• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

CW Flash Revision

he was going to destroy the face of the earth if i'm not mistaken with his speed because of armageddon with thawne

They didn't say the entire face of the planet, but he would've eventually killed everyone on the planet with disasters (like earthquakes and volcanoes) because he was putting too much pressure on the surface.

Thawne didn't have a hand in it since his connection to the Speed Force was intact. However, Thawne scales to Barry at this level, so he has it anyway.

I was actually just thinking about that.

I'd personally say yes, I don't think we can upscale that high (our boy would need to be 58% stronger than Barry) even for one-shots.

I thought that version of Thawne's back story got retconned. Maybe I'm misremembering, though.

Is this ok, Spino? It's the last calc for CW that I was planning (all the others were dogshit, so I didn't bother posting).
Speaking of the novels, in one I managed to get recently (here's a copy of the excerpt from a legal site) it's stated that the tornado that Barry unravelled in season 1 episode 1 packed 60 gigajoules behind it.
  • Then, juking quickly to his left, the Flash encircled the waterspout, racing counterclockwise against its natural torque. He’d done this trick with a genuine tornado before, setting up a counter-spin that unwound it. It had actually been his very first case as the Flash, fighting his very first metahuman: Clyde Mardon, who’d gained weather-controlling superpowers in the same accident as his brother, Mark. Barry had been terrified and unsure of himself, but he’d run full-tilt into the storm anyway. Mardon floated in the air at the center of the storm, controlling the winds. An average tornado produced something like sixty gigajoules of energy. The idea of being able to shut that down just by running seemed impossible, but Barry had done it anyway, pushing himself to what was his maximum speed at the time.
I was initially going to ignore this, but I discovered even more recently (like yesterday night) that it's actually an accurate measurement of the total kinetic energy of a tornado.

It took between 2:14 and 2:52 to unravel.

60,000,000,000 / 38 = 0.377 tons of TNT (Building level)

At least, that's how I'm assuming this works.

There's also some other stuff, like that his thought processes can be on the order of nanoseconds, and microseconds are fairly slow.

These novels take place in a timeline where Barry recently beat Zoom (months after, in the case of this novel, which is set during the equivalent of season 3), but didn't create Flashpoint. So everything pre-Flashpoint is still canon, and practically everything he does in the novels scales to end of Season 2 Barry.

The Arrowverse is a ******* rabbit hole.

As soon as I think I'm done with a certain season (even show, in some isolated cases), comic or novel, it turns out they made another one nobody has heard of (ignorance is bliss, after all) like a month ago, and the people over on the wikia or wikipedia haven't updated their pages with the fact that said piece of media even exists because they haven't watched it.

As soon as I think I'm done with a certain show, comic or novel, it turns out they made another one nobody has heard of (ignorance is bliss, after all) like a month ago, and the people over on the wikia or wikipedia haven't updated their pages because they haven't watched it.
Thank you for doing God's work 🙏

Hey i can scale the flash original timeline :
thawne said he and barry used to be equals and equal rivals he said that in season 1. So he was talking about the original flash timeline. In season 9 episode 10 thawne season 1 affects barry's durability which must be multi continental, and also we see that they have the same combat speed.
conclusion:
AP: multi-continental to multi-continental +
combat speed: relative to s9 flash.
which would also like to say that the thawne s1 before losing its speed is the strongest thawne in flash because it is the only one that competed with flash s9 so that loss of speed in season 1, prevented it from competing against flash s4 ,s7

In season 9 episode 10 thawne season 1 affects barry's durability which must be multi continental, and also we see that they have the same combat speed.
conclusion:
High 6-A is only for Environmental Destruction and doesn't scale to the Flash's physicals.

Secondly, I highly doubt Flash was going all out against Thawne considering by this point, he is far superior to Thawne in the original timeline, and the fact that it could probably wreck the timeline if he stopped Thawne.

