• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 100

Next time someone comes around asking questions about time skip I say we take them out back and just shoot them
I apologize for my curiousity, I did not mean to upset anyone.

Also, what if the pureheartedness of 1 or more of the absorbed Kais were making Buu hold back his evil power?

There is also evidence here that Kid Buu is the strongest

In several parts of Dragon Ball, the most powerful character is actually the smallest, cutest and youngest-looking. For example, young Goku, or Freeza and Majin Boo in their final transformations. Is that because kids are small and cute, but also want to be powerful?

I wanted to go against people’s expectation that the strong ones always get stronger and bigger. I consciously tried to switch between telling a straightforward story and telling one that was unconventional and contradictory.

Entrevista

We also can't forget that when he loses all his absorptions, Goku questions why his ki is getting bigger.

ab902c28-4727-4944-a033-38cf0f4bfe7c.gif
Goku literally says they can take Kid Buu now when he finishes. It was merely a momentary energy surge as Buu’s body morphs. Also, Buu’s energy signature is notably confusing/misleading, making you believe he is stronger or weaker than he actually is at a given moment.

0314-003.png

While we're on this delicate subject, we also have to make a crt for the Majin Buu arc that was retconned with super, maybe saga Buu low 2-C or 3-A ^__________^

If you understand me :3

Goku literally says they can take Kid Buu now when he finishes. It was merely a momentary energy surge as Buu’s body morphs. Also, Buu’s energy signature is notably confusing/misleading, making you believe he is stronger or weaker than he actually is at a given moment.

0314-003.png
This is refuted by Goku later, saying that he could not defeat Kid Buu even if he regains all his energy, so no, he couldn't, at most Goku ssj3 would be in fat Buu.

I really don't know what the mystery is.

When losing his absorptions, Goku says that Boo's Ki is increasing, and right after that the Kaioshin says that Boo lost power when he gained more heart (with the Kaioshins' absorptions)

SuperBoo didn't gain any more heart when absorbing the Z Fighters, so he didn't lose power.

So why would he be weaker than Kid Buu after absorbing the Z Warriors? Simply having greater original power.

Example.

Original Power 100 ---> 10 after absorbing the kaioshins ---> 50 after absorbing the Z warriors ---> 100 again after losing all absorptions.

It would be like that.

I dunno if I'd call it fighting on par
He lasted way longer against Kid Buu than SSJ2 Vegeta did.

He wasn't fighting on the same level, it's simply said that when two Majin Buu fight they lose their energy, so one is taking the other's energy, after that you see that fat Buu would die.

Yes, Good Buu would have lost eventually - that's not the point.

Here's something none of the people arguing for Kid Buu > Super Buu seem to realize.

Good Buu was fighting on par with Kid Buu.

Yet Good Buu is weaker than Super Buu.

How do you resolve this paradox?
You kinda just showed a simple charge. I hope there was more to their fight because getting a single hit in doesn't seem like much especially if he gets dominated later on. Is it a consistent back and forth?

You kinda just showed a simple charge. I hope there was more to their fight because getting a single hit in doesn't seem like much especially if he gets dominated later on. Is it a consistent back and forth?

Yeah there is, but i didn't want to copy + paste 15 pages. Their fight is covered in chapter 318 to 320 of DBZ.

Goku didn't say he couldn't beat him, he just say he needed to gather Ki to get to his full power and he gravely underestimated SSJ3 energy drain

Wow, if this translation is legit. I genuine see why people argue Kid Buu being the strongest Buu in the manga. (I thought people were just wanking tbh, didn’t realize there was actual merit, guess I shouldn’t jump to conclusions.)
It’s mostly due to anime statements, really. The Anime repeatedly states Kid Buu > Buuhan.

Wow, if this translation is legit. I genuine see why people argue Kid Buu being the strongest Buu in the manga. (I thought people were just wanking tbh, didn’t realize there was actual merit, guess I shouldn’t jump to conclusions.)
The interesting thing is that I don't think there was ever another translation for Goku's speech that Boo was getting greater ki (after losing his absorptions) like Kaioshin's speech about that.

On the most famous websites like [CENSORED] or my language, these were the same translations.

I even found a translation website from 5400 days ago (more than 10 years) and even with terrible scan and translation editing quality,

I find it impressive how Kid Boo being one of the weakest Boos has become like common sense, with the oldest and most famous translations talking about this thing about absorption losing power, as well as the anime being more explicit (since a lot of people grew up and saw DB for the first time in anime)

I think there can still be a debate about whether Kid Boo is above Buhan or not. Since the statement that he is getting bigger or stronger ki could be referring to his superboo form and not buhaan, and his absorptions making him weaker could just be the absorptions of the kaioshins. In addition to possible extra materials.

