• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, nothing much interesting was said, but there was a few things:
Swan and Chad wants to bring in Vampire Hunter D. Compared his respect threads to Superman level of BS.

They brought up Jimmy vs Dexter. Chat asked how they would do that match-up, they said (jokingly) that the animators would have to do in "1s".

They want to do a fight that takes place on a train, though did not know any match-ups on mind that would fit.

Wiz and Boomstick being announcers for Multiversus is a possibility.

They brought up Beerus vs Galaxia and they seem annoyed by it, Chad said they have tried everything to get it back, but has not been successful.

Black Adam vs Apocolpyse will be very different from the DBX version.

Random match-ups/DB candidates/verses thrown out:
Vampire Hunter D vs Alucard (Castlevania)
Kenshin (No match-ups on mind)
Megatron (no MU's listed)
Xena vs Kevin Sorbo's Hercules
Code Lyoko vs .hack
Any Mass Effect main character
Composite Arnold Schwarzenegger vs Composite Stallone
Columbo vs Light Yagami
Thomas the Tank Engine vs The Polar Express
Megas XLR
Swat Cats
Based as ****

(Beerus vs Sailor Galaxia)
Why would the crew be upset on or annoyed by that? That was successful as an episode and as a click drawing video (more so as a mid-season break premiere that
cuz they were talking about how much comments they get like "Thanks to Death Battle, I got into X verse, for example Berserk". Galaxia is Sailor Moon's first and only rep and now that episode is blocked from youtube.

It took like 8 months for that shit to hit a million and is largely panned by the DB community. I really don’t see how you can at all justify that episode existing.
Hey I think that episode ******* sucks and was a complete fumble on using WWE as a property, I don't like it either.

But I'm assuming their definition of "success" was different for the episode compared to others.

idk chief if an average episode can net 1mil a day or two or at worst a week hard to make excuses for that one
Yeah, this wasn't really an average episode at all. It's a very strange matchup that nobody in the versus community really talks about at all, and was only really an in joke on the Versus forums, and it had a lot of negative reception for how they handled the fight. Despite all of that it still netted hundreds of thousands of views and eventually, even if it took 8 months, hit over a million. I think people are forgetting how drastically difficult it is to even hit millions, esp with all the hangups DB has to its name.

Again, they probably expected it to do horribly, like complete dogshit, like very low hundreds of thousands of views, probably never even scratch a million. They probably view specific episodes not under the same scope of "this one HAS to hit over one million to be a success" and can view certain matchups as case by case. They probably expected it to be a complete loss but still wanted to do it nonetheless cause they wanted to do it.

In their eyes, for what they were putting in and expecting, it was a success.

Did it flop hard comparatively to other episodes? Sure. Did it succeed compared to what they expected? Yes.

That's all it really is.

So wait, new commissions open tomorrow?
He's just publishing completed comms from the last batch he opened, the 2nd volume.

Ben i need you to tell me in my face shit ton of people were screaming for Batgwen of All things over Cole vs Alex or many other MU
Okay, this reminded me of a question I've been meaning to ask for awhile now: would Wasp vs Bumblebee just be "Ant-Man vs Atom but they're girls" in the same way Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen was just "Batman vs Spider-Man but they're girls"? I had the idea in case DB REALLY wanted to do more Marvel vs DC matchups, but I don't know enough about either to know for certain...

Okay, this reminded me of a question I've been meaning to ask for awhile now: would Wasp vs Bumblebee just be "Ant-Man vs Atom but they're girls" in the same way Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen was just "Batman vs Spider-Man but they're girls"? I had the idea in case DB REALLY wanted to do more Marvel vs DC matchups, but I don't know enough about either to know for certain...
That matchup would somehow be even more redundant and unnecessary than Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen and is somehow even less requested, I seriously doubt they'd waste a slot on it.

That matchup would somehow be even more redundant and unnecessary than Batgirl vs Spider-Gwen and is somehow even less requested, I seriously doubt they'd waste a slot on it.
This really.

And we do not even have Ant-Man vs The Atom yet.

Eh, Sam deserves better.
Like Gordeau (Under Night In-Birth)?

Good luck UNIB becoming more popular outside APac.

I mean Shiki Tohno vs Hyde is one UNIB matchup requested and this is waiting in the long queue.

Swan and Chad wants to bring in Vampire Hunter D. Compared his respect threads to Superman level of BS.

