into the city to see if there was anything interesting there.

"Don't worry Higgs, we are strong enough to dea with anything you have in mind, they are nothing compared to us here" Meretrix says with a smug as she points towards herself and John

"But I guess we should enter anyway, out of respect, you know" Meretrix says as she enters the hut

The Secundus' roaming the city continue doing so, observing how the people lived their lives and what jobs they worked. These were things he had never known or seen.

"An opportunity to learn about this place. Once that is done, we must proceed with the mission."

The one that remained with the others stated.

"Someone who needs help. The people around us are wary, so, it would be best to do some charity work for a good first impression."

"It's just being a good Samaritan, not putting yourself at risk for the sake of others."

Abarim and Silas are unable to find any beggars or street-folk, or really anywhere they would even live, and, even more strangely, even those who seem worse-off than others, either visibly or in their labor, are clearly content with their living.

The woman appears puzzled by your reply, but leads you in regardless. Inside the hut is a rather homey set-up, with a large bed and kitchen on either ends of a large main room. Notably, Meretrix can sense that the inside of the domicile is very different from the outside, as though space was woven differently. Sighing and moving to set next to the man at a center table, she finally speaks again.

"I... I have the distinct impression this is very confusing for you, is that true?"

Solomon and Sieg can detect a light warping of local space around and within a large temple-like building to the south of the main center structure. Solomon in particular can immediately tell that this is the result of the sorcery mentioned by the gate-keeper, and that the building is a sort of school for those people with talent in it.

Secundus' senses allowing him to peer into people's lifes without direct contact, his goal is easily fulfilled. Familial relationships are just as he's heard for the most part, different only in the religious ideation of most parts of life. The latter can be said of most things people do here, as though every action they took was part of a complicated prayer or doxology. The most common job appears to be construction, usually worked by combination teams of normal people and those capable of sorcery, with most construction going on underground to expand a large network of tombs.

"...A bit, but I suppose that is expected. Subatomic particles, different dimensions, different feels about this hut... would you guys be ok in explaining some things? Like, what really are you and what is this place" Meretrix says, again, trying to read their minds

"Seems related to that sorcery stuff that the gate-keeper mentioned." Solomon comments, walking closer to the temple like building

"Seems like as good a place as any to check out, maybe that sorcery stuff will be interesting." He says, mostly to himself, as he moves to try and enter the building and check out its interior as well

(No, she was communicating with him telepathycally, but I guess that they stopped once Sieg discovered the talking sub-atomic particles. As far as I know, Meretrix and John were separated from the main group

"...A bit, but I suppose that is expected. Subatomic particles, different dimensions, different feels about this hut... would you guys be ok in explaining some things? Like, what really are you and what is this place" Meretrix says, again, trying to read their minds
"Mh, that would help because I am a little lost there", John replied telepathically.

"... It seems that Set Amun already covers the well being of their people, so to speak... It's quite unnerving, really..."

This gives Abarim some pause, as he sorts out his options from this point forward. If every single one of their people needs no intervention from God... For now, simply participate.

Abarim goes through the marketplace, seeing if there is anything of interest.

I look around with a surprised look on my face as I follow Abarim into the marketplace. "Huh, it looks like everyone's happy here. That's pretty neat."

The Secundus that was with the others would try to figure something out. That being if this place was even actually real, if these people existed properly and were flesh and blood like any other, and if so, how? His information based abilities would help in discerning this.

While the ones wandering the town would begin looking for extraordinary or otherwise noteworthy individuals, anything that stood out among the commonfolk, that might be able to tell him more about this place or have something odd about them. His memories, limited as they are, would make him inclined to seek out people similar to the scientists that made him.

Back