• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Super Discussion thread 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
^Yeah but in the manga Champa said Botamo had a trump card, how the hell all that stuff happen in a single episode? Im confused o-o

Faisal Shourov said:
^Yeah but in the manga Champa said Botamo had a trump card, how the hell all that stuff happen in a single episode? Im confused o-o
Goku probably beat him so easily even with the so called trump card if Goku loses Piccolo, Vegeta and the other except Monoka won't be able to beat Botamo. Yea i believe this tournament is like the ordinary bodukai one for there to be Piccolo vs Frost.

GTgokussj4 said:
Faisal Shourov said:
Goku probably beat him so easily even with the so called trump card if Goku loses Piccolo, Vegeta and the other except Monoka won't be able to beat Botamo. Yea i believe this tournament is like the ordinary bodukai one for there to be Piccolo vs Frost.
Either goku beat botama and lost to frost somehow or it is like a regular tournament and goku simply beat botama and its piccolo`s turn i am going with its a regular tournament.

So only way U7 wins is if Monaka, Vegeta and Goku all win. If one of the three loses, U7 also loses

You know what? This whole tournament arc could have been avoided. There would have been no need to put everything on the line for this. All Goku and Vegeta had to do was tell Champa to take a hike, and if he refused, fuse into Gogeta and kick his ass eight ways to Hell.

Of course, those two being what they are, they wouldn't turn down any sort of ultimate competition no matter what's on the line.

i think the power of the gods compared to goku and vegeta have been so badly retconned

that even if they trained for 10 years and became gogeta ssjgssj at kaoiken x 4, they wud still lose to champa

If they're really that weak compared to Beerus, then how did they make the battle between him and Super Saiyan God Goku seem so climactic? The way they were showing that made it seem Beerus could not have possibly been holding back that much. The more they portray the saiyans as being still so weak compared to the Gods, the worse and more confusing that fight and the way it was shown becomes.

Unclechairman said:
If they're really that weak compared to Beerus, then how did they make the battle between him and Super Saiyan God Goku seem so climactic? The way they were showing that made it seem Beerus could not have possibly been holding back that much. The more they portray the saiyans as being still so weak compared to the Gods, the worse and more confusing that fight and the way it was shown becomes.
beerus wanted to have some fun thats why

a reasonable amount of challenhe

also consider the following: goku ssgss after 3 years of training is still much weaker

hence beerus really was holding back a lot

So he was toying with Goku? That much should be obvious by now, but the way he not only held back his full power, but made it look like he was using at least a significant portion of it makes it annoying with how badly the portrayal was apparently misleading us. The closest example that comes to mind of this happening before is MSSj Goku VS Perfect Cell, and even there, Cell had to have been using a significant portion of his power there (50% at least considering Super Saiyan 2 is apparently only a 2x multiplier and SSj2 Gohan stomped him easily).

Unclechairman said:
So he was toying with Goku? That much should be obvious by now, but the way he not only held back his full power, but made it look like he was using at least a significant portion of it makes it annoying with how badly the portrayal was apparently misleading us. The closest example that comes to mind of this happening before is MSSj Goku VS Perfect Cell, and even there, Cell had to have been using a significant portion of his power there (50% at least considering Super Saiyan 2 is apparently only a 2x multiplier and SSj2 Gohan stomped him easily).
looks like you forgot the part when he said he was holding back to make goku fight harder

and even after that he kept up with goku's power to get a real fight

I know he held back to get Goku to fight at full power. It's just that the way that fight was shown made it so misleading. By later statements in Super, you'd think he wasn't even using 1%, or probably even less if you think Gogeta couldn't take him. If he was holding back that much, it should have been obvious. Just like if you're exerting all your effort to do a given task, it's almost always obvious to those around you, it's also obvious when you're barely putting in any effort. Either Beerus was using a significant amount of power there, or he has some supernatural ability to make it look like he's putting in effort when he's really not.

