• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

For Staff Members Only

Darkness552

VS Battles
Retired
This thread is for staff members to discuss any changes inside the wiki or discussions that would need input from all staff.

This thread was created for the conveniance of an easier way to have multiple staff to discuss on one topic without having to do too many private messasages outside the site.

To All Members that are NOT part of the Staff

You are not allowed to comment within this thread and if you do two things will happe

1. your message gets deleted

2. You recieve a temporary block

but if there are multiple offenses you will recieve a greater duration on your block

If you wish to share any ideas that have to do with the wiki then please do not do it here but instead on the Suggestion for Improvement Thread

Also it would be respectable by the staff if you would not actively look into this thread.

All of the Staff members should follow this thread as well.

ok cool now we just need confirmation the others are doing so as well so i can get started on a new rule i was going to discuss

ill just post this now

Topic

Should we make a rule regarding Naruto and Bleach in the same manner we did with DBZ where as a discussion should only be made about their standings when a new canon movie or manga chapter comes out

this is mainly because of the countless threads and problems we have with the two and now lately there has been a little bit of a fan war on our site between them

if you guys wish to add to this go ahead

OMG. i really hate it when i see flame wars, Azathoth. Gets me pent up to the point i might join in only to cuss at them. Though thankfully i just ignore them but if something happens that no one manages to calm them down....oh boy you guys could really get in for a treat from me.

Hmmmm.... I don't quite agree with the idea of having a single thread for all staff related discussions. Because for one. Clogging up a single thread with several different discussions makes it disorganized and it simply makes it harder to load the page...

So why not just create an entirely new Forum board for all staff related discussion and we could follow that forum board.

Btw I was thinking of deleting the New on VS Battles Wiki forum board. It has no threads, no posts and it just seems lonely. No one really uses it and it really just serves no real purpose... besides just being a lonely forum board which everyone simply ignores... So I was thinking of deleting it... Any objections?...

@Ziel

makes sense, i guess i could make an entire new board devoted to only staff

and as for the New on VS Battles Wiki forum board i wouldn't mind if it got deleted

but can we discuss the topic i brought up first before i go make a new forum board

Alright but we should make sure everyone follows that forum board...

Ok...

Hmmmm... it would seem appropriate but I believe that the rule should apply to all the members of the hst as while One Piece may seem at ease for now... it's sure to get wild soon enough... but I'm ok with it either way...

Regarding the possible Naruto and Bleach rule: Given that Dragonball currently has an ongoing series I can understand the rule, but for Naruto it is a bit harder, given that the series is finished. Given that we had relevant changes or change attempts to past feats in Naruto and bleach through Gallavants Shinju Tree Size calc and SchutzenDunkelZiels Bleach Upgrades and Downgrades Blog we see that, other than the feats for past Dragonball which were discussed for years already, the current stats for the characters of the series aren´t set in stone at this point. As such a rule that discussion should only be made if something new comes out (especially in naruto since it is finished) could also make it so that relevant changes aren´t made. But of course it is right that a lot of pointless discussions exist and that there is a bit of a fan war ongoing. Maybe it is better to just ban certain recurring topics or make a general list with already discussed topics (one could link the threads in which this topics were discussed) and ban reopening them. Even through that would of course cause more work.

@ Darkness: Ok now that I look over the rule for DBZ. And DontTalk has a good point so I feel as though we should pick out certain topics which should be banned while certain others should not and list them out here first... this should help this discussion progress a little more...

ok then

i can agree with that and then we should come out with a list because although while it would cause more work i can consider it necessary for future stability

(also i heard Naruto was going to be coming out with new movies that are canon or something like that,the main reason why i was originally applying them to the orignal idea)

I think that DontTalk makes sense, and that SDZ's suggestions of a special "Staff Members Discussions" forum makes sense as well.

Btw: Among others, Yu Yu Hakusho and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure have also been recurring/neverending topics of annoyance for me.

Antvasima said:
Btw: Among others, Yu Yu Hakusho and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure have also been recurring/neverending topics of annoyance for me.
Which things in particular? I know there's been stuff about wanting to upgrade the JJBA top tiers, but that's the extent of my knowledge on the subject.

Ah yes the ol' YYH and JJBA talks. *Sigh* This again. Yeah i guess we can add them in alongh with Naruto and Bleach.

yes there is alot of other fictions that do have reacurring themes that we just don't accept, that we will have to take care of at some point but i think for now we should just focus at one at a time

@Darkness: That works too. yeah if we try to focus on one thing at a time, we can probably go through them real quick depending on how much work it'll take to do them.

The "Novel Kars is tier 0", "Johnny Joestar is tier 2-A and hits with the force of infinite universes", "Giorno Giovanna can oneshot all of fiction" style stuff.

So I guess well be waiting for you or someone else to start up with what we should restrict...

Off-Topic: Well anyhow I'll just shortly announce that the JavaScript lockdown is over if ya already didn't know.

well first im going to say we should restrict Lightspeed Madara

Off-Topic: thats great we can start doing things with that, also aren't you going to do some things with the JavaScript

Alright.

It's great alright and yeah certain things but I'm gonna have to review all those first. There was something similar to that of an update. So some things probably have changed...

Just as an extremely important note to all admins regardjng javascript: Please never ever place them in the publicly accessible page option. If you have to use them, I think that you should place them in your private common.js page, and even so you should probably preferably avoid using them as much as possible, as some of them can completely mess up the wiki if used inappropriately,

If you wish to use them, please ask at Community Central for help first regarding how to make them accessible to yourselves only. I am admittedly a paranoid sort, but this is actually extremely important. Thank you.

I agree with what everyone else is saying. It's annoying seeing the amount or repetitive threads on issues we already covered. Notable examples including Naruto, Bleach, YYH, DBZ and others.

But also, making an entire forum section dedicated to the staff is a good idea as well, seeing as how this thread will become incredibly clogged very quickly...

I have now created a Staff Members Discussions board, and moved this thread there.

All admins and mods should likely follow that forum board so that when ever a new topic is brought up everyone will be automatically notified...

I didn't know that it was possible to follow an entire board? If it is not, we could always constantly notify each other about important new topics instead.

You're able to follow a forum board the same way as following an article page. At the bottom of your screen, there pop up tool bar of sort which has a "follow" buttom. Just go to a forum board and just click the "follow" button. And you'd be following the entire forum board.

Following the forum board would notify ya when ever someone makes a post or reply on any thread which is present on the board as such it would save us the trouble of having to constantly notifying each other.

I'm currently following all the forum boards to keep up the date with the discussions.

I am sorry, but it does not show up for me. Perhaps I have the wrong wiki skin/display type activated?

Check the bottom right cornor of your screen. There's probably something which looks like two arrow heads pointing up . Press that...

Back