• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
**** it DB should do this
FGawgCaVkAcHwGq.jpg:large
Doesn’t BB win? Because idk where they would put Boros lol

I guess it's to casuals who only play party games would assume "hey it's another anthropomorphic hedgehog so he's exactly like Sonic with more". Where as basically everyone knows no none villain/fusion in DBS are equal to Goku and Vegeta.

Hoping Ben Singers influence doesn't scorn the character too much, he's still the 3rd fastest which is saying something given the other 2 are literal speed demons and if Enerjek and Scourge have anything to go by he can certainly hang with Sonic and Shadow.

I guess it's to casuals who only play party games would assume "hey it's another anthropomorphic hedgehog so he's exactly like Sonic with more". Where as basically everyone knows no none villain/fusion in DBS are equal to Goku and Vegeta.

Hoping Ben Singers influence doesn't scorn the character too much, he's still the 3rd fastest which is saying something given the other 2 are literal speed demons and if Enerjek and Scourge have anything to go by he can certainly hang with Sonic and Shadow.
well if Sasuke didn't get shit on in his Episode despite Ben hating him sure Ben can reign it in

i mean Sonic whole thing is "Fastest Thing Alive" and Knuckles is more known for his strength than any other character in the series
Yeah that's fair, and Silvers is more known for his intellect and psychokinesis since those are attributes Sonic and Knuckles don't have

Yup can confirmed what Derp said. Silver got more stuff in his preview than Trunks did so far

Characters with longer previews than the other usually end up being the winner

I need them to stop teasing us and just give us a Bowser fight already. They gave Ganondorf a runback, it's about time for the King Koopa to have the spotlight.
What was the tweet? It's gone now

Also there's no way they're not having him fight Eggman. Sonic v Mario and Eggman v Bowser are the only Sonic v Mario matchups actually worth doing really, and Eggman v Bowser is an incredibly popular legacy matchup that they did a DBC for last season. No way its not happening this season or next.

What was the tweet? It's gone now

Also there's no way they're not having him fight Eggman. Sonic v Mario and Eggman v Bowser are the only Sonic v Mario matchups actually worth doing really, and Eggman v Bowser is an incredibly popular legacy matchup that they did a DBC for last season. No way its not happening this season or next.
It was a Death Battle Cast for Bowser vs Dedede, but apparently it got changed so they deleted the tweet.

**** it DB should do this
FGawgCaVkAcHwGq.jpg:large
It's gonna happen, didn't Swan recently express interest in it too? Boros' final attack was put at around planet level in Saitama's episode, so he'll probably be multi-continental base and planetary in his awakened form against a planetary Battle Beast, who has the speed edge. Pretty cool matchup tbh but another OPM loss.

Not sure about Knuckles but yeah, seems logical that Silver's not as fast as Sonic. They should still be in the same tier of speed though, so that's largely irrelevant.
Yeah, they're all still immeasurable, Sonic just, of course, always has the edge being the literal speed demon of the franchise and Knuckles is, yknow, the power character. I doubt this is anything to worry about. If his preview is already up let me listen to it actually.
It was a Death Battle Cast for Bowser vs Dedede, but apparently it got changed so they deleted the tweet.
Oh, huh, interesting. I REALLY doubt they'd pull Dedede back before Eggman ngl... Bowser isn't even one of Dedede's most popular matchups anymore I dont think? Bowser v Eggman's a lot more popular, and Eggman hasn't been in since Season 1, he's in desperate need of a runback, unless they REALLY wanna re-run Eggman v Wily.

Yeah, they're all still immeasurable, Sonic just, of course, always has the edge being the literal speed demon of the franchise and Knuckles is, yknow, the power character. I doubt this is anything to worry about. If his preview is already up let me listen to it actually.

Oh, huh, interesting. I REALLY doubt they'd pull Dedede back before Eggman ngl... Bowser isn't even one of Dedede's most popular matchups anymore I dont think? Bowser v Eggman's a lot more popular, and Eggman hasn't been in since Season 1, he's in desperate need of a runback, unless they REALLY wanna re-run Eggman v Wily.
Unfortunately, it was only up for like 15 minutes before the copyright goblins got it. It basically just covered his backstory and part of his list of abilities. Oh yeah, and Boomstick remarks that the winner's a doozy. That doesn't have me excited or anything.

I wouldn't mind Eggman vs Wily honestly. Two egotistical geniuses going head to head sounds like the perfect recipe for amazing banter. Archie already gave us a great glimpse of that, it'd be up to Death Battle to expand on it.

It's gonna happen, didn't Swan recently express interest in it too? Boros' final attack was put at around planet level in Saitama's episode, so he'll probably be multi-continental base and planetary in his awakened form against a planetary Battle Beast, who has the speed edge. Pretty cool matchup tbh but another OPM loss.
Unless they use that Guidebook that said Boros was Star Level in his Meteoric Burst Form, which isn't a crazy outlier anymore thanks to Garou and Saitama's Fight. Not saying I agree with it, just saying they could potentially do that.

Unfortunately, it was only up for like 15 minutes before the copyright goblins got it. It basically just covered his backstory and part of his list of abilities. Oh yeah, and Boomstick remarks that the winner's a doozy. That doesn't have me excited or anything.

