• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion Thread 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullza said:
Why are people complaining about the power scaling? There's no issue here.
Super Saiyan Goku is as strong as Super Saiyan God Goku.

Super Saiyan 2 Trunks is stronger than Super Saiyan 2 Goku.

For some bizarre reason this site went full ****** in thinking that people like Frost, Magetta, Trunks and Cabba etc were weaker than Super Saiyan God and they never were.
finally someone that understands

Not gonna make a huge argument about this here (if you want to talk about it go to my wall or make a thread)

But do you know how inconsistent it is that 1 year of training for Trunks = Super Saiyan God Level x2?

Or do you two just not see it that way?

@Bullza Because this power scaling results in stupid nonsense like Piccolo and untrained Gohan being able to do the DBS ep 12 clash. And also your explanation doesn't makes any sense either.

Even if Trunks in SSJ2 is stronger than SSJ2 Goku, there is still no reason why he should be fighting alongside SSB Goku against SSR Black, who previously toyed with SSB Vegeta in base. And SSB Vegeta godstomping Trunks a couple of episodes before.

Scaling in DBS has become a complete mess and we really have no choice but to compromise with profiles in order to make a slight lick of sense out of it all.

Smoak7 said:
Bullza said:
Why are people complaining about the power scaling? There's no issue here.
Super Saiyan Goku is as strong as Super Saiyan God Goku.

Super Saiyan 2 Trunks is stronger than Super Saiyan 2 Goku.

For some bizarre reason this site went full ****** in thinking that people like Frost, Magetta, Trunks and Cabba etc were weaker than Super Saiyan God and they never were.
finally someone that understands
You two aren't the only ones. But at the end of the day, it will always be an "outlier" or an "Inconsistency"

SomebodyData said:
Not gonna make a huge argument about this here (if you want to talk about it go to my wall or make a thread)
But do you know how inconsistent it is that 1 year of training for Trunks = Super Saiyan God Level x2?

Or do you two just not see it that way?
Let's see,4months of training made wonders for Frieza

or let's see,Vegeta in 6 months of training became stronger than Goku SSG

A lot of you are severely off the mark. First of all Piccolo is not God level. They explained why he did so well against Frost.

But yes Trunks is stronger than Super Saiyan God because he's stronger than Super Saiyan 2 Goku and Super Saiyan Goku WAS as strong as Super Saiyan God.

Trunks didn't become as strong as God in 1 year it happened over 10 years.

According to a preview Trunks also got a lot stronger in this episode compared to when he fought Goku because of training.

So yeah I told you people that SSJ Goku = SSJG Goku and that Frost, Cabba, Zamasu. Magetta and Trunks were in too low a tier but you wouldn't have it because of how the fight with Piccolo played out.

Now this episode proves that there regular Super Saiyan forms are God level something you should have already have known as they specifically made that clear when Goku fought Beerus and then when he fought Zamasu.

frieza is very special case , vegeta was trained under whiss

Goku and Vegeta trained for 3 years in the time chamber but it bearly made and difference

ZERO7772 said:
Goku and Vegeta trained for 3 years in the time chamber but it bearly made and difference
It all depends if it servers plot

Because there are many power up from training

For example:

Vegeta going first time in rosat and getting few times stronger (against cell),then he goes again for a year and he doesn't get any stronger

It all depends on plot,and since Toriyama said Goku & Vegeta wot surpass Beerus,it means that if even if they spent 10 years in rosat they wouldn't get stronger,but if Toriyama decided that he wants Goku stronger he could make him just throught one year of training

ZERO7772 said:
Frieza was a natural born prodigy

@Bullza They gave an explanation. And its BS. If Piccolo were not god level then he could not do anything to Frost. An ant isn't going to defeat a meteorite with a certain fighting style. Except the gap between Piccolo and Frost is orders of magnitude greater, unless Piccolo was far stronger.

Even if SSJ is as powerful as the SSG, it still wouldn't be as powerful as SSB obviously. And once again Trunks was stomped by SSB Vegeta two episodes earlier. SSB Vegeta got stomped by base Black. And now you're telling me there is no issue with Trunks now fighting on par with SSR Black?

Gokuiscool144 said:
ZERO7772 said:
Frieza was a natural born prodigy
Whics is true maybe if he train for 1-2 years he will beat Beerus xD

@Somebodydata

Where's this one year? There's been about 10 years for Trunks since the Cell Games for him to become that strong.

@Ryukuma

The explanation was fine. They already said that Piccolo had no chance against Frost he just did aswell as he did because he fought defensively and he fought strategically while charging up an attack that "went above his normal limits".

He's not God level he is as strong as Base Gohan as they showed him to be.

SSJ was equal to SSJG. Trunks is stronger than SSJ2 Goku. He's well over twice as strong as SSJG. He did get stomped by SSJB Vegeta but a preview for this episode said his strenght had greatly increased through training so he's alot stronger now and that's why he's able to hold his own against SSJR Black.

He's not as strong as Black but he ain't that much drastically weaker if he can keep up with him and kick him into a building.

So no I have no issue with it. This site just has some things wrong. Put Zamasu, Frost, Cabba, Magetta and Trunks up there with the high tiers. Drop Piccolo down to between Dabura and Tagoma. Put Krillin in the same tier as Tien.

And everything would be perfect.

I meant for training, as far the other 9 years he had been helping people, meaning he would have been even weaker when Black attacked.

@Bullza Once again it is not a reasonable explanation at all. Changing your style of karate does not let you hold your own against people decillions of times stronger.