Random match-ups/DB candidates/verses thrown out:
Vampire Hunter D vs Alucard (Castlevania)
Oh shit, that's cool to hear. I'd love to have another Castlevania match, we feel well overdue for one honestly.

I hear Vampire Hunter D is really cool and apparently he gives Alucard a run for his money

Oh shit, that's cool to hear. I'd love to have another Castlevania match, we feel well overdue for one honestly.

I hear Vampire Hunter D is really cool and apparently he gives Alucard a run for his money
Yeah. (And LOZ fans will cheer for D lmao)

Do we welcome it that there are more Marvel vs non-DC and DC vs non-Marvel matchups where the remaining Marvel vs DC matchups will actually be more relevant? Also gives some chances for potential returners.

That said, anyone actually feel sad characters like Moon Knight, Kamala Khan and She-Hulk cannot find a matchup this year despite them having net TV shows this year? - Hold it Deku kills Kamala Khan anyway while he also kills Gon Freccs hard. And wondering if She-Hulk vs Supergirl will be a good alternative to doing Hulk vs Superman without doing Hulk vs Superman.

Do we welcome it that there are more Marvel vs non-DC and DC vs non-Marvel matchups where the remaining Marvel vs DC matchups will actually be more relevant? Also gives some chances for potential returners.

That said, anyone actually feel sad characters like Moon Knight, Kamala Khan and She-Hulk cannot find a matchup this year despite them having net TV shows this year? - Hold it Deku kills Kamala Khan anyway while he also kills Gon Freccs hard. And wondering if She-Hulk vs Supergirl will be a good alternative to doing Hulk vs Superman without doing Hulk vs Superman.
I could see She-Hulk vs Supergirl happening, I guess, but it really doesn't seem like a priority matchup at all. She did have a TV show sure but it was kinda poorly received to my knowledge. Plus there were just more prominent matchups to do. Not every MCU show or DCEU movie is gonna net a matchup for it. We didn't get a Shang Chi MU when his movie aired for instance lol.

I could see She-Hulk vs Supergirl happening, I guess, but it really doesn't seem like a priority matchup at all. She did have a TV show sure but it was kinda poorly received to my knowledge. Plus there were just more prominent matchups to do. Not every MCU show or DCEU movie is gonna net a matchup for it. We didn't get a Shang Chi MU when his movie aired for instance lol.
Probably for the best, otherwise we would have gotten Shang Chi vs Batman.

Oh hey, BondWick at 1.14 mil+

Already beat MachoKAM lol
Macho-Aid will always be a laughing stock.

Poor WWE and YYHS verses (and other verses) not having more combatants sooner because the Rooster Teeth crew screwed up the episodes with their first representatives.

Oh WandaZee surpassed Harley Jinx in clicks a while ago.

Also apperently from the commentary they talked about slasher villain's at the beginning
Jason vs Michael bros...
Jason Voorhees vs Michael Myers
Or Nemesis vs Pyramid Head
(Or Blade vs Buffy Summers)
One of the two (possibly 3) choices really.

... Hold it we have not had male vs female episodes for Season 9 and for Halloween episodes yet. Blade vs Buffy Summers may be the first actually.

Meh really prefer they didn't but whatever gotta get the clicks
Anything else?

Fun times are ahead
Will they also have Óscar Isaac Hernández Estrada as Apocalypse? Fitting for both having a live action film.

Oh, Female vs Male MU has technically happened in every season so far. It could miss out this season tho.

Sega might get a rep this season, but Nintendo might miss out a season at this rate.
1. Maybe. But kind of a bummer.
2. Bummer.

Hold it.

Does Shulk vs Lightning count as a Nintendo vs Square Enix episode? This also counts as a male vs female episode.
Oh Ash Ketchum vs Lucy Heartfilia is also overdue.

BondWick seems to just a slow start but now getting a decent boost now
Oh, Female vs Male MU has technically happened in every season so far. It could miss out this season tho.

Sega might get a rep this season, but Nintendo might miss out a season at this rate.
Weird considering Nintendo properties in comparison to Sega

Adam's prolly winning, but comment on Wiki mentioned this thingie.

Sth that grants power on par of Phoenix Force. If this can be given to Apoc, does it actually matter or is it a no go in context?

Shang-Chi has Cassandra Cain or Karate Kid......another DC vs Marvel though lol

Honestly if she Hulk is gonna fight someone from DC it should atleast be someone with a comparable Power set like Big Barda ( who very much deserves a DB alongside Mr. Miracle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back