Scaling original Thawne to S9 Barry would also cause scaling problems given how Season 2 Barry could overpower Thawne. And Season 9 Barry is way above Season 2 Barry.

Last edited:
Even Post-Zoom Barry (and quite likely mid-Season 2 Barry) could curbstomp that exact Thawne.

Season 7 Flash then speed blitzed a much faster Thawne.

Last edited:
High 6-A is only for Environmental Destruction and doesn't scale to the Flash's physicals.

Secondly, I highly doubt Flash was going all out against Thawne considering by this point, he is far superior to Thawne in the original timeline, and the fact that it could probably wreck the timeline if he stopped Thawne.

Scaling original Thawne to S9 Barry would also cause scaling problems given how Season 2 Barry could overpower Thawne. And Season 9 Barry is way above Season 2 Barry.
Thawne saison 1 >>> barry s2 and do you mean speak when you said the flash og ain't gotta do everything with thawne

let's not forget that in season 1 thawne was not at his maximum because he lost a lot of his speed against flash s9

Thawne saison 1 >>> barry s2 and do you mean speak when you said the flash og ain't gotta do everything with thawne
How does that correlate exactly? We clearly Season 2 Barry overpower the Original Thawne twice

let's not forget that in season 1 thawne was not at his maximum because he lost a lot of his speed against flash s9
That wouldn't contradict my point, as Barry got faster in Season 2.

Also, while Season 1 Thawne lost a lot of speed due to severing his natural connection, he was using tachyons to compensate to the point where he still has fairly similar feats.

Also, while Season 1 Thawne lost a lot of speed due to severing his natural connection, he was using tachyons to compensate to the point where he still has fairly similar feats.
I think it was implied that even with the Tachyons, Thawne was still inferior to his original self albeit not by far? So it's something like:

Season 2 Barry > OG Thawne => Season 1 Thawne > Season 1 Barry.

Basically, I think both should be in the realm of 8-B, given how easy Season 1 Thawne could stomp Barry while weak.

I don't think it's stated that he's inferior in terms of speed (in terms of AP, Tachyon RF is definitely > timeline remnant), just that his damaged connection meant that he needed to constantly amp himself, otherwise it only worked in short bursts according to (IIRC) Green Arrow or Cisco. And even that assertion proved to be somewhat unreliable near the end of season 1.

Basically, he just couldn't travel through time in the same way even EoS 1/Bos 2 Barry could.

Last edited:
Thawne, who was beaten by Season 2 Baryy, had not yet learned Barry's identity and was not as experienced and strong as when he killed nora that night, just like season 9 Baryy was stronger than season 2 Barry

Thawne we saw in season 2 and was defeated by barry was just the weak version of OG Thawne in his past

They're virtually the same age.

I suppose it's possible that RF got a huge amp between finding out where Barry was from and figuring out his idenity. However, it's also impossible to know (and highly unlikely given their 'war') because remnant RF only discovered Barry's epoch in the timeline where the Flash got powers in 2013 rather than 2020. Thusly his timeline diverged from the Eobard Thawne that Eddie erased.
BTW, have we ever calced Weather Wizard's tornadoes in Episode 1?
Yeah, and it was like 9-A for Barry's timeframe. Now we have a better version.

I suppose it's possible that RF got a huge amp between finding out where Barry was from and figuring out his idenity.
I suppose it is considering Thawne's whole schtick with wanting to get faster. And it may also be possible OG Barry somehow also manage to grow in speed overtime, somehow. But it's still iffy.

Yeah, and it was like 9-A for Barry's timeframe. Now we have a better version.
Got a link to it?

Like any speedster, Thawne grew faster and stronger from the time he first got his strength to the time he died. Moreover, Thawne devoted his life to this, unlike normal speedsters, and became stronger day by day.

So the Thawne we saw in Season 2 was still in the stage of self-development, strengthening and was not as developed and strengthened as the day he killed Nora.

Back