• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Durability Page Update (Staff Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sandbox needs to be updated to expand on the surviving attacks section, possibly a section for video game mechanics. Possibly more modifications, unsure yet.

I also think the points about melee weapons where if they're examples of AP coming from the weapon rather than the wielder, I could see how durability wouldn't scale to the wielder. But for cases where a striking strength clearly comes from the wielder rather than the weapons, (which is still most melee weapon cases from my experience) then it shouldn't be treated any differently than characters punching.

Sandbox needs to be updated to expand on the surviving attacks section, possibly a section for video game mechanics. Possibly more modifications, unsure yet.
Okay. Thank you for the reply.

The sandbox looks good to me, but I am not the best person to ask. Could somebody write a tally of the staff opinions here so far please?

Last edited:
Sandbox hasn't really been updated; if there are points people want to modfiy on it, the sandbox is open for edits.

Looks good.

Spock and I think Vulcans in general use pressure points a lot.

Also, maybe worth covering game mechanics? Specifically health bars, chip damage, weak spots etc.
I can add the example myself, but I think there should be a section that briefly covers, and links to, game mechanics.

What do the rest of you think about this?
I think @DarkDragonMedeus would be best able to explain this, but honestly I can't think of anything worth explaining that isn't already explained in the Game Mechanics page itself, at best a link redirect to the Game Mechanics page under the Notes section should do IMHO.

I assisted in like 60% of the sandbox. I'm not really the best one to evaluate it. It's like a CGM evaluating their own calc.

I do not know. I was personally fine with the draft the last time that I checked, but further input would be appreciated.

Thank you for the evaluation. I think that you can probably post the new draft for our durability page then, @Damage3245 .

Is that fine with you as well, @DontTalkDT ?

Okay. Will update the durability page then.

Further modification are always possible later on.

Yes. Thank you very much for helping out. It is appreciated. 🙏 🙂

Thank you to everybody who helped out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back