• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
like the only Mu that could induce something like that so far this is Jonathan vs Tanjiro this season

Thor would possibly give Vegeta some respect maybe
Neither Jinx nor Harley would care over killing each other
Mags nor Tetsuo would shed a tear over killing one another
same with Bobba vs Predator
as well as Wanda vs Zatanna

So really Jonathan vs Tanjiro is where you can have either character show genuine regret over killing one another
I like to imagine Wanda vs Zatanna ends with Wanda just ******* losing it eventually and erasing Zatanna from existence and then snaps out of it and being upset that she had another "M" situation

You know talking with some friends in a server
I feel Death Battle needs to have moments where the winner genuinely regrets killing the loser
Like damn sorry this has to be this way
Yeah i really hate how the fights felt less meaningful and removing the post fight scenes was dumb.

Nowdays it kinda feels like "A sees B, thinks of reason to fight, fights", GL vs ben 10 had a cool beginning and banter there and there for example.

Madara just found aizen on some desert, akuma found shao khan on some desert, storm found kora on some ice desert.

Bats vs IM was cool because they set up a plot for their encounter, RF vs GB was a little random since GB teleported on the same block, but the setup was cool and changing it would be unnecessary, popeye vs saitama was pretty funny.

You know talking with some friends in a server
I feel Death Battle needs to have moments where the winner genuinely regrets killing the loser
Like damn sorry this has to be this way
I care a lot about character interactions and stuff. It's why whenever I come up with an MU, I try to come up with a good reason for them encountering each other, why they'd fight, how they'd interact, and possibly even how the fight would end, if they'd kill them, if they'd incap, accidentally kill, if they'd regret the kill, etc etc. I actually really like alternate methods of fights ending too, draws can be fun if well executed, and in certain fights not everyone has to die (something like Kasen Ibaraki vs Fleetway Sonic could end with Kasen BFRing and destroying Super Sonic's soul, but allowing Fleetway himself to survive, so someone still dies, but the characters can still reconsile in the end).

It's fun to not be so one-tracked in how things HAVE to go or whatever.

I care a lot about character interactions and stuff. It's why whenever I come up with an MU, I try to come up with a good reason for them encountering each other, why they'd fight, how they'd interact, and possibly even how the fight would end, if they'd kill them, if they'd incap, accidentally kill, if they'd regret the kill, etc etc. I actually really like alternate methods of fights ending too, draws can be fun if well executed, and in certain fights not everyone has to die (something like Kasen Ibaraki vs Fleetway Sonic could end with Kasen BFRing and destroying Super Sonic's soul, but allowing Fleetway himself to survive, so someone still dies, but the characters can still reconsile in the end).

It's fun to not be so one-tracked in how things HAVE to go or whatever.
It's easy coming up with a reason when it comes to Hero vs Villain,Villain vs Villian, Anti-Hero vs Villian etc
Hero vs Hero are the hardest cause most of the time they have no reason to kill each other whatsoever
fight over a misunderstanding sure
outright do or die fight?
not really
I can't think of any reason for Jonathan and Tanjiro to start fighting to the death, unless Jonathan tries to use Hamon on Nezuko.
exactly given who both characters are its hard to come with a reason that wouldn't feel OOC
Hell even using Nezuko as reason for the fight would feel eh cause Jonathan wouldn't attack her like that unless he sees her doing something bad

But yeah, Jonathan vs Tanjiro is frankly the biggest example of where you can have a fight where the winner will show regret over killing the loser
Jonathan: Realizing that he killed a guy who's actually a gentle soul just like him who was trying to cure his sister who's a demon and bitterly realize he prevented that chance from happening

Tanjiro: Feel's bad that the guy he killed never intended to hurt his sister and was trying to help out even Moreso that he wasn't a demon but a human

C4cnuB8.png

honestly I should have put more franchises... but I'm getting tired... so another time...

if i had to add another franchise it would probably be guardian tale lol

Nezuko would join in the fight as well, which would be outside help. So I don't think they'll include her. But yeah, that's the problem. Tanjiro wouldn't fight to the death for little to no reason, especially when it's not a demon he's up against.