Furthermore, the way the fight was shown in Super was almost the complete opposite of how it was shown in Battle of Gods. In Battle of Gods, Beerus is obviously dominating Goku in the early stages of their fight, just like in Super, but Goku eventually brings out all of his latent power, which is enough to make Beerus use 70%. In Super, it seems the same thing happens, only even more climactic as Beerus is apparently using most of his power, but is later revealed that he was holding back tremendously and Goku is still comically inferior to him.

It seems Beerus just fooled everyone, including me.

Admittedly, I haven't really been following Super. I'm still waiting for an English dub since I can't stand most Japanese voices.

Unclechairman said:
Admittedly, I haven't really been following Super. I'm still waiting for an English dub since I can't stand most Japanese voices.
well then here is the thing

goku, after training AFTER getting the ssgs is still well below beerus

Yeah, I get it. The way their fight in the BoG saga was protrayed just made me think the gap in power was much smaller than it apparently really is.

Also, this episode is clearly filler (but with really good looking animation starting with Gohan's training scene)...my theory is that they're using this filler so they can spend more time working on the tournement episodes...just a theory, but maybe that's what TOEI is doing right now, because the anime is the main product and there's no reason for them to wait for the manga.

Alexcar3000 said:
Also, this episode is clearly filler (but with really good looking animation starting with Gohan's training scene)...my theory is that they're using this filler so they can spend more time working on the tournement episodes...just a theory, but maybe that's what TOEI is doing right now, because the anime is the main product and there's no reason for them to wait for the manga.
Yeah. Dragon Ball's filler was always a step above the other animes. It always served to flesh out the story and characters better.

My only complain, again, is simply that Gohan's hairstyle has shifted back to the crappy GT style. They should gone this route. At least then we could get the difference between is base and mystic forms.

Faisal Shourov said:
^Beerus was looking for toys to play with, it was explained after Whis sent Goku and Vegeta to his pocket dimension. The stronger the toys become, the more fun he gets. Similar to Bambina you could say.
The small tree and Beerus castle is a clear example of the power gap.
I don't get that example tbh didn't Goku & Vegeta inherit god powers into their base forms then SSJB enhances that 50x how are they still so far behind beerus if God Goku intially clashed with him

There's no such thing as filler in Super since the Anime is the main product of it.If anything,they seem to not work so hard on this episode and have many flashbacks so that they will have more time for the animators in the next episodes.So that the animation will improve.

FTW395 said:
So Piccolo's going to get some special training right? Otherwise he'll just be fodder.
nope lmao he refused to train in the ROSAT with Goku & Vegeta he's gonna do his version of training by meditating

so the summary for episode 33 was released and it says by the end

no matter what attacks Goku uses, Botamo isn't fazed in the least.

this could mean that after botamo uses his technique goku won't be able to do jack shit

Soul01 said:

this could mean that after botamo uses his technique goku won't be able to do jack shit
Maybe it's cuz goku doesn't have piercing attacks and iirc the Special Beam Cannon (makankosappo) is a piercing attack. So who knows :p.

Botama sounds like he is gonna have some sort of hax i thinking its gonna have to do with his smooth body that attacks bounce of him or something like that

Faisal Shourov said:
AnimeFanboy2916 said:
If they show Zarama and go into more detail of how powerful he is, will a page be made for him/her?
Yes, but if he only grants wishes like Shenron he wont be used for combat
it cud just grant iyself wishes for combat abilities

Faisal Shourov said:
^Has shenron ever granted wish for itself? I dont remember. Anyways, there is a possibility that Zarama is different from other shenron and has a free will.
I think Zarama does have a free will. How else would he have created the Super Dragon Balls in the first place?

FTW395 said:
Soul01 said:

Maybe it's cuz goku doesn't have piercing attacks and iirc the Special Beam Cannon (makankosappo) is a piercing attack. So who knows :p.
Exactly just like Luffy blunt forces won't work, Botamo is gonna be made out of rubber-like material like Buu

AnimeFanboy2916 said:
Faisal Shourov said:
^Has shenron ever granted wish for itself? I dont remember. Anyways, there is a possibility that Zarama is different from other shenron and has a free will.
I think Zarama does have a free will. How else would he have created the Super Dragon Balls in the first place?
Dragon Ball's TOAA incoming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back