• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ichiban vs Josuke Higashikata from Jojo is his big matchup rn I think. This matchup kind of varies wildly depending on a single feat, and has some interesting stuff going into it. So Ichiban in base is actually stronger and faster, with Josuke's speed being peak human with Relatavistic+ reactions, while Ichiban has hypersonic reactions and combat speed (and one lightning speed attack due to... attacking with actual lightning), he's definitely outpacing Josuke himself, but the big thing is his stand. His stand is Relatavistic+, with a Speed of Light reaction due to tagging another SoL stand. He can also potentially reach FTL speeds, but its situational and dependent on his distance from Josuke in the first place. Josuke himself would not be able to take a hit from Ichiban due to his higher AP, and even if his stand hit Ichiban, they're both comparable in AP and it wouldn't kill him, due to both being building level. The fight could generally come down to if Ichiban could speed blitz and take out Josuke before he materializes his stand, or if he'd be able to hang in against Josuke for long enough after summoning it to get in a definitive finishing blow, which is arguable due to Ichiban's myriad of different weapons and classes and styles, not to mention his summons, and the ways he has to keep in the battle with his healing items and effects like being able to survive a fatal blow. It's also arguable that Ichiban could see and directly combat Josuke's stand, due to him being able to see and interact with spirits in the real world, and downscaling from Kiryu, who was able to physically punch and put spirits to rest with his bare hands.

HOWEVER Josuke does have some wincons. For one, the Speed of Light tagging his stand pulled off definitely outclasses Ichiban's speed, and he could potentially beat down Ichiban in time before he could seal the deal on Josuke. It also seems that when Josuke is enraged he can bypass conventional durability by fusing people together with other objects, which would bypass Ichiban's durability. The argument could generally go either way..... but....

What throws a wrench in this MU is if you buy the Satellite laser or not. The satellite laser is.... interesting, as its pretty hard to deny that it exists and is real, Ichiban should realistically be able to summon the satellite laser and hit his opponent with it, which based on calculations, would likely be somewhere in Tier 6 based on it splitting clouds the way it did. This is obviously, far, far beyond Josuke's pedigree and would kill him instantly. I'd say he has a pretty solid wincon on this front, if he's in danger of death, pulling back and just dropping a satellite laser on Josuke would absolutely do the job and put him under. However, scaling Ichiban (or any Yakuza character for that matter) to the laser itself is ABSOLUTELY preposterous. It's the definition of an outlier and Tier 6 Yakuza, as incredibly based as that sounds, should not be scaled to every character. It belongs EXPLICITLY to this ONE summon that Ichiban has.

So yeah, I lean towards Ichi taking this matchup, he has greater variety, could debatably see Josuke's stand, some interesting gimmicks to keep him in the game longer, summons to help him out, obviously outclasses Josuke physically and can at least match his stands' regular output, though would struggle with its higher speeds, and if using the Satellite laser, has an easy instant kill method available at the press of a button. However he absolutely could be killed via being outpaced by Josuke's stand at its higher end speeds and killed with its dura negging abilities.
Okay, something that bothers me with this: how does Josuke have dura neg? I’ve read the manga twice and I’ve watch the anime 3 times and I have no clue where this comes from. Last time I checked Josuke was able to fuse people into objects by like basically breaking them apart no? Although I generally agree with this

So apparently Trunks uses a handier time travel device to time travel. (Well not before he joins Time Patrol)

Can Archie Silver just "sorry was that important" that? Esp. with his telekinesis (at one point so accurate he can pull some molecules from a planet surface something like that anyone can remind me?) and his own powers being more inherent (unless you want to say Silver's haxes come from items like the rings and emeralds and those said items can also be crushed)

Or can EOS Trunks ALWAYS summon a Keysword and that Keysword is always "awakened" and that sword can give him time powers?

I will admit however, if I read from DBW profiles right, XTrunks has energy absorption, which IMO should be better than ASilver's energy redirection.

Seems high enough.
So then if he fights Megatron, the question then would be if Megatron scales to anything remotely close to that
My bigger question is: how big is the animation crew going to make Megatron

Last edited:
Okay, something that bothers me with this: how does Josuke have dura neg? I’ve read the manga twice and I’ve watch the anime 3 times and I have no clue where this comes from. Last time I checked Josuke was able to fuse people into objects by like basically breaking them apart no? Although I generally agree with this
I'll be honest with you I ******* hate Jojo so I was just reading his profile to go over that MU. The dura neg is the fusing people into objects, I'm not sure how that equivs to anything and I really dont want to watch the anime to know right now lol.

So apparently Trunks uses a handier time travel device to time travel. (Well not before he joins Time Patrol)

Can Archie Silver just "sorry was that important" that? Esp. with his telekinesis (at one point so accurate he can pull some molecules from a planet surface something like that anyone can remind me?) and his own powers being more inherent (unless you want to say Silver's haxes come from items like the rings and emeralds and those said items can also be crushed)

Or can EOS Trunks ALWAYS summon a Keysword and that Keysword is always "awakened" and that sword can give him time powers?

I will admit however, if I read from DBW profiles right, XTrunks has energy absorption, which IMO should be better than ASilver's energy redirection.
But yeah, Archie Silver should be able to remove the time travel device, either with his telekinesis, breaking its functionality with technomagic causing it to shut down/short circuit, or outright turn it into a useless crystal.

A chunk of Silver's haxxes are innate, they're just empowered further by external sources. He can time travel on his own, but his powers are empowered by a Time Stone, which completely governs time, for instance. Rings and Emeralds just net him extra resistances or large quantities of chaos energy to go super with.