You can't destroy a mountain by throwing a grain of sand at it. Even if you are very skilled at your throwing technique. Or survive getting hit by an asteroid if you're "defensive."

And even if Piccolo was some master at fighting where he can oppose gods, then how is anyone else ever able to defeat him in the series?

Plus it was only a couple of episodes between SSB Vegeta stomping Trunks. Him getting to such higher levels in a very short timeframe like that does not make any sense.

So you really think Trunks is decillions times weaker than Black?lmao

Dude,your site ratings can't work same as in DB world

In db world he is at best few thousands times weaker,and even if that

Of course Toriyama doesn't intend characters to be that much stronger than each other. But that doesn't mean the feats he gives different characters aren't on those levels apart from each other.

And while fiction won't always adhere to certain logic and mathematics, we have to apply some degree of that within analyzing these characters in order to actually have profiles.

The Queen Diclonius said:
I really don't get why so many people are complaining about power scaling. I mean, seriously. That aside, I really loved this episode. Won't lie, I had come to have such a low opinion of this saga that I seriously expected to see it end around Episode 58 by having Goku and co. beat Black and Zamasu, but thankfully that didn't turn out to be the case. We still got more intrigue, more suspense, and more plot developments coming our way. It's just my deepest hope that Toei Animation doesn't side with some of the fantards and turn Vados into the villain, for I sense she and Champa will be returning during this arc, and their reasons for searching down the Super Dragon Balls will be revealed. Have my fingers crossed! Let's hope for the best, people, hope for the best! ^_^
Because this site is about indexing fictional character by their stats and abilities, and Dragon Ball Super is becoming par with Marvel and Pokemon in inconsistency (despite being a single continuity unlike the other two).

@Queen Besides the powerscaling the I agree this episode was pretty good. With some pretty nice fight scenes along with some cool martial arts techniques that typically isn't shown in much DBZ fights.

And while it may require some PIS, I'm glad that characters like Mai aren't completely useless.

Yeah the Super Dragon Balls coming back is something I really like. I was pretty disappointed at first cause I thought after the Universe 6 Saga it'd just get dropped. Luckily that isn't the case now.

I think Vados is going to stay a more neutral character. She's too OP for any of the main cast to fight except other neutral characters like Whis, Zen'ō and Daishinkan

Nice episode

Animation:Great

Plot Development:Good

Character Moments:Great

Power Scaling:I can't even.3-B Trunks and Trunks>Goku and Vegeta apparently.

Well, in my opinion, while Trunks stopping Black's attack with a sword is clearly PIS, but a necessary and minor one, the fight against Zamasu was completly one sided in Zamasu's favour, and with his immortal body it appeared to me that he didn't even try to evade both the sword stab and the final flash, nor any other hit he got that i can't remember, so maybe the power scaling part can still be savable. The only coments on the granade, was once again a plot induced necesity for getting Goku and Trunks out of there. But this is just my opinion on this either way, and i'm more interested in Zamasu's immortality, that's one of the three haxes of super, alongside hit's time skip and botamo's different dimension thing.

We may have another speed feat next ep-> from NEP Zamasu will ask about super dragon balls and he'll collect them and summon dragon,now we'll just need time frame -> if they give one

SSB is listed as 3-B while SSR is 3-A mainly because black base form is comparable to SSB and his SSR should be vastly stronger than his base like 5-6 stronger if we go by that logic it must been godstomp in Black favor but it wasn't

That not my opinion i am asking the site logic

Faisal Shourov said:
RIP all the power scaling in the series. I am just watching it for enjoyment now lol
3B SSJ trunks without god ki, kill me :'P
Bruh me too i will disintegrate from existance if that happens :'d

TISSG7Redgrave said:
Faisal Shourov said:
RIP all the power scaling in the series. I am just watching it for enjoyment now lol
3B SSJ trunks without god ki, kill me :'P
Bruh me too i will disintegrate from existance if that happens :'d
Goku as normal SSJ against Beerus,after god form expired was 3B and it was ok

ZERO7772 said:
SSB is listed as 3-B while SSR is 3-A mainly because black base form is comparable to SSB and his SSR should be vastly stronger than his base like 5-6 stronger if we go by that logic it must been godstomp in Black favor but it wasn't
That not my opinion i am asking the site logic
Well,throught entire db franchise,in fights some were vastly stronger and yet weren't killed by few blows or one.This is not OPM :D

I mean,just look at Hit vs Goku

First base Goku was able to survive Hitt's blows,then Goku went SSB became stronger than Hit and yet Hit survived,then Goku went KKx10 and becamse like ~x10 stronger than Hit and Hit tanked,then while Hit was catching on Goku's strenght and actually became stronger,Goku survived anyway.

You know what guys? Let's forget about power scaling for a minute because that was obviously PIS or inconsistency (call it as you want). I mean Vegeta SSB easily defeated Trunks, so Trunks being able to fight Zamasu and Black Goku with Goku makes no sense. The only logical conclusion is PIS.

and lol, I can already see downplayers saying two guys with grenades can take on Goku and Vegeta (too bad toei didn't think of Goku using taioken (solar flare) or something).

That aside, the episode was very good, the animation pretty good. Zamasu gained an incredible power, and now we're wondering again who is black Goku? The suspense is so intense!

I think Black is the God of destruction of U 10, makes sense as to why he agreed to Zamasu plan and how they're linked,he could have learned about Goku and how his hs God Ki from Zamasu and such,as for why he looks like Goku it could be as a result of one of his powers.

@Vandevin You mean the gas grenade, right? If so, then... No, it's not clear who is the strongest. The gas grenade is making even that difficult to see atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back