• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elder centime upgrade, and new abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's adaptation. He practically molted off and became bigger and better after taking on those attacks from Bang and Bomb. And then he found a way to counteract the immense heat

Bofoy?

Leogian4511 said:
I think he used a serious punch to just completely erase Elder Centapide's body. A normal punch probably would have sufficed to kill it but would have sent it's remains flying everywhere. The Serious Punch simply erased it.
I think Saitama knows about the Regenerationn and Reactive Evolution, thus he used the Serious punch just to made sure it won't regenerate (and escape to the underground as mentioned by King) again and won't cause any trouble later (like Blast's failed attempt to incapacitate it in the past)

EC will probably regenerate its head again if Saitama just use a casual punch to destroy its head

The Elder Centipede should remain at MHS+ because people like Genos and Bang could dodge it. Its AP should be "At Least Mountain Level" Durability is the good question though guys? Because he molts from the damage and grows in size and if im correct strength. And the serious punch was used because of it's abilities likely and because a normal punch would cause any part of it to fall onto the nearby city causing collateral damage.

I'm fine with upgrading Elder Centipede to 7-A or At least 7-A.

We don't know how much power Blast was using against Elder Centipede nor does anything suggest Saitama needed Serious Punch to kill him, just that he used it to make sure Elder Centipede gets completely annihilated/he was taking his anger out on him. So those shouldn't be used for any reasonings or to try and put him any higher.

Regneration and Reactive Evolution are also fine.

The way Elder Centipede did against Bang and Bomb would be good enough reason for 7-A or At least 7-A.

7-A or At least 7-A is fine for him. We should wait later before rating him any higher.

Ryukama said:
7-A or At least 7-A is fine for him. We should wait later before rating him any higher.
Exactly, he did take damage originally from the full power assault from Bang and Bomb and honestly he only cut Genos in half which would just be a 7-B+ feat though casually done. But all in all it's his insane durability that makes him a dangerous opponent. 7-B to 7-A Attack Power w/ At Least 7-A Durability (especially after molting) sounds good atm.

(Had to edit as I wasn't specific in some points.)

@Flow Are you suggesting At least 7-B AP and At least 7-A durability?

That sounds about right ^

Also, should Elder Centipede's highly acidic insides get a mention?

Sure but I have no idea what to call that power/ability lol

@Blanked Sure.

Anyways I think At least City level (A Dragon level threat, almost leveled a whole city when he was younger and smaller. Harmed Metal Bat. Tore Genos in half) for AP and At least Mountain level (A full barrage of attacks from Bang and Bomb just broke his outer shell, then when he grew it back they did no damage to him at all. Genos at full power breaking his limit could only harm him by attacking his internal organs) for durability would be good.

I would refine that a little just by saying: "Genos at full power could only harm him by attacking his internal organs and eyes."

Genos gave himself a nice peptalk but he hasn't really surpassed any of his limits during the fight.

I am fine with Ryukama's suggestions.

@Damage Well nothing like Genos breaking his limiter or becoming a whole lot stronger but just him surpassing what he could've previously done through pushing himself to the max.

It is tricky, because Phoenix Man (if thats the name) was confident in Centipede's win over the 3 heroes and going as far to say that only 4 heroes in the HA can harm him. But then he really is featless in AP outside of destroying a city practically and tearing Genos in half and harming MB. 7-A AP could be plausible but with little feats to back it up other than statements, your call. His durabilty would be around "At Least 7-A" definitely judging from what he has tanked.

Did he directly damage those 2 with an attack? I don't remember him doing so. If he did, then 7-A would be fine.

He hit both Bang and Bomb and knocked them back into some trees but the two of them didn't seem particularly damaged. Bang got a bit scarred on his shoulder from EC's acid but that's about it.

Given how the two acted though and that Bang could only take on Elder Centipede by going all out, I think he could definitely inflict serious damage on them.

