• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Akira himself said that they didn't listen to him and didn't want to change things, even the creator of this movie said that he knew absolutely nothing about Dragon Ball, sorry, but that's not official at all, bro. That doesn't sound like Dragon Ball to me, there's no script for one, terrible development, the creator was just trying to make money out of it '-'

I can't understand where you're going with all this, since the evidence I've put in your hands makes it not official Dragon Ball at all
Luffy, none of this matters.

It's licensed and officially released media. Toriyama could call it the Devil's Work today and it wouldn't stop it from being that way.

Does it suck as a story? Yeah, fine. But quality and approval =/= licensing.

We lack information of where Vegeta and Nappa were, and how much time Goku actually spent. According to the Daizenshuu chronology, if we assume he was sent in the beginning of year 737, and got there by June-August like the page says, he took 7-8 months, which is reasonable.

Keep in mind that the Daizenshuu claims Goku was born this year, that has been retconned.
That's useful. Though, wait, what?
How & why was that birth year retconned? & if it's not that, then what is it?

It's licensed and officially released media. Toriyama could call it the Devil's Work today and it wouldn't stop it from being that way.

This film was not licensed by Toei, this company had the rights to Dragon Ball of course, but the film itself is not official, it has no plot based faithfully on the work, although you can say that She has the right to the films, that's right, but being an official is another story.

This entire conversation funny as hell
Yeah I can't believe I'm arguing so heatedly about if a bad adaptation of an anime is considered officially licensed or not I hate having high functioning autism sometimes, it makes me needlessly passionate about topics which are quite frankly irrelevant...which I had this level of passion in my day to day life

YES! THANK YOU! This is what I've been trying to say for the last literal hour or so, maybe now I can finally go to bed and nurse the headache that's rapidly approaching my brain right now

This film was not licensed by Toei, this company had the rights to Dragon Ball of course, but the film itself is not official, it has no plot based faithfully on the work, although you can say that She has the right to the films, that's right, but being an official is another story.
That doesn't matter. It was licensed and released by a company with part of the rights to the IP.

Luffy no one is arguing this is canon or part of the "story of Dragon Ball" but it is still a released piece of media with official licensing and copyright.

By the logic used on this thread, the Norse entries of God of War aren't official media cause David Jaffe dislikes them.

Yeah I can't believe I'm arguing so heatedly about if a bad adaptation of an anime is considered officially licensed or not I hate having high functioning autism sometimes, it makes me needlessly passionate about topics which are quite frankly irrelevant...which I had this level of passion in my day to day life

YES! THANK YOU! This is what I've been trying to say for the last literal hour or so, maybe now I can finally go to bed and nurse the headache that's rapidly approaching my brain right now
Get better soon man. I know how much that can suck.

Get better soon man. I know how much that can suck.
I know man. I'm honestly on the crux of getting really mad about this, but I acknowledge that it's not a good fit as a user on here to get needlessly aggressive when talking about stuff like this so, knowing that and not wanting to get a warning for being hostile, I'm just going to go to bed now and cool down with some well needed sleep.

Though for your sake Planck, I hope it doesn't get on your nerves as much as it has mine

I know man. I'm honestly on the crux of getting really mad about this, but I acknowledge that it's not a good fit as a user on here to get needlessly aggressive when talking about stuff like this so, knowing that and not wanting to get a warning for being hostile, I'm just going to go to bed now and cool down with some well needed sleep.

Though for your sake Planck, I hope it doesn't get on your nerves as much as it has mine
I'm good. Honestly more baffling and funny than anything else. Hating a piece of media so much it becomes fanfiction to you is peak.

That doesn't matter. It was licensed and released by a company with part of the rights to the IP.

Luffy no one is arguing this is canon or part of the "story of Dragon Ball" but it is still a released piece of media with official licensing and copyright.

By the logic used on this thread, the Norse entries of God of War aren't official media cause David Jaffe dislikes them.

But in the case of God of War Ragnarok it's different, it's a direct sequel to God of War 2018 which is a sequel to God of War 3.

The movie wasn't even produced by toei, Akira was hired to help with the script, they simply ignored everything about the manga and Akira, there was no participation on any part of toei or Akira, Fox only has distribution rights to the Dragon Ball films and that's it, simply Akira who still has the rights to the work and said that this is not Dragon Ball

I'm good. Honestly more baffling and funny than anything else. Hating a piece of media so much it becomes fanfiction to you is peak.
It's not that I hate it, it's just that it doesn't seem at all attractive to leave something like this as official, being compared to Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT

But in the case of God of War Ragnarok it's different, it's a direct sequel to God of War 2018 which is a sequel to God of War 3.

The movie wasn't even produced by toei, Akira was hired to help with the script, they simply ignored everything about the manga and Akira, there was no participation on any part of toei or Akira, Fox only has distribution rights to the Dragon Ball films and that's it, simply Akira who still has the rights to the work and said that this is not Dragon Ball

It's not that I hate it, it's just that it doesn't seem at all attractive to leave something like this as official, being compared to Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT
You keep going on about ignoring the manga and Akira as though that changes things.

It is official but not canon to mainstream Dragon Ball. Just cause its not a Toei production, doesn't mean this changes.

You think they put unlicensed fanfiction in theatres???

Edit: God of War is probably a bad example thinking more on it, given how much they canonised and acknowledged almost every appearance Kratos makes outside the main games.

@LuffyRuffy46307 Whether or not Toei or Toriyama worked on the project or not doesn't change the fact it's still an official licensed form of media that isn't literal fanfiction, the quality of the movie has no bearing on if it can stay on the wiki or not. If you have a problem with it existing, change the standard for what's allowed on the wiki or not.

@LuffyRuffy46307 Whether or not Toei or Toriyama worked on the project or not doesn't change the fact it's still an official licensed form of media that isn't literal fanfiction, the quality of the movie has no bearing on if it can stay on the wiki or not. If you have a problem with it existing, change the standard for what's allowed on the wiki or not.
You seem to not realize that Luffy doesn't care 😭

Even if Akira says no Dragon Ball and even if the creator comes to apologize for not knowing anything about Dragon Ball?

My honest reaction to this discussion:
show-me-your-hardest-db-pics-v0-58qzmp0d8kgc1.png

That's useful. Though, wait, what?
How & why was that birth year retconned? & if it's not that, then what is it?
Goku was 4 years old when he arrived on Earth, that was retconned both in Dragon Ball Minus, and DBS: Broly.
Originally, Goku was born in the same year he was sent to Earth, arriving there as a baby. Alongside Bardock, this was changed.

@DivineAura44 Well tough shit for him, if he wants it nuke then he's gonna have to make some major changes.

@LuffyRuffy46307 Yes, that's irrelevant to its existence on the page, The Last Airbender Shyamalan movie can have pages on the wiki regardless if the original creators of Avatar didn't like the project in the first place.
Hehehe, I think it's time for me to sleep, it was good to see you, little brother glass

Back