Archie Silver ALSO has energy absorption, that point equals out, neither could really absorb the other's energy as a wincon. He can either absorb energy or just outright reflect XTrunks' attacks back at him with redirection.

I thought the IDW comics had some Multiversal stuff in it
IDW Comics haven't passed planetary yet to my knowledge. Admittedly I'm not caught up on IDW rn, I haven't read past Metal Virus yet, but I'm pretty sure Metal Virus has had the peak of the scale so far. Honestly I kinda doubt the IDW Comics will ever get Multiversal stuff, well, at least not for another several years.

I'll be honest with you I ******* hate Jojo so I was just reading his profile to go over that MU. The dura neg is the fusing people into objects, I'm not sure how that equivs to anything and I really dont want to watch the anime to know right now lol.
Fair enough, I'm kinda the same way about Eva and Re:zero, although I still follow Eva, I ******* despise Eva fans

he ment Transformers
OOPS lol

Fair enough, I'm kinda the same way about Eva and Re:zero, although I still follow Eva, I ******* despise Eva fans
Yeah nah I've had an absolutely terrible time with the Jojo community. I already wasn't interested in the series but then got pressed by one of the worst fandoms I've ever interacted with. Harassing me over watching their shitty ******* anime on the day of my grandma's funeral (which was known) and everything. Soured my mood on it even further.

Maybe one day I'll give it a shot. That day is not now.

" Marvel has had similar arguments for eons now. Immeasurable - Multiversal heralds is fairly common now
at least at the peak of their arguments
DC isn't that much bigger than Marvel
Black Adam jobbed to JL a lot, Apocalypse jobbed to X-Men plenty. Higher up, they routinely body Omega Level X-Men and JSA members. At the highest, they have Skyfather scaling arguments.
At each stage of scaling, there was an equivalent on both sides.
Whether Black Adam had a strength advantage didn't matter if Apocalypse had plenty on his side to back him up."

OOPS lol

Yeah nah I've had an absolutely terrible time with the Jojo community. I already wasn't interested in the series but then got pressed by one of the worst fandoms I've ever interacted with. Harassing me over watching their shitty ******* anime on the day of my grandma's funeral (which was known) and everything. Soured my mood on it even further.

Jeez, I'm sorry man

" Marvel has had similar arguments for eons now. Immeasurable - Multiversal heralds is fairly common now
at least at the peak of their arguments
DC isn't that much bigger than Marvel
Black Adam jobbed to JL a lot, Apocalypse jobbed to X-Men plenty. Higher up, they routinely body Omega Level X-Men and JSA members. At the highest, they have Skyfather scaling arguments.
At each stage of scaling, there was an equivalent on both sides.
Whether Black Adam had a strength advantage didn't matter if Apocalypse had plenty on his side to back him up.
Where's this from?

Out of curiosity: who in your guys opinion wins Deadshot vs Bullseye? I always thought it was Deadshot, but I'm not sure. I'd personally root Deadshot aswell despite liking Bullseye better

Ken Masters vs Rock Howard DB cast replaces Bowser vs DDD for some reason.

Ken winning the vote by a landslide, but doesn't Rock Howard stomp?
Not when E Honda meteor smashing scaling comes up.
(Does that also affect a lot of prior SF matchups? Like Cammy White vs Sonya Blade, Balrog/M. Bison vs TJ Combo, ...)

Out of curiosity: who in your guys opinion wins Deadshot vs Bullseye? I always thought it was Deadshot, but I'm not sure. I'd personally root Deadshot aswell despite liking Bullseye better
I actually thought Bullseye won that one. Although Deadshot has seen recently popularity, and has likely done more insane thing being part of Suicide Squad.

Keep in mind I know jackshit about these two, I just thought Bullseye initially had it because Marvel street is usually better than DC street.

I actually thought Bullseye won that one. Although Deadshot has seen recently popularity, and has likely done more insane thing being part of Suicide Squad.

Keep in mind I know jackshit about these two, I just thought Bullseye initially had it because Marvel street is usually better than DC street.
I was told Deadshot won it because he might be more skilled and better equipped. TBH, I wanted Deadshot to win because it feels more satisfying thematically

I was told Deadshot won it because he might be more skilled and better equipped. TBH, I wanted Deadshot to win because it feels more satisfying thematically
IIRC Deadshot fought for his family while Bullseye is just an opponent against Daredevil. I can understand who has more fans rooting for.

I believe Bullseye would win against Deadshot more times than not because:
1. Rule of thumb Marvel street tier better than DC street tier unless weaknesses are exploited
2. Adamantium skeleton protects most of the vital organs of Bullseye

Alright so apparently Trunks can fly through time on his own https://imgur.io/a/iNQ3VfV
So Silver can't Reverse Flash his eggplant hair ass.

There is also another scan of I need to find of Trunks crossing dimensional barriers to intercept attacks, meaning it's combat applicable
Uh-oh. IG ASilver is in a more vulnerable position now, if not already very vulnerable considering Death Battle seldom buys extradimensional scaling unless it is Marvel vs DC.

Man, **** all those morons. I'm sorry you had to deal with such a shitty community, it's totally cool if you don't want to touch JoJo ever.

Fandoms really do ruin anything they touch.

Bullseye won against Deadshot because:
1. Rule of thumb Marvel street tier better than DC street tier unless weaknesses are exploited
2. Adamantium skeleton protects most of the vital organs of Bullseye

Uh-oh. IG ASilver is in a more vulnerable position now, if not already very vulnerable considering Death Battle seldom buys extradimensional scaling unless it is Marvel vs DC.
AP is Silver's biggest saving grace right now. Most of his gimmicks are gonna get figured out by Trunks, who has the battle IQ and experience advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back