• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

I was asked to make question here. I am currently trying to fix, none deserveing regeneration and regeneration negation. And one of the stops is Dragon ball heros regeneration negation for dark ki.

Durability Negation, Immortality Negation & Regeneration Negation (Type 3; Mid-High): Evil Ki can destroy its targets at cellular level,[97] and it can stop Buu's regeneration, completely destroy him.

Is their any more evidence that support this, or is this just it?

(For me it just seems like they destroy it beyond what Buu's regeneration is capable of regenerating and isen't actually negating it.)
Cellular level of destruction is lower than Buu’s regeneration from regenerating from Smoke.

We get a statement of what level of destruction Vegeta is attacking him on and despite that he completely destroys him making him unable to regenerate.

Mid High (regen from smoke or vapor) > Low High (Regen from Cells)

So, that would mean his regeneration is indeed getti by nullified.

Cellular level of destruction is lower than Buu’s regeneration from regenerating from Smoke.

We get a statement of what level of destruction Vegeta is attacking him on and despite that he completely destroys him making him unable to regenerate.

Mid High (regen from smoke or vapor) > Low High (Regen from Cells)

So, that would mean his regeneration is indeed getti by nullified.
Thank you for clearing up my misunderstanding.

Reminds me of this collab
how-would-you-buff-the-chomper-class-v0-q5a9x3iakvhb1.jpg
bYxrdtT.png

'Goku clout' needs to identified as a real phenomenon in power scaling/battle boarding. The 'can he beat goku?' meme is mostly used to troll these days, but it didn't fall out of the sky, and most people know it. That's why so many fandoms are desperate to have their characters stronger than goku, goku has been the guy to beat, the measuring stick to gauge the best in pop culture for about two decades now.

That's why you have the Saitama bros and the gag character shit, that's why you had JJk fans unironically trying to argue Gojo can beat Goku, that's why Sonic fans are absolutely obsessed with him being stronger than goku to the point of making fan animations just to have sonic win or constantly bugging the writers with who would win questions. the Dragon Ball fandom have unironically created a shift in media culture and how it's discussed by saying ' but can he beat goku?' thirty billion times.

I see, I saw a post on Reddit about DB cosmology, so I saw a couple of guidebooks I didn't recognize like that one

Here's the post
It's well put together but it won't fly on VSBW given our goofy ahh standards. You are more likely to see these arguements accepted and or entertained in a death battle G1 blog/more casual power scaling circle, not here where 'its marketing' somehow passes as a rebuttal.

'Goku clout' needs to identified as a real phenomenon in power scaling/battle boarding. The 'can he beat goku?' meme is mostly used to troll these days, but it didn't fall out of the sky, and most people know it. That's why so many fandoms are desperate to have their characters stronger than goku, goku has been the guy to beat, the measuring stick to gauge the best in pop culture for about two decades now.

That's why you have the Saitama bros and the gag character shit, that's why you had JJk fans unironically trying to argue Gojo can beat Goku, that's why Sonic fans are absolutely obsessed with him being stronger than goku to the point of making fan animations just to have sonic win or constantly bugging the writers with who would win questions. the Dragon Ball fandom have unironically created a shift in media culture and how it's discussed by saying ' but can he beat goku?' thirty billion times.
it’s also why people bring up obscure and mid manhwa/LN characters no one cares about that “beat” Goku which is really just a classic case of OC fallacy most of the time. your comment may be satire but to anyone reading this don’t think for one second there isn’t any truth to that. I’ve been in powerscaling circles for over 12 years now it’s absolutely true

it’s also why people bring up obscure and mid manhwa/LN characters no one cares about that “beat” Goku which is really just a classic case of OC fallacy most of the time. your comment may be satire but to anyone reading this don’t think for one second there isn’t any truth to that. I’ve been in powerscaling circles for over 12 years now it’s absolutely true
Nah I absolutely mean this, saw a goku vs sonic fan animation where sonic did nothing but beat up on goku and it reminded me of those DB vs Sonic threads where certain people would only ever argue against the DB character even if they had never even seen the character's profile.

Nah I absolutely mean this, saw a goku vs sonic fan animation where sonic did nothing but beat up on goku and it reminded me of those DB vs Sonic threads where certain people would only ever argue against the DB character even if they had never even seen the character's profile.
yeah dragon ball gave these people ptsd and traumatized them it’s honestly funny how explicitly desperate they seem most of the time

People love doing this with Goku, this is to get fans' attention to get more views,since Sonic doesn't have a very large community like DB.

