• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Wait, can someone please kindly explain to me what RoF has to do with all this discussion? Because I can understand if this is in regards to the manga continuity, that one doesn't have Goku absorbing the strength of his first usage of SSG into his normal base power like the anime and the movie version is implied to be the canon version of the manga, but it makes no sense to use movie information for the anime when the anime did its own adaptation in the first place.

"But the events are similar between both versions!" I hear you say. Okay...I didn't see Gotenks appear in the movie, Tagoma not getting killed by Frieza and being possessed by Ginyu, or Piccolo dying to protect Gohan so how the events similar when they're so radically different? They might have similar story beats, but the examples I listed alone should be more than sufficient to say that using movie RoF for the anime continuity is pretty damn stupid.

Its called power cliffing bozo, cabba is only above the ssg forms from the earlier fights, like bog ssg goku or something of the sorts.
Vegeta to Cabba "if you keep on training, you have the potential of becoming this too".

This dude >Actually Cabba already has SSG power in base and wants to stack SSG power again with SSG. That's makes so much sense 🤓

Wait, can someone please kindly explain to me what RoF has to do with all this discussion? Because I can understand if this is in regards to the manga continuity, that one doesn't have Goku absorbing the strength of his first usage of SSG into his normal base power like the anime and the movie version is implied to be the canon version of the manga, but it makes no sense to use movie information for the anime when the anime did its own adaptation in the first place.

"But the events are similar between both versions!" I hear you say. Okay...I didn't see Gotenks appear in the movie, Tagoma not getting killed by Frieza and being possessed by Ginyu, or Piccolo dying to protect Gohan so how the events similar when they're so radically different? They might have similar story beats, but the examples I listed alone should be more than sufficient to say that using movie RoF for the anime continuity is pretty damn stupid.
Because in RoF Goku has SSG power in base and SSB as the SSJ form. Manga also had SSG in base as it says to watch the RoF movie. These things aren't radical different. You are talking like RoF movie is about Omega Shenron. Calm down.

Because in RoF Goku has SSG power in base and SSB as the SSJ form. Manga also had SSG in base as it says to watch the RoF movie. These things aren't radical different. You are talking like RoF movie is about Omega Shenron. Calm down.
Okay but that doesn't necessarily mean that what's shown and stated in the movie should be applied to the anime continuity, especially with the examples I listed. Plus isn't Goku's explanation of SSB different in the anime compared to the movie? In the movie he just says that he got a taste of Super Saiyan God and learned to tap into it on his own, where as in the anime he says the same thing on top of him stating that Blue's the Super Saiyan level of that.

Also I'm not talking about RoF like it's about Omega Shenron, but thanks for strawmaning me anyways. That definitely helps your argument out by making assumptions.

Okay but that doesn't necessarily mean that what's shown and stated in the movie should be applied to the anime continuity, especially with the examples I listed. Plus isn't Goku's explanation of SSB different in the anime compared to the movie? In the movie he just says that he got a taste of Super Saiyan God and learned to tap into it on his own, where as in the anime he says the same thing on top of him stating that Blue's the Super Saiyan level of that.

Also I'm not talking about RoF like it's about Omega Shenron, but thanks for strawmaning me anyways. That definitely helps your argument out by making assumptions.
Nope, SSB description in the anime and movie are exactly the same and in both its called just "SSJ". It's having SSG power in base and going SSJ always creating SSJ (SSB), but in U6 arc he goes yellow SSJ again...

Give me a single thread changing that
As expected there is none, because yellow SSJ has nothing to do with SSG power as explained in RoF by Whis and Goku. Keep believing that U6 SSJ3 Goku is 400x BoG SSG fan-fiction. While flat out ignoring that going SSJ on SSG power is always SSB never yellow SSJ stated and shown several times 😂 (why else do you think when Goku goes SSG than transforms he always become SSB never yellow SSJ, because only than is he multiplying SSG power 🤣)

Last edited:
Again I feel like this is easily solvable by just scaling Dragon Ball Super to Dragon Ball Heroes due to them being a part of the same multiverse, hell ToP Goku and Vegeta fought against Xeno Goku and Vegeta in World Mission which is canon to SDBH so let's just go nuts and make everyone Low 1-C and with Immeasurable speed for canon Dragon Ball.

