• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
To say more since I've gathered my thoughts a bit more coherently, everyone here has written wonderful things, and I probably won't have the most insightful things to say, but I'm gonna say more anyway since I'm a fan of Spongebob, though not a diehard by any standard.

I'm not too personally invested in Spongebob, I always have admired people who make others happy or enrich their lives, through entertainment or otherwise (which is part of the reason I'm not too big a fan of Monster Clowns other than The Joker). While I wouldn't say "**** 2018" (because many wonderful things have happened in my life), it's a shame that the creators of so many modern (that is, TV, comics and games? IDK what other word to use since Modern can refer to other things, but I digress) classics, many of which I consider superior to a good chunk of todays stuff, are leaving us. I just hope their work is given a chance by the generation that comes after this one. Too many people don't appreciate stuff that came out a while back nowadays. Not to say there isn't great stuff that everyone should check that I think would also qualify as a classic, because there most definitely is, but truly timeless works are hard to come by and I think Spongebob (at least the older seasons) makes the cut for that, and it's incredibly disheartening that the creator died at an age that is fairly young in an era where most people are living to their mid-late 70s, sometimes even when they neglect their health.

Also, since it was briefly mentioned, **** Article 13.

I know I briefly brought it up after someone else, so I might not be in the place to say this, but can we talk about this elsewhere? The creator of Spongebob was not a political figure (if he was, most of us probably wouldn't respect him given how toxic western politics has become over the last couple years/decades), so a memorial thread to him should not have us talking about this.

I remember crying in laughter from Sailor Mouth. This is an utter tragedy. He has created one of the greatest cartoons in history, one that I dare say surpassed Simpsons. Simpsons became zombielike and vapid, but Spongebob even after going through some roguh years managed to always endure and remain popular and relevant. May he rest in peace for creating such an important piece of entertainment.

Spongebob was the very first Nickelodeon TV Show I watched as a child & watched every single episode and movie of the series. I remembered the various of clever jokes it mentioned on the show (a few jokes I didn't understand until I reached an age of being constantly exposed to memes and was able to easily understand all of the jokes in almost an instant and laughed my ass off to some of the funniest ones I ever heard). This iconic Nick show improved & changed by childhood forever for the better. Early Spongebob was the very best version without a doubt and made me cherish for this show and Stephen Hillenburg to always keep doing an outstanding and fantastic job on it! A huge contribution and the constant increase of popularity towards Nickelodeon would not be possible if it wasn't for him and I hope he's having a great time up there with lovable people like Stan Lee & Stefan Karl who will always be remembered in our hearts.

Anyways, I'll be fine everyone sniff, I just sniff gotta stay strong!ƒÆ¬: https://youtu.be/5kAf0FUDHVU

Keeweed said:
2018 is on a ******* Murder Rampage my god. I hope nobody dies next, our hearts can only take so much.
i know, we lost stan lee, we lost stefan karl, we even lost old joseph joestar's japanese voice actor, and now we lost stephen hillenburg, this year has been bad, god i hope we don't lose anybody else

I remember when I was young, Spongebob used to be a large part of my life, along with other friends. It was the kind of series that would never get old (for the enjoyable episodes anyway). Unfortunately, I, along with them, did indeed stop watching the series after the while, but I still remember bits and pieces because it was just so great back then ("Chocolate!").

It's a shame Hillenburg died so young, especially since he probably brought joy to many.

Grimreaperofjustice said:
Just, don't end SpongeBob yet please... Continue his legacy I need it...God this one hurts alot...
At most he´ll just get a reboot, I know it.

Spongebob is still Nickelodeon's biggest money maker; so I highly doubt they're just going to get rid of it any time soon. The only thing that would ever end it would either be if everyone just completely stopped watching it and/or if a new franchise comes and takes center stage. But I don't see those happening anytime soon.

Well, this is the 2nd influential Stephen that dies this year. Oh well

Spongebob, one of the things i watched the most on my childhood. Even though my parents thinked it was too annoying for my very own being, i still sneaked in and laughed like a maniac with each of the episodes. I really enjoyed those times.

I firmly believe no other cartoon could be able to replace Spongebob. I don't care if it somehow achieves the same popularity or more as it did in it's golden years, it was unique and legendary. It made a whole generation of both children and adults enjoy and laugh while watching the show. It possibly relieved an individual's rough day of stress. It made a lot of funny and unfunny media that made us have a good time one way or another.

Rest in piece, Stephen. You've passed away unexpectedly, but your legacy will remain for generations. Thank you for everything you've done.

Oh, that's sad, 57 years is like too young.

R.I.P. Stephen, Spongebob was one of the greatest shows on my childhood and i have great memories of it.

And also, 2018 is on a freaking rampage, it doesn't stop!!! '-'

@Ryukama Omg, I remembered watching that episode and it was amazing! Squidward's face at the end of it perfectly represents Stephen Hillenburg after all that hardwork and contributions to Nickelodeon paids off.

Back