• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Cosmology Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there current agreement that there is a dimensional wall of sorts that separates the world of the Kais, normal verse, Heaven, Hell, etc?
I mean that's a given otherwise they wouldn't be separated dimensions and you would have stuff like Hell just collapsing and fall to the Mortal World.

Is the same said about dimensional walls of sorts between universes?
Assuming that each universes are structured in the same way, each Mortal World should exist in its own dimension.

Last edited:
just because you keep repeating that it's done via physical flight doesn't mean it actually is btw
Sorry but I won't say that it was done via creating portals and took them 2 days in doing so. Also won't say that when they shown to fly off to universe 10 then they didn't. Also that guide book stating it takes 2 days to travel upto zeno palace, I don't know what to say.

Is there current agreement that there is a dimensional wall of sorts that separates the world of the Kais, normal verse, Heaven, Hell, etc?
So, the only thing people could come up with is
1. it is physical fly
2. it doesn't fit new standard

Anyway, i already brought up my points which confirm:
1. Whis can dimensional travelling
2. Universe 7 is its own space-time because of Whis dimension, back then ROSAT being inside universe is proof for U7 is its own space-time continuum and in turn other universes as well
3. A larger timeline contains smaller universal-sized space-time continuums, which mean space between universe is not regular 3D space

The cube is Angel's equipment so it is very normal to be able to do the same as Angel. SDB is Super Shenron, he is a strongest wish granting dragon, stated by Zeno to be able to do anything, and he scale above almost everyone else minus Grand Priest and Zeno

No, the Romaji of it is Kukan which mean Outer Space, however, due to it being isolated contexts it prove nothing at all, you can't even say it is a 3D space because nothing ever elaborated on it

Akira toriyama interview about Universe 7, he explicitly mentions that the world of the Kaioshins is outside the Universe

"and the Kaiōshin oversee all that from the outside"

and once again Akira toriyama mentioned that entry is impossible

all sources are taken directly from the work and said by Akira toriyama, everything he says is law.

source:

it is said that the world of the living and the dead are separated by a barrier

"the universe is located beneath the World Beyond, and it is hermetically sealed by a barrier that is engraved with a strange design".

having a different history will result in an entirely different flow of time, as demonstrated in the Black Saga.

all 12 Universes do not share the same history, different history suggests totally different times, as presented by the trunks, where an event occurs in one universe will not affect another

Each universe has its own history, like Universe 6 being a twin, although being twins have totally different histories, separated by different space-times.

For each universe, there is a distinct timeline, here it is mentioned that there are several time rings with all Kaioshins

https://imgur.com/a/tLEWtBa

Continuing... Right here, the work brings the same concept used in the databook and in other guides, where no mortal can go to the afterlife and the world of the Kaioshins

https://imgur.com/a/pT2btxj

I repeat, no mortal can go to other planes, except Gods with teleportation and angels with dimensional travel.

https://imgur.com/a/3eliPu0

There are more than three evidences, both in the manga, anime, and by Akira toriyama, the afterlife world is separate, which no mortal is able to access.

as you can see, it's still the same premise, nothing has changed, except the 12 Universes, they contain more afterlife, as you can see the world of Kaioshins and afterlife is separate, there is a barrier separating them, which is only accessible via teleportation and dimensional travel

https://imgur.com/a/e8dJvxc

It is noted that there are barriers with strange names separating the afterlife from the living world, as in the description of the databook and guide

and once again it is confirmed that no one can access another world

https://imgur.com/a/yu5t9Vc

there is also mention of another dimension, and that already has sizes confirmed in the manga

https://imgur.com/Gx6pl11
https://imgur.com/a/W3A9eEp

Of course there is more evidence, but then my text would be huge

I don't feel like writing giant posts just to address a bunch of things already countered numerous times by Executor, Luffy, ect. But the "Warp" ability is dimensional travel at Massively FTL+ speed, but it's still dimensional travel. They don't need to be teleporting or entering portals, it's just they can fly in a pattern that crosses a 4th spatial dimension; which some technically call the 5th dimension but I usually prefer to number spatial dimensions and temporal dimensions separately. But it allows him to fly to different bodies of spaces.