But that's for a crt.

0314-003.png
He couldn't take kid buu tho

It’s mostly due to anime statements, really. The Anime repeatedly states Kid Buu > Buuhan.
Yeah, I just was not aware that it was stated Kid Buu got weaker from gaining his absorptions due to gaining a good nature. But him getting the power that he lost back when he loses them and it does match up with what DB media says. Anime statements, Beat in heroes, and XV.

I was moreso just stating that I understand why people argue this.

The interesting thing is that I don't think there was ever another translation for Goku's speech that Boo was getting greater ki (after losing his absorptions) like Kaioshin's speech about that.

On the most famous websites like [CENSORED] or my language, these were the same translations.

I even found a translation website from 5400 days ago (more than 10 years) and even with terrible scan and translation editing quality,

I find it impressive how Kid Boo being one of the weakest Boos has become like common sense, with the oldest and most famous translations talking about this thing about absorption losing power, as well as the anime being more explicit (since a lot of people grew up and saw DB for the first time in anime)

I think there can still be a debate about whether Kid Boo is above Buhan or not. Since the statement that he is getting bigger or stronger ki could be referring to his superboo form and not buhaan, and his absorptions making him weaker could just be the absorptions of the kaioshins. In addition to possible extra materials.

But that's for a crt.
Yeah, it feels like my worldview on how I viewed Buu in the manga for years changed within a couple hours. I genuinely did not know these statements about Buu existed. I always assumed people were attempting to wank whenever I heard people argue that Kid Buu was the strongest.

Ah I see the usual "Strongest Buu Version" debate is going on.

My take: Buuhan>Butenks>Buucollo>Super Buu>Kid Buu>=Evil Buu>Fat Buu>Pure Buu.

The ONLY thing supporting Kid Buu being the strongest is the somewhat vague statement by Shin and Elder Kai which we already argue over because it can be interpreted in multiple ways. Taking this factor of the statement into account and combining it with the fact that ALL OTHER EVIDENCE in the arc suggests otherwise, literally every single scaling chain in the entire Buu Saga going against Kid Buu being the strongest one, and what the scaling actually would suggest, it's presumable that Kid Buu is stronger than Fat Buu but likely weaker than Super Buu, even if not, he is definitely not as strong as the Super Buu Z Fighter forms.

Furthermore, let's please consider what exactly Kid Buu, Super Buu, Evil Buu, and Fat/Pure Buu even are.

Buu starts out as Kid Buu, then as he absorbs Kai's, he becomes more powerful, and it was never suggested he had gotten any weaker from this. But when he absorbs the Grand Supreme Kai, the pureness of Grand Supreme Kai effects Buu on an emotional level while turning him into Fat Buu, who still has some of his former evil but also has kindness and innocence in him, which weakened Buu overall as Shin states. In the Buu Saga, after suffering a great loss, Fat Buu gets extremely emotional and angry, and expels his remaining evilness that existed formerly, in Evil Buu, who then defeats Pure Buu and absorbs him, becoming Super Buu. As explained, Kid Buu was only weakened because Grand Supreme Kai's kindness combatted his evilness, which is why Evil Buu is stronger than Pure Buu. But Super Buu lacks that kindness, only possessing both the strength of his evilness as well as the power that Pure Buu had without the drawbacks. Kid Buu would've gained power and probably grown to Super Buu level if not for the kindness nerf.

This is consistent with the scaling chain that we see in the arc. SSJ3 Goku and Pure Buu are on a similar level with each other though Goku is a bit stronger, and then when both of them fight Kid Buu their performance is on par with that, Goku being equal to Kid Buu if not slightly stronger at his absolute maximum power, Pure Buu being strong enough to at least stall Kid Buu and give him some trouble but overall being considerably weaker. Then Super Buu is on a whole other level above Goku and in turn Pure Buu, which again lines up with Super Buu>Evil Buu>Pure Buu<Kid Buu.

Really it's not that complicated to me. Kid Buu being called the strongest can only be interpreted as him being stronger than Super Buu and his Z Fighter absorptions if you take it in a context that is unlikely to be the intended context when analyzing the rest of it. You need to cherry pick that and ignore everything else for it to even be an argument. Shin is likely not even talking about the Super Buu variants in the first place as Super Buu was a deviation of sorts created by accident due to Hercule's bond with Fat Buu.

Back