Damage3245 said:
He hit both Bang and Bomb and knocked them back into some trees but the two of them didn't seem particularly damaged. Bang got a bit scarred on his shoulder from EC's acid but that's about it.
Given how the two acted though and that Bang could only take on Elder Centipede by going all out, I think he could definitely inflict serious damage on them.
I agree with the above statement.

http://onepunchman.wikia.com/wiki/Interviews/Stream_Q/A_3

this link could give some good insight

- Instead of doing no damage, the combined hit by Bomb and Bang now cracks Elder's entire carapace as well as bursting Elder's face. Murata said that the combo attack can't be 2x Cross Fang Dragon Slayer Fist but something one level weaker, to distinguish it from the punch against Overgrown Rover later on. <- This combo attack was weaker than the one used on Rover but not by much.

- (Elder can't die or be badly hurt) set by ONE (i.e. although Elder was hurt, the molting evolved him so he's stronger and no longer hurt). <- meaning Elder was never intended to be defeated by Genos and the brothers. And after the attack, he just grew bigger and stronger.

- Unexpectedly, the cracked carapace helped Elder with his molting process, a new, bigger body emerged out of the old shell, with a new face and extra eyes on his head. The three of them (Bang, Bomb and Genos) combine their powers to attack it. <- This did hurt the monster, but it was in it's molting process and thus simply aided in it. Making it larger and stronger in the long run.

Wouldnt his lower AP only apply to his teeth claws thing? I mean with that level of durability if he body slams them that might as well be attacking with his own armor

So something like this?

AP: At least City level (A Dragon level threat, almost leveled a whole city when he was younger and smaller. Harmed Metal Bat. Tore Genos in half), possibly Moutain level (Stronger than before, Bang was going to use his maximum strength to fight him, Monster Assoction didn't consider Bang or Watchdog Man as potential threats to him)

Durability: At least Mountain level (A full barrage of attacks from Bang and Bomb just broke his outer shell, then when he grew it back they did no damage to him at all. Genos at full power could only harm him by attacking his internal organs and eyes.)

I'm not sure if I trust Phoenix Man's statement too much, and the primary reason why he's treated as being unable to be defeated by most is the insane durability. However I guess I'd be fine with 7-A AP for Damage's reasons, as long as others are okay with it as well.

Yeah I was unsure about the Mountain AP as well. I'm fine with it being 7-B still AP wise or having a "possibly" tag before the 7-A rating (like with Boros and Garou)

Yeah I think we have the durability down. Anywhere from "Mountain Level" to "At Least Mountain Level". Because he survived an attack "one level lower" than the one used on Overgrown Rover.

The speed should remain about the same. At MHS+.

All we have is the Attack Potency now. Sometimes I feel like 7-A is plausible. But with little feats outside of tearing Genos in half though easily and minorly scarring Bang with his acid. That's it. He never landed an attack on the heroes so we don't have attacks to base off of him. So that could range from "At Least 7-B" to 7-A however you look at it. I can't see the AP any higher as there is little evidence outside statements to prove that tier.

AP: Either just 7-B or 7-B, possibly 7-A

Speed: MHS+

Durability: 7-A

Other: Adding in adaptive evoultion (or whatever adapting to get stronger is called) and maybe something about the stomach acid

Just asking but shouldn't Bofoy get upgraded as well since PM said he was one of the heros who potentially defeat Elder Centipede?

We don't know enough about Bofoi. Even Phoenix Man said that his true military might is a secret to even the heroes. Until it gets featured more, it's too speculate to add an upgrade to him.

A bit off topic but I just wanted to say I'm real surprised with how much of a powerhouse Elder Centipede turned out to be. Didn't expect him to be as strong as the recent chapter showed him to be or to get that much more screen time lol

Same. I expected him to be lower level than Gouketsu but from what it seems, it's likely that he might even be stronger. I mean that adaptation and those massive stats. He's also smart enough to figure out countermeasures for some attacks like that Genos overheat thing.

Nerf plz.

Well in the end nothing compared to Saitama.

Well they were taking his entire robot army into the equation. The current proflie is just based on his "primary" robot body. So if there was a upgrade I'd assume that it'd be like "Single Robot | Robot Army". I also think the MA mentioned this in the webcomic, but I forget where.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back