• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't really matter since Itachi can make the Susanoo again, Dante's main weapon against it is Teleportation to get inside

However Deconstruction will work on Itachi

Dante Demon Killah said:
Doesn't really matter since Itachi can make the Susanoo again, Dante's main weapon against it is Teleportation to get inside
So will Soulhax

Dante Demon Killah said:
Uh, Low-Godly regen.

Soul hax helps, Deconstruction doesn't.

Only reason Deconstruction was being argued was weather that would let him get past Susanoo.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Dante Demon Killah said:
Uh, Low-Godly regen.
Soul hax helps, Deconstruction doesn't.

Only reason Deconstruction was being argued was weather that would let him get past Susanoo.
It works, but Itachi comes back*

Now is fixed

Even if it works, Susanoo isn't something that dies and can't come back, Itachi just remakes and keep the battle

Our arguments are not dependant on this

Chakra or not, it doesn't matter. Genjutsu isn't dependent on this. We are not in 2017 anymore. Show us somethint about his nerves, resisting some bio hax doesn't grant yoy resistance to such specific thing like this

Since everyone is voting I'll do so too.

How I see this going is with Itachi going mind hax first, Dante resist and Itachi goes with CQC by himself or using a Clone.

Whatever he uses he will notice he has the advantage there and will probably use jutsus to deal with him faster.

Dante realizes he is being overwhelmed and goes DT which isn't enough but helps him, with Dante still getting overwhelmed he will start to hax which makes Itachi go all Mangekyo

This isn't counting that if Dante lands a hit at any moment with Soul hax which is an insta win due to lack of resistances

Basically, I vote for Dante

Yeah no, that proof is abysmal. You aren't inflating the ability to not become a blob by holding a sword with being immune to your nerves' signals being changed by the enemy at all.

Voting Itachi until proper resistance is shown.

A lot of people are saying he resists mindhax here.

Without actual feats, that is simply untrue. His biological resistance feat has to do with anything but what Itacho does, so yeah.

Dante Demon Killah said:
Why that doesn't cover ? He resisted something much more damaging to his biology than having his nerves being manipulated
Because they are fundamentally different.

Itachi isn't changing his biologily at all. He isn't making his cells do stuff they wouldn't normally, he just tricks them to take false imput.

This is like saying that resisting hallucinogens and being transmutate into a wall of flesh are the same thing.

Rocker1189 said:
I also don't see how he has soul manipulation for what has been shown. It just looks like NPI to me.
We already discussed it. He can destroy souls by hitting his target and has another feat of him ripping a demon's soul out of a body.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
A lot of people are saying he resists mindhax here.

Without actual feats, that is simply untrue. His biological resistance feat has to do with anything but what Itacho does, so yeah.
Dante's mind hax resistance comes from the Demon world which passively mindhaxes everything in it. He was able to withstand this since his early days.

Care to elaborate on that second part?

Also, casting Mind Manipulation via magic or manipulating nerves (via magic) may be different on how is casted, but not the actual hax. Not only this isn't listed on the Mind Manipulation page, but it ends up being the same thing, Itachi may be able to manipulate Dante's nervous system to manipulate his mind, great, but when the control starts. it ends on Dante's resistance to it

Rocker1189 said:
I also don't see how he has soul manipulation for what has been shown. It just looks like NPI to me.
Killing demons that can come back from their souls which are called cores.

He can kill them without attacking the cores

That just doesn't matter here. His nerves are being given false imput, that has nothing to do with his noncorporeal mind being manipulated.

Exactly that. I would prefer not explaining the whole biological mindmanip=/=magical mindmanip.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
That just doesn't matter here. His nerves are being given false imput, that has nothing to do with his noncorporeal mind being manipulated.

Exactly that. I would prefer not explaining the whole biological mindmanip=/=magical mindmanip.
Okay so is Itachi controlling Dante's nerves through mind manip or bio manip?

I could argue Dante resists both as he is able to no sell Body Puppetry and the demon world's mind hax.

Mind Manipulation through Magic or Bio hax still Mind Manipulation, which gets resisted, this isn't even listed on the Mind Manipulation page, you don't just ignore resistance of the same hax because you cast it in a different way

Dante Demon Killah said:
Also, casting Mind Manipulation via magic or manipulating nerves (via magic) may be different on how is casted, but not the actual hax. Not only this isn't listed on the Mind Manipulation page, but it ends up being the same thing, Itachi may be able to manipulate Dante's nervous system to manipulate his mind, great, but when the control starts. it ends on Dante's resistance to it
No. I am sorry, but that is not how it works.

There are many, many types of mindhax and you don't get to resist all of them by virtue of resisting one type. You don't get a blanket resistance to type 3 madness manip, bacteria ******* with your brain, brain surgery, someone with electricity manip giving your nerves the impression that they are feeling stuff, or someone just waving a wand and making you lose your memory.

Not without feats, anyways. And again, we are not having this argument here. The mechanism is what needs to be resisted, not the outcome. Someone 10^10 stronger hitting you and someone with matter manip atomizing you may have the same effect, but you aren't resisting one for resisting the other.

Dante Demon Killah said:
Mind Manipulation through Magic or Bio hax still Mind Manipulation, which gets resisted, this isn't even listed on the Mind Manipulation page, you don't just ignore resistance of the same hax because you cast it in a different way
The page does say that mechanics are important. But feel free to make a questions and answers post to have people explain why this is so.

you don't just ignore resistance of the same hax because you cast it in a different way

We literally do that. If you resist mindhax, because your mind resist that, fine. It wouldn't protect you from some gas that makes you crazy or create illusions, or controlling the nerves

>There are many, many types of mindhax

This is very wrong, mind hax by default is manipulation of the mind in some form or way, it having a shit ton of sub sets or applications is another thing

AogiriKira said:
Okay so is Itachi controlling Dante's nerves through mind manip or bio manip?

I could argue Dante resists both as he is able to no sell Body Puppetry and the demon world's mind hax.
His mind manip resistance is useless because his minds isn't directly affected. His biological manip resistance is useless because his nerves aren't being changed. His body Puppetry resistance is not being controlled by literal strings.

What Itachi does is give fake imput for nerves. You know the stuff your senses give to tell your brain what to fell? He fakes that, and without proof of resisting that, which isn't listed on his profile, Dante isn't resisting that.

His mind manip resistance is useless because his minds isn't directly affected. His biological manip resistance is useless because his nerves aren't being changed. His body Puppetry resistance is not being controlled by literal strings.

Not only the nerves, the whole body is being changed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back