• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last years have absolutely made me almost null on comics matches.

Vegeta vs Thor are returnees, who have valid reasons to return sure, but this is weirdly pseudo-Hulk vs Broly lite. We got general vibes from that already. And comics' significantly worse consistency makes me dislike high-balled comics in DB.

SW vs ZTN is fair, although I personally don't care. Magneto is fair, but if stomps are a valid criticism, then he has no excuse. Also they'll prolly lowball Mags and thus comics are inconsistent as ****.

I liked DCAU Harley, but I have no interest on modern Harley. The only value I might get is getting a DC L to non-Marvel.

Overuse itself isn't issue in a way, I don't feel this way with SF or Sonic, but that's because we are at absurd comics use. Marvel and DC has more than SF + Sonic combined, practically 3x usage when compared one by one. It feels way worse with early seasons lacking comics fights too.

"But wasn't Black s RF great?", well yes. But uhh, why would we need a comics MU to get a good fight? They should be able to make good fight without it being comics.

I hate that I am already getting year 3 of "comics are ruined in DB" again. Comics in DB is a low hanging fruit of beaten horse.

My predictions for S9 upper half

1. Tanjiro vs Jonathan
2. Mewtwo vs Tetsuo
3. Scarlet Witch vs Zattanna
4 SW Bounty hunter Battle Royale
5 Harley vs Jinx
6 Gru vs Megamind
7 Dexter vs Jimmy
8 Vegeta vs Thor

image0.png
Maybe we are finally going to get some older anime/manga series like Lupin III, Shaman King or Saint Seiya, that would be nice if it happen.

Last edited:
You know, after seeing how well the team can still do hand-drawn animations with Saitama vs Popeye, I'm of the opinion now that should Hit vs Sakuya happen, it needs to be 2D hand-drawn. That shit combined with how crazy they could get with their powers could lead to something badass as shit, and potentially a 10/10 episode. What do y'all think?
I'd personally prefer it just be an excellently done sprite battle. Considering how good Reverse Flash vs Goku Black was, I could see Sakuya vs Hit being very similar in quality if handled properly (probably not as fun, though few things are as fun as RF v GB)

Okay, I've been listening to this non-stop since its release, and I just gotta ask if we can get some appreciation for this track? This might be my new favorite track in Death Battle.

Love the part where it slows down for Saitama's monologue, I think a lot of fights miss these quieter moments.

Big fan of the track personally honestly. Dunno why but the section right after the 8bit part really vibes with me a lot. Really good battle track.

I guess at the time DB weren't as great nor had enough experience with custom sprites with those two
Naruto vs Ichigo was in S4 and Sasuke vs Hiei was S6

sakuya_izayoi2.gif.16dae19e46fa25288bc2d9b32bb0d363.gif

Too iconic to not use
They'd probably make her a custom sprite to avoid artstyle clash. I'd be interested to see how it'd look as well tbh.
Maybe we are finally going to get some older anime/manga series like Lupin III, Shazam King or Saint Seiya, that would be nice if it happen.
I'd really love a Lupin fight, Lupin III vs Sly is one of my personal favorites.

Connections
Kamen Rider Wizard
Happy-go-lucky outcast orphans who were more physically gifted than their peers. Both of them lost their parents and gained a literal beast within them due to the scheming of two very similar villains who are mainly motivated by the loss of a young female loved one (Wiseman and Obito) both incidents involved a horrific ritualistic sacrifice that left them the only survivor Naruto and Wizardragon's relationship, development and fighting style are very similar to Naruto and Kurama and while Wizardragon never grows much bigger. Wizard has power over the four elements, his own "Kurama" with the exact same kind of progression of forms as Naruto himself (humanoid yet feral form, a forced form that has the beast under their rigid control, and then a beast form where they work together as partners). Both also prefer to use the same things in their arsenal; both preferring a single element, clones, and a short blade

5z3slm.jpg

Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas

And Ororo Munroe creating a planetary storm is yielding over 500 exatons of TNT - higher than Esdeath's "continental ice storm" at over 280 petatons of TNT with preparation but still lower than Hiei's share in that cloud parting feat of 142.5 zettatons of TNT. Oh even Dio parting a smaller cloud with a laser beam that cut partly Jonathan's arms yielded over 10 megatons of TNT. Okay Jonathan will win over Tanjiro.

(by 3dmpro)
Thanks to that now we have giga chad Popeye a thing now.

Any opponent for Santa Claus of Marvel Comics?
SAL0Fo1t1c6AXu3oBOckT0-tsOMQTTyxNBeUJq7WfX4.jpg

He's pretty powerful without the Infinity Gauntlet too due to being an omega level mutant, he's not a joke character.
Santa Claus from Detective Comics of course.

darkseid.jpg

Surprise: this DC Santa actually matched Darkseid, Lobo and Black Adam.

Honestly, it's kinda hard to argue that every Santa in Marvel or DC is the same character, given just how different almost every single appearance is. One of the instances of DC Santa can be explained with just how batshit insane Lobo is, but everyone else is hard to justify being the same guy.

Honestly, it's kinda hard to argue that every Santa in Marvel or DC is the same character, given just how different almost every single appearance is. One of the instances of DC Santa can be explained with just how batshit insane Lobo is, but everyone else is hard to justify being the same guy.
Most would consider Marvel Santa Claus and DC Santa Claus be different persons.

Well I would say matching different heralds one on one means Santa is herald tier (at least what intended by the author).

Except Iron Man can tap into skyfather but nobody knows how skyfather he is when fighting Marvel Santa.

Funny that thanos vs darkseid is basically infinity gauntlet vs new god physiology, meanwhile the two santas are a infinity gauntlet wielder vs a new god humiliator
Are Rooster Teeth staff members ready to make Marvel Santa vs DC Santa though. Esp. as a winter episode. (Keep in mind this has been a Community Death Battle before.)

I'm tempted to make an "Umineko Santa wins" joke now because of the discussions above.
Looking forward to it.

People with distorted desire have shadows. Giorno doesn't fit that category of people.
There are some people who has some dark spirits called shadows. As shadows are malevolent manifestations of one's inner thoughts, a Persona is just a manifestation of the same feelings but tamed and trained.

So if this stands, Giorno as a stand user will just have his stands as his usable persona. However, as Ren uses his persona in the isekai with a magical mobile app "Isekainabi", Giorno just uses it anywhere he wants.

Just beat Everhood. It was really good, and also the protagonist both should fight Geno and also probably obliterates Geno thanks to the right hand of Death
I doubt Everhood can ever make its way to Death Battle given bigger names like no More Heroes have not come up yet.

What are the connections between Red Mage and Geno anyway? Beside their obviously similar face

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back