I wouldn't mind Eggman vs Wily honestly. Two egotistical geniuses going head to head sounds like the perfect recipe for amazing banter. Archie already gave us a great glimpse of that, it'd be up to Death Battle to expand on it.
Its up on Rooster Teeth still, for some reason. Not sure why we got it so early lol. But yeah, it's just noting some of his abilities and going over his storyline before he time travels for the first time.

Super speed and Super strength, though not to the same degree as Sonic or Knuckles respectively. Psychokinesis, Chaos Control (which they specifically mention news Super forms while showing Sonic 06) & Chronos Control, A Warp Ring (and all the benefits netted by them or Power Rings) & Time Stone (enhancing Chronos Control & Time Powers). No stats yet tho.

We did unfortunately get another "Archie is so weird guys!" Joke but it looks like it's just sticking towards that one at the beginning luckily.

I think Garou? I’ve seen arguments for Raoh via MT
I'm pretty sure Raoh via MT & Hokuto/Nanto

Ya know the more I think about a debate I had

What are MU that you guys feel really doesn't need to happened? Via redundancy, Stomps etc
My standard for a MU that doesn't need to happen is "Do I have a mighty need to see these characters interact/fight?" And if it doesn't meet that standard, off to the garbage.

Ya know the more I think about a debate I had

What are MU that you guys feel really doesn't need to happened? Via redundancy, Stomps etc
I don't mind stomps as long as there's really close thematic connections or at least one reasonable argument you can make out of the stomped character losing. Or alternatively, being able to tell a really good story with the matchup. Its honestly hard to find matchups that AREN'T stomps one way or another.

I know a lot of ppl disliked Tetsuo vs Magneto, but I think thematically it was really good, there were a couple of arguments for Tetsuo being able to take it, and the story told with the matchup is excellent, that helps circumnavigate a lot of issues for me. Kasen vs Fleetway Sonic is a personal favorite matchup of mine, initially I thought it was pretty close with a decisive Kasen victory, but overtime I've realized the matchup is pretty heavily skewed in Kasen's favor as i've learned more about Touhou's higher tier stats & haxx. Despite that, I think the matchup has good connections, excellent fight potential, and the chance to tell a really good story & have great character interactions despite that.

I think despite the fact we're getting Xeno Trunks vs Archie Silver, something like Xeno Goku vs Archie Sonic could still happen just fine, as this wouldn't quite "answer" that matchup, as Xeno Goku has a lot of his own factors in his favor, alongside Archie Sonic. On the other hand, we don't really need something like Reverse Flash vs Scourge, as it'd just be a repetitive conversation but with less in Scourge's favor. Piccolo vs MMH was a big one, even though I don't mind a DBS character getting fed to comics that matchup in particular is just lame imo lol.

Frankly speaking I'll give some examples of my own

Dragon Ball vs Marvel/DC:
Marvel at least gives us Gorr vs Zamasu and Arguably Cell vs Super Skrull, DC feels like same shit different day vibes
Piccolo and Gohan Mu from there are just retreading Goku vs Superman but this edition with an outcome having the DB character eat dirt
At least Dragon Ball scored two dubs over marvel, it being DC bitch on the show doesn't sit well with me

Bleach vs Naruto:
When u did two of the biggest MU involving that had folks malding over the outcomes, I see no reason anymore that wouldn't feel like giving a crumb to Belch

Frankly speaking I'll give some examples of my own

Dragon Ball vs Marvel/DC:
Marvel at least gives us Gorr vs Zamasu and Arguably Cell vs Super Skrull, DC feels like same shit different day vibes
Piccolo and Gohan Mu from there are just retreading Goku vs Superman but this edition with an outcome having the DB character eat dirt
At least Dragon Ball scored two dubs over marvel, it being DC bitch on the show doesn't sit well with me

Bleach vs Naruto:
When u did two of the biggest MU involving that had folks malding over the outcomes, I see no reason anymore that wouldn't feel like giving a crumb to Belch
Some folks in the discord have been saying Cooler vs Blackfire is growing in popularity, and that they'd like to see Xeno Cooler vs Blackfire.

Some folks in the discord have been saying Cooler vs Blackfire is growing in popularity, and that they'd like to see Xeno Cooler vs Blackfire.
Xeno Cooler is much easier to work given Z Era Cooler things goes like

He fought Goku and got sent to the sun

Next time he backs but new body thanks to the big gete Star

Xeno Cooler avoids alot of those issues

Tho really I want Cooler to be Canon to give it more oomph

For Marvel/DC and Dragon Ball, they need to use more Heroes/Xenoverse, so that Dragon Ball doesn't just get stomped by any relevant character. This also means no more herald battles either to avoid a stomp the other way. I can only see DBH God Tiers vs DC/Marvel higher but-not-too-high tiers.

Something like Demigra vs Trigon etc.

I know people generally preferred old music, but I still like hearing analysis and what kind of music they use to see if it fits. The animations in analysis are generally pretty good lately too.

You know I'm aware that the general consensus for most of us is "Keysword GG" here, but outside that does Heroes have any 5-D scaling to speak of outside Beat's World(which in itself is pretty dubiously believed)? I ask this because if Ultraguy has the Archie verse at 5-D then this DB IMO is much more complicated then what's being assumed

Really hoping that Silver wins mainly not about the bragging but it's about sending a message, also cause the last Archie got cheated out of a W and would like to see them get out on a winning streak.

Is there a proposal for 12-d^ scaling for archie cosmology ooc, asking since I've seen someone bringing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back