I think a Upper Moon/Muzan or Nezuko would have been a better choice for a KNY combatant rep.
I dunno, someone trying to kill his sister might be a good reason to fight, maybe not to the death, but it would probably upset him

DB fight setups havent been that bad. Black was starting zero mortals plan with RF witnessing it. Akuma interrupted tournament like he has before. Some have been bad, but majority are fine.
Tbh, it's pretty hard to write characters killing eachother who would never consider killing in the first place or have no reason to hurt the other in canon

To be fair, Jonathan vs Tanjiro could just start with a simple sword duel. Alternatively, Dio and/or Muzan could manipulate one or both into the fight. The former's mindhax and the latter's shapeshifting would let this be reasonable without the protagonists necessarily looking like idiots, and I could see Muzan trying to manipulate someone into doing his dirty work.

But yeah, Jonathan vs Tanjiro is frankly the biggest example of where you can have a fight where the winner will show regret over killing the loser
Jonathan: Realizing that he killed a guy who's actually a gentle soul just like him who was trying to cure his sister who's a demon and bitterly realize he prevented that chance from happening

Tanjiro: Feel's bad that the guy he killed never intended to hurt his sister and was trying to help out even Moreso that he wasn't a demon but a human
Or Jonathan can just play Ororo Munroe and admired Tanjiro for fighting till his last breath.

BTW I can paint out how the fight goes:
1. Jonathan fought Tanjiro without weapons and Jonathan pummels Tanjiro down.
2. Tanjiro and Jonathan engaged in a sword fight, and the hamon plus breath set the surroundings ablaze. After a short scuffle on the rooftop, Jonathan pushed Tanjiro into one inferno and managed to impale him on a sharp-pointed statue; the combination of such a severe injury and the surrounding flames overpowered Tanjiro, who was seemingly burned away.
3. Tanjiro came back half-demonised and battled Jonathan once more on a balcony. Jonathan eventually used his hamon-fused hands to break the sword of the sun wheel of Tanjiro and pushed Tanjiro off a cliff.
4. Tanjiro ambused from nowhere one final time but Jonathan beheaded Tanjiro with a quick but decisive Luck & Pluck strike, and Jonathan caught the lifeless head of Tanjiro which fell into his arms.

Hopefully not too much references.

It surprises me that Kaguya Shinomiya is a capable fighter, despite weaker than those real fighter. (I am preparing for her profile in my sandbox and she has a certain best opponent you would see her profiles in VS Battles Wiki)
I think I know who you are talking about.
iirc Kaguya-sama: Love Is War itself should be comparable to a list of recent Japanese love comedy comic/anime. As far as an opponent is drawn from such I am fine with it.

Potentially there can be some friendly banter and camaraderie between Jonathan and Tanjiro. (Similar to All Might Vs Might Guy) since both characters are inherently selfless heroes that wouldn't think twice about helping a stranger in need.

E.g: Jonathan complimenting Tanjiro's skill and strength at such a young age (Then again as shown later on in Jojo it's quite literally insane what a 15yrs old can accomplish) while Tanjiro is amazed at seeing a new breathing style.

Potentially there can be some friendly banter and camaraderie between Jonathan and Tanjiro. (Similar to All Might Vs Might Guy) since both characters are inherently selfless heroes that wouldn't think twice about helping a stranger in need.

E.g: Jonathan complimenting Tanjiro's skill and strength at such a young age (Then again as shown later on in Jojo it's quite literally insane what a 15yrs old can accomplish) while Tanjiro is amazed at seeing a new breathing style.
Jonathan might think tanjiro breathing skills are derived from hamon and tanjiro thinking the same for hamon to his breathing techniques

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back