• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Expanding the References for Common Feats page

I am willing to assist with adding any commonly recognized feats to the page, if any assistance is needed.

Redid one of the listed common feats: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Flashlight237/Human-Shaped_Holes_Re-Calc

Used the cross-sectional area of a human instead since that felt less wanky, plus I added values for drywall, brick, and wood.
Thank you for helping out. It seems like a good type of feat to add to our standard feats page, but KLOL506 seemed to have some concerns that you will likely have to modify your calculation blog to accommodate.

Redid one of the listed common feats: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Flashlight237/Human-Shaped_Holes_Re-Calc

Used the cross-sectional area of a human instead since that felt less wanky, plus I added values for drywall, brick, and wood.
I was on my own for this one, so here's what it takes to crush an entire person: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Flashlight237/Common_Feat:_Crushing_a_Human
Thank you for helping out.

@KLOL506 @Jasonsith @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @Mr._Bambu @Therefir

Are any of you willing to help out with evaluating this please?

It seems like this has been accepted and can be added to our standard feats page now.
I was on my own for this one, so here's what it takes to crush an entire person: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Flashlight237/Common_Feat:_Crushing_a_Human
@Therefir

We are waiting for you to evaluate this calculation blog again.

What do you want me to do exactly?
Turn all of the separate feats/sections in the following page collapsible, if I haven't misunderstood.

If no one is willing to do it, I can try. I'll do it when I get home.
@Dereck03 @Just_a_Random_Butler

Did either of you ever find the time to handle this?

It seems like this has been accepted and can be added to our standard feats page now.

@Therefir

We are waiting for you to evaluate this calculation blog again.
Hold it... Is the author of the blog essentially redefining the destruction values of different materials?

Hold it... Is the author of the blog essentially redefining the destruction values of different materials?
Ummmmmm... no? He is still using the same methods to derive the destruction values.

It's just that drywall and brick have some pitifully low values.

Concrete however, we already have our own values in the Table of Destruction Values chart. That is what should be used.

Last edited:
I've seen the university stuff, and I'd recommend the average of the values or just both values, but for the v. frag stuff I'd keep what we have. Same with Pulv. Or if you could average those, that'd be okay with me too.

Last edited:
Because of this thread, I think I've found a flaw in the wording with one of our feats involving catching fire through sheer speed alone with this calc in question. Because if it's true what DT has pointed out earlier around this thread, then this shouldn't be required to necessarily have clothes just to leave a trail of flames through sheer speed alone.

Because of this thread, I think I've found a flaw in the wording with one of our feats involving catching fire through sheer speed alone with this calc in question. Because if it's true what DT has pointed out earlier around this thread, then this shouldn't be required to necessarily have clothes just to leave a trail of flames through sheer speed alone.
Bump, about this

So, here I am looking over the common feat of vaporizing iron and...

Taken from here, the density of Iron is 7,874 kg/m^3 or 7.874 g/cc. 6,213,627 / 1000 = 6,213.627 to vaporize one gram of Iron. 6213.627 Joules/g * 7.874 g/cc = 48926.098998 Joules/cc.

Source

Source 2

Iron characteristics

• Density: 7.874 g/cm^3
  • Boiling point: 2862 °C
  • Heat of fusion: 13,810 J/mol
  • Heat of vaporization: 340,000 J/mol
  • Molar Heat Capacity 25.10 J/(mol*K)
  • Molar Mass: 55.8450 g/mol
  • Room Temperature: 20 °C (average)
Conversions:

55.8450 g/mol > 0.055845 kg/m^3 so:

• Heat of Fusion: 247 j/g
  • Heat of Vaporization: 6,088 j/g
  • Molar Heat Capacity: 0.4494 J/g*C
(7.874)(0.4494)(6088-20) = 21,472 J

(247)(7.874) + (6,088)(7.874) = 49,881.79 J

49,881.79 + 21,472 = 71,353.79 J

It actually takes around 71,353.79 j/cc to vaporize iron.
There's something fishy here and I can't put a finger on it. Well...
55.8450 g/mol > 0.055845 kg/m^3
First of all, that's not how density works! Moles don't have anything to do with volume!
(7.874)(0.4494)(6088-20) = 21,472 J
Second of all, that's not how the specific heat capacity equation works! It goes like this:
E=m*c*ΔT, where m=mass, c=specific heat capacity, ΔT=change in temperature. Iron's boiling point is not 6088 degrees celsius, it's 2862 degrees celsius!

It would actually go like this for a cubic centimeter of iron.:

7.874*0.44946*(2862-20)=10057.97453

Yes, I used five sig-figs; that's what the figures presented beforehand gave us.

At least you guys got latent heat right.

Bump, about this
So, what do you suggest I add to that calculation I made? Do you want me to keep the high-end?

Hod that thought for now; I just found a video from The Theorizer on this, and the result was a bit higher than the one I got.

Did he do the math right here?

Bump, about this
Yeah that needs a recalc for sure
So, here I am looking over the common feat of vaporizing iron and...

There's something fishy here and I can't put a finger on it. Well...

First of all, that's not how density works! Moles don't have anything to do with volume!

Second of all, that's not how the specific heat capacity equation works! It goes like this:
E=m*c*ΔT, where m=mass, c=specific heat capacity, ΔT=change in temperature. Iron's boiling point is not 6088 degrees celsius, it's 2862 degrees celsius!

It would actually go like this for a cubic centimeter of iron.:

7.874*0.44946*(2862-20)=10057.97453

Yes, I used five sig-figs; that's what the figures presented beforehand gave us.

At least you guys got latent heat right.
Would you like me to ping some people for this?

Alright! I will still follow this thread, in case anyone wants to add anything and need my assistance! You can mention me in a post whenever you want, but most likely I will not check vsbw till next week.

Alright! I will still follow this thread, in case anyone wants to add anything and need my assistance! You can mention me in a post whenever you want, but most likely I will not check vsbw till next week.
I kindly request that you inform me of the specific changes that you have made, if any. I am currently working on updating the formatting of the entire page.

Using values above:
  • Density: 7.874 g/cm^3
  • Boiling point: 2862 °C
  • Heat of fusion: 13,810 J/mol
  • Heat of vaporization: 340,000 J/mol
  • Molar Heat Capacity 25.10 J/(mol*K)
  • Molar Mass: 55.8450 g/mol
25.10*(2862-20 C)+13810+340000 = 425144 J/mol

55.845 amu / 7.874 g/cm^3 = 7.09 mol/cm^3

425144 * 7.09 = 3,014,270 J/cm^3

The calc mentioned by Flashlight237 was indeed invalid

Thank you for helping out. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Which pages need to be updated accordingly then?

Back