People love doing this with Goku, this is to get fans' attention to get more views,since Sonic doesn't have a very large community like DB.
right these people willingly and knowingly enter the lion’s den and try to be provocative and antagonistic and then go “wHY aRe DB fANs so MeAN😭😭

it’s why I don’t take the comments about “toxic DB fans” seriously until I see it for myself

most of them have zero universal ap/durability feats. showed some hax on a universal scale but nothing jaw dropping.

funny thing is, they say dragonball is just statements and zero feats while they fail to grasp that the universe/author they are voting for is known for flowery language and super consistent with keeping things around casual planet/ star level or below galaxy aka zero universal feats (No Beerus v Goku, no Zamasu, no Zeno situation).

They wish to be as clear cut as Dragonball when it comes to Galaxy - Universal stuff.

most of them have zero universal ap/durability feats. showed some hax on a universal scale but nothing jaw dropping.
this is exactly why I find Dragon Ball so amusing. no complicated hax/magic spells or anything. Just two dudes punching each other too hard is enough to threaten the destruction of a universe, its that simple. It doesnt get much more raw than that. Like even other high scaling franchises like Saint Seiya are unfortunately never gonna have someone like Seiya for example punch someone and threaten to nuke the universe. Its just never gonna happen at least in no canon work that's just how it is.
funny thing is, they say dragonball is just statements and zero feats while they fail to grasp that the universe/author they are voting for is known for flowery language and super consistent with keeping things around casual planet/ star level or below galaxy aka zero universal feats (No Beerus v Goku, no Zamasu, no Zeno situation).
dragon ball has more casual planet to universe busting feats than any other series I follow lol especially the anime versions
They wish to be as clear cut as Dragonball when it comes to Galaxy - Universal stuff.
ye

right these people willingly and knowingly enter the lion’s den and try to be provocative and antagonistic and then go “wHY aRe DB fANs so MeAN😭😭

it’s why I don’t take the comments about “toxic DB fans” seriously until I see it for myself
Really, most of us aren't even toxic, so much so that we don't even need to insult someone, people insult themselves, lol
Sonic has a massive community dude, it's just that a smaller percentage of them are power scalers compared to Dragon Ball's fandom.
Here where i live there are few people, but there aren't that many, but i'm sure other places must certainly be

Me when I see animations of Sonic characters beating DB characters or DB characters beating Sonic characters and I don't let such things affect my enjoyment and love for both franchises

Like all in honesty, does it matter who wins an animation on the internet or not? It's just made for entertainment at the end of the day and I doubt that the people who have Sonic beat Goku are doing it to bother DB fans, but just because it's meant to be entertaining. Don't put too much thought into such things lads, it'll make you feel better mentally.

I always found it hilarious that the Saiyan cast can't survive in space

But Goku could survive in a nuked timeline
Gogeta and Broly could fight in the DoSL
And then there's Dragon Ball Heroes where Saiyans can casually fly through space without any issues, that's one score in non canon Dragon Ball's favor/

Like all in honesty, does it matter who wins an animation on the internet or not? It's just made for entertainment at the end of the day and I doubt that the people who have Sonic beat Goku are doing it to bother DB fans, but just because it's meant to be entertaining. Don't put too much thought into such things lads, it'll make you feel better mentally.
you can hold that opinion while still criticizing the toxicity thats seen many times. I've been in powerscaling circles enough to know that people who make what seem like bait threads....are probably doing it to bait. Comicvine to this day is a great example of this

This is after Trunks came back for the first time
In DBZ or DBS?
And then there's Dragon Ball Heroes where Saiyans can casually fly through space without any issues, that's one score in non canon Dragon Ball's favor/
They could at least go the viltrumites way, and allow then limited space survivability......I heard it was Toriyama himself who kept insisting on this

Me when I see animations of Sonic characters beating DB characters or DB characters beating Sonic characters and I don't let such things affect my enjoyment and love for both franchises

My mutual on Twitter is cooking with that Sonic vs Goku comic

you can hold that opinion while still criticizing the toxicity thats seen many times. I've been in powerscaling circles enough to know that people who make what seem like bait threads....are probably doing it to bait. Comicvine to this day is a great example of this
I mean frankly, the whole Sonic beating Goku thing from my personal observations has only become a recent phenomenon in the last couple years. Because up until games like Sonic Frontiers came out and Sonic became more shonen, Dragon Ball was absolutely smacking around Sonic for years in animations and there are still certain circles like on Reddit that still think Sonic doesn't even reach Universal levels of power.

And mind you, because I don't want my words to be misinterpreted, this doesn't excuse the baiting of DB fans and I think it's equally as irritating as the people that bait Sonic bros. But what I'm trying to say is that it's going to always be there regardless of what you do and, to me, the best you can do is not let it bother you at all.

Back