• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally the entire wiki the instant Weekly gets unbanned:
604ghm70gxf81.png

I thought Sly was gonna fight Rogue...
There's much better connections between Sly and Lupin than Rogue, and honestly the stat difference is kind of ridiculous for Rouge v Sly to be fair, plus Sly and Lupin have a much more interesting ability trade off.
Okay, but that Oh No! part of the fight was legitimately hilarious. I just wish the death had been better than DK just clapping Knuckles to death.
I personally found it absurdly annoying. If it was used once or twice in the fight, I probably would've enjoyed it, but the fact it's used ad-nauseum the entire fight wears super ******* quick. It'd be like if Yoda did the Lego Yoda death noise constantly the entire fight.
had to fix that tbh outside the Movies the franchise be having rough frankly
To be fair, I think the franchise's output has been decent to good outside of the major flops like Rise of Lyric and Forces (which I find mid at worst), the IDW Comics have been incredible imo, the first film was fun and the second looks great, the various animated shorts we've gotten are all really good, and I've enjoyed the spinoffs like TSR and the 3DS Boom games. Mania is the only other mainline we've gotten besides Forces since Gens (and Lost World if you count it, which was alright) and it was godly. Plus everything else we have on the way like Sonic Prime & Frontiers are super promising. I think Sonic's got it better than most give it credit for.
Eggman vs Wily holds up well to this day but needed a conclusion and kinda aged in certain parts
Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion, but I actually don't mind the fight being a draw, if that's what you mean by "needed a conclusion". I'm actually a big fan of the idea of fights ending in a draw or in an unorthodox way, so long as the justification for the outcome is fine. I think within Eggman v Wily, a draw is fine from the case they presented, but yeah it could've been much better argued/explained. It's why I advocate for matches such as Cirno v Jack to end in draws, I think they're interesting changes of pace if handled properly. Especially since they don't do them often. They've only ever had one genuine draw (Eggman v Wily) with the rest being joke episodes (Segata v Chuck and Deadpool v Pinky).
Speaking of Sonic, is there any character they haven’t used yet they can use, besides Silver and Rouge? Maybe Omega
uhhhhh Archie Knuckles, Scourge, Fleetway Sonic, Blaze, and maybe Infinite & Chaos are the only ones I'd really care to see. Silver I'd rather not have on the show due to showrunners showing a distaste for him and his only other matchup being an obvious win for Trunks since we know how DB stats Sonic & DB comparatively.

Last edited:
My upper half Season 9 predictions

Tanjiro vs Jonathan (3D/Hand Drawn)
Tetsuo vs Magneto (Sprites)
SW vs Zatanna (Sprites)
Boba Fett vs Predator (Live action/3D)
Gru vs Megamind/Dexter vs Jimmy (Sprites). Should be in 3D for GruMind, but I don't see it.
Jinx vs Harley (Hand Drawn/3D/Live Action). Sprites will not suffice. Arcane m/u in sprites would be a diaster
mk vs street fighter/fighting game m/u i won't care about.
Vegeta vs Thor (3D)

My upper half Season 9 predictions

Tanjiro vs Jonathan (3D/Hand Drawn)
Tetsuo vs Magneto (Sprites)
SW vs Zatanna (Sprites)
Boba Fett vs Predator (Live action/3D)
Gru vs Megamind/Dexter vs Jimmy (Sprites). Should be in 3D for GruMind, but I don't see it.
Jinx vs Harley (Hand Drawn/3D/Live Action). Sprites will not suffice. Arcane m/u in sprites would be a diaster
mk vs street fighter/fighting game m/u i won't care about.
Vegeta vs Thor (3D)
Arguably Tanjiro vs Jonathan could be sprites as well

...I never considered the possibility of MUs for doujin versions of Touhou characters. Considering there are a metric fuckton of fanmade variants of 2hus from MUGEN and the like, I'm kinda surprised I haven't seen more of this sort of thing.

Now what MUs does Advent Cirno have?

also why does that reddit post act like Mokou is originally from TIWSTDOTU when she's always been a canon 2hu
Y'know I kinda like the idea of using fanfiction/fanmade franchise characters for DBs/Vs Battles now and again. I'm personally a big fan of stuff like Sonic.EXE vs RED (Godzilla NES Creepypasta), El Hermano vs Speedrunner Mario is ******* hilarious, etc etc. They'll never make a mainstream show like DB but it's fun for VS debate nerds like us.
Does she have a respect thread or wiki page? I wanna see how she fares against Kars
I am genuinely interested in seeing how this fanfic version of the character would stack up to the strength of the mainline one. Would she be stronger? Around the same tier? Weaker? I'm interested...