Luffy already brought up the "Universes having different histories" thing and Executor has a scan for different universes being different bodies of spaces. So I accept those as U7 and U6 being different space-time continuums. Thus the timeline as 2-C sized.

RoSaT stuff have no evidence period; everything points to it being closer U7's living universe than it does any of the other 11 universes. And there's 0 reason for Buu's or SSJ3 Gotenks' range to be above Beerus' as he doesn't have the power. As would Dende's range be above Beerus, Whis, or the Kaioshin as he was able to recreate the RoSaT after Vegeta destroyed it. Destroying the RoSaT also destroyed the building on the Lookout.

Also, I'm not sure where people are getting "Higher dimension", no one is saying anything about Low 1-C stuff nor does it need to be traveling between higher dimension to be dimensional travel. The proposal is merely 2-C.

As for other stuff or saying U7 is 2-C sized and by extension the rest of the timeline is even bigger levels of 2-C? I'm not sure; I don't think using Toei Anime exclusive statement to call that 2-C sized is the best idea. As for the "Demon World/Universe" in the original manga. That actually is interesting; I heard it is not the same as Hell/HFIL, but if it's another "Universe" that is also included in U7, I'm not sure if that is evidence for 2-C though.

Overall, I'm unsure but think it's best to keep the respective tiers where they currently are.
there's more stuff, but it's a lot of text and a lot of scans

Sorry but I won't say that it was done via creating portals and took them 2 days in doing so. Also won't say that when they shown to fly off to universe 10 then they didn't. Also that guide book stating it takes 2 days to travel upto zeno palace, I don't know what to say.
dimensional travel isn't limited to only this, bro
Screenshot_100.png

dimensional travel isn't limited to only this, bro
Screenshot_100.png
I don't get your point actually. Dimensional travel is nothing more than travelling between Dimensions regardless the way you do it. It doesn't matter to this case as long as it's done via something that distance component is not involved (portals, teleportation, etc), it doesn't matter.

If you mean the second section of the TIering FAQ then all it says is that 3D travel from one space to another is counter-evidence. Higher dimensional travel and stuff is already explicitly not included.
Of course, what is what needs to be judged based on the surrounding context. For example, if a character clearly does just fly off in a regular 3D way and then is at some point at the other space, I wouldn't assume that they just happened to activate their dimensional travel (via portal, higher D movement or teleportation) after flying for a week for little to no reason. Nor would I assume that they happened to find a portal. At least, unless there really is very solid explanation regarding how universes are separated.

-Donttalkdt

(via portal, higher D movement)
there's no need to assume, because Whis & co didn't just make a stop in U10 after a long flight. The animators made an effort to show them appearing through a portal, and that cosmic-ass looking portal promptly closed once they arrived. This point has been made countless times in this thread already, i think we're all getting tired of going around in circles here

there's no need to assume, because Whis & co didn't just make a stop in U10 after a long flight. The animators made an effort to show them appearing through a portal, and that cosmic-ass looking portal promptly closed once they arrived. This point has been made countless times in this thread already, i think we're all getting tired of going around in circles here
Breaching a dimensional barrier is not opening a portal, you aren't taking a entrance or gate, you're breaking into a another dimension. They fly off to U7 in the regular way and Dimensional barrier is bound to be breached.

Breaching a dimensional barrier is not opening a portal, you aren't taking a entrance or gate, you're breaking into a another dimension. They fly off to U7 in the regular way and Dimensional barrier is bound to be breached.
burden of proof is on you, prove that it was a broken dimensional barrier and not a portal

burden of proof is on you, prove that it was a broken dimensional barrier and not a portal
That's something is on you. They fly off from one universe to another, dimensional barrier came in the middle and it'll be breached.

