• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: Wake-up Procedure (Meta/Registration Thread 1) (Full)

Decided to make a comprehensive list of how to exploit everyone's powerset on Discord, might as well copy it here, save a few entries that won't see any actual use

How to break every single build in this game​

Here is the one main rule: I must stay within the spirit of the build and, if I add any upgrades, they must be minor branches of what is already established, physics to quantum physics, radiation to cancer inducement, you get the idea

To address the question of "Is this metagaming", though I feel the answer is obvious, Intelligence 4 and beyond gives you automatic awareness of the full details of your abilities, and aptitude says if you didn't already think this up, under stress, you may get creative anyways and accel develop to this point in a fight.

Secundus​

Adding to Stars of Ruin is really simple. Make it so you can target specific pieces of information (Or just, do that no upgrades required), and get an ability to replaced destroyed information (If our subjective reality/limited reality warp can't allow us to fill that in by default)

For how this might be incredibly powerful, let's say someone is attacking you, they throw a massive blast of energy, which isn't something you're confident on nullifying via forcefield outright, but, it also doesn't seem to have a particular resistance to getting it's information targetted

So, you destroy the notion of "This causes damage" and replace it with "This multiplies the power/heals/whatever I please, really of whoever it hits"

Thus allowing you to get a free stat amp and then absolutely whallop the guy attacking you

You might be inclined to point out that resisting infohax is dime adozen here, but, it's resistance, not outright immunity. If one was to focus their attack to strike a precise point of their information, such as what the attack does in this case, they could probably manage it.

Dubhe, you could make the matter destroying explosions instead matter cutting blades, which cause constant nuclear explosions. With some slight adjustments, you could probably aim this at the opponent's eyes, severely blinding and disorienting them, but... eh, I'm kinda stretching, and in general the phases don't have much so I think I'll skip over them, Stars of Ruin is already something you can get wild over

Silas​

Silas is pretty hard to work with because he's so basic and his powers are basically just built around being brute force and nothing else, so I guess the way to break it is to apply brute force to a weak point, so to speak. And to do that...

I think the best way would be to just abuse Hero's Journey to do minor impossible things, perhaps with some effort, but still something that would give an edge

For example "It is impossible for me to slip into the 4th dimension to duck from this attack and hit my enemy in the back of the neck", so of course he just stat amps, rips a hole into another dimension and hops in.

There's not a lot I can specify but in general, using the ability this way can make for some good, clutch plays.

Solomon​

... Is even more nothing in exploitability, since he's basically just Secundus' phase powers but that's his entire power set, just shifting between things that are like, fine I guess but

eh

The best I can think of is comboing it with standard powers for some neat tricks, for example

• With Loki and 5 intelligence you can shove your mind into the future a little bit to make your dead body more convincing
  • You could also probably freeze different parts of information to delay the damage of an attack via Ymir, perhaps allowing you to stack it up against a target with severe regen until it completely destroys them, or delay severe damage to yourself or allies
  • Surtur's flames might also destroy information and you may be able to pull off a similar thing as Secundus' stars of ruin exploit
The dream powers also aren't really all that exciting in this regard. Versatility is pretty good, but, not very exploitable since all the major benefits are already laid out by you just having several abilities for a situation. One of the dream powers does allow you to just make anything, but it's not like you can even do anything that off the rails because Everymen are already ontologically significant, stopping anyone from having powers the same or similar to them. I can think of a few ways around that, but they wouldn't really work with the dream system.