Been listening to Brandon's Hard Boiled Fury, and y'know, despite most Mario v Sonic matchups outside of Mario v Sonic itself kinda not being good, I genuinely really still like Bowser v Eggman. Their personalities bounce off each other well, as characters they contrast well, they have the capacity to both have a really fun 1v1 fight and a really fun army fight going on in the background between their armadas and infantry (I'd probably leave Metal Sonic & Bowser Jr out of it though, so they don't tip the scales too much and their other infantry can have a spotlight), and the dynamic of Bowser being an uber-durable tank against Eggman's versatility and intelligence is a really fun idea.

Give Bowser some of his whackier weaponry and equipment, Clown Car, Tennis stuff, maybe some M&L RPG abilities, and hell, you could even reach into his old sorcery for some fun, and Eggman could have his various forms of his Egg Mobile, Big Arms, Egg Dragoon, Death Egg and Death Egg Robo, and with the Phantom Ruby could probably summon more of his specialized equipment as well (or you could just have them stored in his Death Egg, which is very much so standard equipment lol) to keep his versatility and machinery constantly evolving throughout the fight and introducing new shit for Bowser to deal with.

The battle can vary depending on what equipment you deem "standard" for Eggman, as I can understand the arguments for not allowing the Time Eater, Egg Salamander, or Egg Wizard as despite being some of Eggman's strongest equipment that would definitely net a win against Bowser, they were only ever used once, or needed external help to be used, which would open up allowing Bowser the Dream Stone, which is a little copey and throws a wrench into things (especially considering that Dreamy Bowser is essentially one big anti-feat, and there are valid debates against it not even being 2B in an ongoing CRT right now actually). So it'd probably be best to keep it to their best standard equipment, and maybe a handful of special equips that have good reasoning for being pulled.

I do think the fight would end up in Eggman's favor though, as even his base machinery can reach up to 4A which would let him stay in the game for a long while, and without the Dream Stone or Paper Mario feats, Bowser's best stats come off of his 3C scaling from the Grand Stars, and considering those are equipment only used in two games, it should be totally valid for Eggman to have the Phantom Ruby, since it was his main equipment in two games as well, and considering the full power of that stone is universal+, I'd say he'd be able to pull through in the end. There's also the blatant wincon of allowing him the Chaos Emeralds as well, he has used them multiple times and they could definitely power a machine that could finish the fight in the same way that the Phantom Ruby could. It's a lot closer than most MUs, and I think it could be really fun. It's one of the only Sonic MUs on the show I'd care to see and is one of the only Sonic character runback that I think is a good idea (especially since Eggman's last MU was a S1 episode and he's had so much more since, and Bowser's last outing.... ******* sucked). I'll be pretty happy if it's anywhere in Season 9.

Anyone have baller ideas for how the fight could end? Simply saying "The Phantom Ruby/Chaos Emeralds would give him the win" is fine and all but there's always a sick way to have a fight get finished. Getting his shell drilled into with the Egg Dragoon's drill? Have him weakened enough by the Ruby that the Death Egg's constellation destroyer beam could finish him off? Banish him to Null Space? Create a pocket universe, BFR Bowser to it, then destroy the universe with him within it? There's plenty of opportunities here with an arsenal like Eggy's and weapons as versatile as the Phantom Ruby/Chaos Emeralds

(Note I am not utilizing any of Bowser's feats from the Paper Mario games because I don't like doing that shit, and I'm pretty sure Death Battle doesn't composite them either? Even if I did include PM stuff though, there's a chance the Pure Hearts might not even guarantee a victory anymore since they might lose their 2B rating as well soon based on the same CRT as the Dream Stone thing.)

(random uncalled for text wall I know, but idk I got randomly passionate about this fight lol)

Last edited:
Top 8(+2?) matches for upper half of Season 9 - My pick (not in any order)
Tanjiro Kamado vs Jonathan Joestar (Sprite / 3D)
Tetsuo Shima (Manga) vs Magneto (Marvel Comics) (Sprite)
Scarlet Witch (Marvel Comics) vs Zatanna (Post-Crisis) (Sprite)
Boba Fett vs Predator/Prophet (Crysis)/Star-Lord (Modern) (Sprite / 3D / Live action)
Jinx (League of Legends) vs Harley Quinn (Post-Crisis) (Sprite / 3D)
Vegeta (Dragon Ball Super) vs Thor (Marvel Comics) (Sprite / 3D)
Felonius Gru vs Megamind (Sprite / 3D)
Bill Cipher vs Discord (Hand drawn / Hand drawn / HAND DRAWN)
+ 2 of the below
Homer Simpson vs Peter Griffin (Sprite / Hand drawn)
Osmosis Jones (Character) White Blood Cell (Cells at Work!) (Sprite / Hand drawn)
Cole MacGrath vs Alex Mercer (3D / 3D / THREE-DIMENSIONAL)
Pepsiman vs Coca-Cola Polar Bear (Sprite / 3D)