Also I'm just going to share this

Why Super Perfect Cell? If you don't subscribe to SSG scaling angle, the manga has Goku believing that he can take on Kid Buu as a mere Super Saiyan during image training. And Cabba fought against a Super Saiyan Vegeta that had one year of training on Beerus' planet and three years of training with Goku in the HTC under his belt, meaning that Goku and Vegeta's Super Saiyan forms should be significantly stronger then Goku's at the start of Battle of Gods.

So at bare minimum, I think Cabba was Buu level at that point in the U6 arc.

image0.jpg

Again with that subject
Hey Luffy, I had a question for you if you don't mind me asking. Since I recall you talking about Sand Land a couple times in the thread, is there anything noteworthy about Sand Land's cosmology that you've noted or is it all standard stuff?

Because recently, I discovered that Super Dragon Ball Heroes added in Beelzebub from Sand Land as part of the new line up of characters for Ultra God Mission. And seeing how we currently treat appearances in Heroes, I was curious to know if SL had anything of note in it.

Here's a video of Beelzebub in Heroes for context.

Hey Luffy, I had a question for you if you don't mind me asking. Since I recall you talking about Sand Land a couple times in the thread, is there anything noteworthy about Sand Land's cosmology that you've noted or is it all standard stuff?

Because recently, I discovered that Super Dragon Ball Heroes added in Beelzebub from Sand Land as part of the new line up of characters for Ultra God Mission. And seeing how we currently treat appearances in Heroes, I was curious to know if SL had anything of note in it.

For now we only have one demon kingdom that is just like Akira planned as a magic hideout and celestial world (which he didn't speak very well), but we can see the entire celestial kingdom as if it were from Greek mythology with a bunch of child angels doing work in some kind of giant library.

i mean, does it matter? pretty sure it isn't said to be canon to DB if it is please show

bro gave Z Broly the work

i mean, does it matter? pretty sure it isn't said to be canon to DB if it is please show
I mean this is in regards to Dragon Ball Heroes only, canon Dragon Ball wouldn't be affected by this Ha! One score for non canon, unless someone takes my earlier statements seriously and tries making Heroes canon to Super.

For now we only have one demon kingdom that is just like Akira planned as a magic hideout and celestial world (which he didn't speak very well), but we can see the entire celestial kingdom as if it were from Greek mythology with a bunch of child angels doing work in some kind of giant library.
Hmm, well thanks for answering the question. If it's only based off what we're shown then I'll wait to see if Sand Land introduces anything else.

bro gave Z Broly the work
Yeah, it always bring me joy seeing Broly getting the L treatment

Hmm, well thanks for answering the question. If it's only based off what we're shown then I'll wait to see if Sand Land introduces anything else.
Unfortunately, the Sand Land anime ended, there were exactly 13 episodes and the Sand Land game will complement the story even more, it is one of the things left by Akira Toriyama.

Unfortunately, the Sand Land anime ended, there were exactly 13 episodes and the Sand Land game will complement the story even more
What does the bolded part mean specifically? Is the Sand Land game basically an expanded and further developed version of the OG story or is it a sequel?

I'm not familiar with the game other then it's based off Sand Land so that's why I'm asking this.

What does the bolded part mean specifically? Is the Sand Land game basically an expanded and further developed version of the OG story or is it a sequel?
It's not an expansion, it's kind of an adaptation with the addition of a few things there and there

I'm not familiar with the game other then it's based off Sand Land so that's why I'm asking this.
Yes, it is completely based on the anime and manga

Back