All the case above is bound to happen if they fly off and that's exactly what was brought up here by @SSJGeminiJJ that they fly off very fast that it breached the dimensional barrier and so I don't need to prove it given all this.

Now, your case, they travelled all the way to the end of the universe (why didn't opened a portal or used teleportation in the first place before all this?) and while flying w/o stopping opened a portal there just to reach a inch ahead and kept flying. Extraordinary claim requires extraordinary evidence.

Basically in your post you said that dimensional travel via flight is breaking our standards but perhaps you might’ve meant something else by it but that’s what was said and I was trying to correct it
no, i said that travel to another space time via flight break our standards

basically, plus what separates the universes is regular 3D space and cosmos, as shown here this scene happens in the dimension between universes, it has its own cosmos planets and galaxies even, making not the higher dimension that by our standards should be between space times

basically, plus what separates the universes is regular 3D space and cosmos, as shown here this scene happens in the dimension between universes, it has its own cosmos planets and galaxies even, making not the higher dimension that by our standards should be between space times
Why contain planets, galaxies and other things make it not higher dimension??, this logic make no sense, there is no standard stated that that higher dimension should not contain objects

Why contain planets, galaxies and other things make it not higher dimension??, this logic make no sense, there is no standard stated that that higher dimension should not contain objects
3D objects like light should be able to move in higher dimensions, yet the light of the stars in the realm between universes can, planets shouldn't be able to move, yet they can in db, the very thing that make planets come into existance is 3D movement, which is impossible in a higher dimension

the dimension dormammu is still considered a higher dimension? If so they also have planets in them, I don't see anything refuting that.

The depiction is one of like normal space regardless, the entire thing is inside one timeline and the flight is possible, so separation must be proved about higher Dimension or atleast something that is unreachable and cannot be transversed but I can see that neutral space has quite being shown (which shouldn't have been done in the first place) and has depiction of normal spaces at that characters, things are crossing it and can transverse it at that? Hell nah.

the dimension dormammu is still considered a higher dimension? If so they also have planets in them, I don't see anything refuting that.
A verse you don't know about shouldn't bring up in the first place, nothing in MCU is w/o explicit statement, do Dragonball have such thing?

I didn't quote you my friend, so try to respect my question to him, is that ok with you?
he answered your question
A verse you don't know about shouldn't bring up in the first place, nothing in MCU is w/o explicit statement, do Dragonball have such thing?
mcu has explicit statements, db does not, in fact they don't eve use the kanji for higher dimension to describe it

I don't even know what the MCU has to do with this but the Dark Dimension is described like this
I'm connected about the dimension, since it appeared, but we are referring to higher DIMENSIONS having planets in them, I noticed that in the dark dimension it's like this lol

I'll make a full reply soon, but for the record, the Super Dragon Balls from the U6 Tournament were not distributed between Universe 6 and 7. They were all native to Universe 6. Universe 7 has its own Super Dragon Balls.
even if this is true, the argument stays mostly the same

In any case, here's what I've determined so far.

All twelve universe spheres are separated from the neutral space between them by dimensional walls.

As shown by the angels and the cube, they cause distortions in space that allow them to use a form of white space to pass through the walls.

Per Champa, mortals can't go to another universe by simply flying in one direction. Hit was lured into the tournament because he had a need for the Cube. I don't know how Hit arrived at or left U7 for his assassination mission, but it should be clear that it's not from his own power, otherwise, he wouldn't be tempted for the cube.

Last edited:
In any case, here's what I've determined so far.

All twelve universe spheres are separated from the neutral space between them by dimensional walls.

As shown by the angels and the cube, they cause distortions in space that allow them to use a form of white space to pass through the walls.

Per Champa, mortals can't go to another universe by simply flying in one direction. Hit was lured into the tournament because he had a need for the Cube. I don't know how Hit arrived at or left U7 for his assassination mission, but it should be clear that it's not from his own power, otherwise, he wouldn't be tempted for the cube.
yes they are different dimensions but they aren't different space times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back