John Sauvage​

... Who is ugh

Even more bland and boring because 99% of what they do is already covered by standard abilities

Like, the absolute most I can think of is, with distortions, one might be able to apply time dilation to one part of an entities' body and neglect the other, causing them to split in half, but like

Yeah not really anything here

Meretrix Vile​

why are so many of you people versatile over focus I can't work with this

Sieg​

slams head into desk repeatedly

Puppenspiel Realität​

Alright, now I can do something

Use Info analysis to instantly register the shape of something's internal organs and think "hmm, yes, this looks like a doll to me", thus allowing you to put anything at your mercy

If the enemy doesn't really have internal organs, you could still probably assert the shape of puppets into the material and thus cause muscle spasming or outright cause them to disassemble into your minions

I don't know enough about Japanese to mess with the secondary power, but, you could probably upgrade it to apply to other languages, and thus say there they're their to muddle the meaning of each individual word, turning an object at a location over there into someone's property or forcibly split them into several entities because they're over they're, or teleport their thing by making it there

You may also be able to combo with the infohax exploits of Solomon and Secundus to cause enemies (Who have their information redefined as "buffalo") to be BFRd trying to buffalo other buffalos in what used to be the city of Buffalo

IE say Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

If you wanted to make someone incredibly uncomfortable you might be able to make it so they ***** clothes

You might also may be able to make an opponent become a massive, rectangular construct of wonder by singing Wonderwall to them

Crunckledunk​

His abilities aren't listed on his sandbox for whatever reason but it was just the creation of Homoculi, which I was going to write off as another "Versatility gay", but then Tago directly decided to challenge me by having the gall to say "See the brokenness in multiple dimensions, DMUA, establish a meta system the ability relies on which can be broken"

To which I said

"Alright bet"

Homunculi aren't actually related to alchemy at all in composition, but are instead the thought form of the idea of creating a homonculus, allowing Crunckledunk's thoughts as an Everyman to modify it based on that concept of a Homonculus he stores in his head

From this modification, they can obtain basically any bodily features, from different composition, different natural weapons, to just outright turning into the information it came from to become intangible and perhaps reconstruct a physical body for itself after the fact

These Homonculi can also posses whatever powers Crunckledunk asserts onto them via alterations to their thoughtform, though they will be weaker than those of other Everymen, this provides potentially unlimited versatility.

And, while Hl3 turned this down for now, he does say that this next part might be fine later, so

While the ontological significance of Everymen does provide difficulty for replicating their powers in any form, Homunculi bypass it by via conceptually aligning their powers to be "copy", with the similarities just being a side effect and not related to the powers themselves, thus giving them free reign to achieve similar results. While it is possible to replicate the powers of other Everymen, the conceptual dilution and status as being weaker than Everymen naturally causes it to be lower in potency, only managing the surface level effects of the power. For example, if a copy were to be made from Abarim's powers, they would only be able to manipulate physics to achieve the impossible such as running directly up a wall or jumping off of thin air, and nothing extreme such as the creation of wormholes through the manipulation of negative mass.

Samson​

Radiation by nature can actually be used to counter Regeneration up to Low High, since it would cause new cells to become cancerous and attack the body, causing whatever's being hit to become severely crippled and potentially open for a finishing blow. If the being in question doesn't have any cells, it may be possible to assert the pattern of cells onto it to achieve the same results.

As per an upgrade, you could probably just amp standard powers a bit to give you that much more, since Samson does have incredibly high strength as well

For example, you could probably tap into brainwaves, since that's a type of radiation, to amplify fear manipulation and cause something's life to flash before your eyes as you punch them

Or even shut down senses, blind people with nuclear explosions directly to the face and make sure they can't properly take in other forms of information from their senses, crippling their fighting capability

Now, I'm not going to put Abarim here because I want to surprise anyone not on discord. Let me just say...

If you get crazy with physics, it gets absolutely crazy.

I just can't really think of any way to cheese your powers into being really OP because they're all so straightforward in use and any possible expansions I can think of are covered by sheer quantity

O was planning to, it is just that DMUA posted that about powers and I was like "Is there something wrong with my powers?"

Also also, since apparently people either just forgot to actually add their stats correctly or never updated the sandbox.

There are currently 16 points to spread around your stats, except for Aptitude, with a cap of 5. If it hasn't already been updated, your Aptitude is 4.

So

I've been having the strange feeling that I'm having to force myself through this, and I don't know why

I don't intend for this to just fall off the face of the earth, but I don't really know how to actually enjoy GMing this for lack of a better phrase

Back