So hypothetically, Kurama vs Poison Ivy happens, DC vs non-marvel curse kicks in
How would they justify Ivy winning?
They'd just say Ivy can manipulate Kurama's plants and that they have comparable speed, which are both technically the truth.
Yep. Just Joker vs Sweet Tooth all over again.

Okay:
So hypothetically DC vs non-marvel curse is broken but you thought Jinx vs Harley Quinn will do the job but it is Hunter Zolomon vs Homura Akemi and it is before Kyle Rayner vs Simon the Digger airs.
What would you think?

Sly vs Rouge is too popular not to do. Unless they have mercy for Sly, he will get batted hard.

Flash vs Sonic does have problems, but it mainly stems from Swan being kinda bad writer for analysis parts. So I was kinda nicer to it.

Yeah, Sonic fights are prolly closer to "they are fine" rather than pure "good", so for me only MvS2 is mostly bad with Flash vs Sonic's analysis part being kinda close. Tho off top of my hat MvS2 is like the worst fight within S5-S8, at least by research.

I guess theres one thing to talk, do you "forgive" bad analysis episodes? If the episode fight is good, or the mistakes are understandable from casual point of view, I definitely can go easy on some episodes.

I guess theres one thing to talk, do you "forgive" bad analysis episodes? If the episode fight is good, or the mistakes are understandable from casual point of view, I definitely can go easy on some episodes.
Let's be real
Analysis in DB can be a hit n miss majority of the time I just skip through to watch the fight and ifs the fights good I might overlook but frankly I may picked it apart if it's utterly blatant

My season 9 prediction:
1. Tanjiro vs Jonathan (3D or sprite)
2. Tetsuo vs Magneto or Mewtwo (sprite)
3. Boba Fett vs Predator or Star Lord (sprite or 3D)
4. Scarlett Witch vs Zatanna (sprite)
5. Jinx vs Harley Queen (sprite or 3D)
6. Vegeta vs Thor (3D)
7. Eren vs Ken Kaneki - because Attack on Titan new season (sprite)
8. Random Naruto episode - from season 4 there is at least one Naruto episode per season (sprite or 3D)
9. Random Bleach episode - because Bleach comeback (sprite or 3D)
10. Spike vs Revy - Cowboy Bebop live action show, despite the fact being at best mediocre, managed to raise hype for this series (hand drawn or live action)
11. Serious Sam vs Duke Nukem - recently Serious Sam game came out and Duke's memes are quite popular (3D)
12. Aloy vs Nariko - because new Horizon game in this year (3D)
or
12. Dante vs Kratos - new God of War and Devil May Cry (but, only on smartphones) games (3D)
13. Megamind vs Gru - winner of community Death Battle (3D)
14. Harry Potter vs Percy Jackson - because Harry Potter tv show (spirite or 3D)
or
14. Dumbledore vs Gandalf - because Harry Potter or Lord of the Ring tv shows (sprite or 3D)
15. Meta Knight vs Zero - because new Kirby game (sprite)
16. Black Adam vs Apocalypse - bacause Black Adam movie (spite or 3D)
or
16. Morbius vs Manbat - because Morbius movie (3D or sprite) potential halloween episode
17. Geralt of Rivia episode - because of The Witcher tv show new season (3D)
18. Bakugo vs Yang Xiao Long - because new Boku no Hero Academia season and obligatory RoosterTeeth shill (3D)

19. Neo episode - because new Matrix movie (3D or sprite)
20. Galactus vs Unicron - because new Transformers movie with Unicron (3D) probably season finale

I've seen this dude at the tope of pretty much every category on the wiki and he seems like such a Mary Sue Competence **** hypergenius, what are his best match-ups and why is he such a bitch to fight?

I've seen this dude at the tope of pretty much every category on the wiki and he seems like such a Mary Sue Competence **** hypergenius, what are his best match-ups and why is he such a bitch to fight?
Kirby is his best matchup.

Also, he kind of is that, but it's much more entertaining in practice than in theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back